Page 74 of 110 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2741
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is, he blocked the door, and wouldn’t let her leave for a bit.

If you knew anything about therapy, you’d know that every shrink goes to a shrink. Their job is awful, and they are traumatized by what they hear every day.
    Actually a close relative is a psychologist, and I've heard stories that make that look like a joke. Unless there's a much more sinister backstory, I don't buy that for a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impressive response. This is a tangent for me, but I think it’s definitely odd that the psychologist works for the team and isn’t acting like a typical therapist where they are paid by the patient/client. It’s ethically weird. I trust the Spurs typically, but the more I think about this, I’m having challenges with a mental health professional suing a client they are supposed to be helping, especially in the absence of a legal charge. I don’t think that’s the reason the lawyer is targeting the Spurs, obviously, in doing so this may put less focus on Primo. Honestly, I could see him saying he has an alcohol problem and trying to downplay the issue that way, and if he went that way I could see a path back, maybe not with the Spurs, though they have their experience with alcoholics. Anyway. Just rambling.
    Great point here... there are some weird conflicts of interest presented in this case. Will be interesting to watch it play out from a corporate internal affairs perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, in that fanfic, Primo's actually lying about taking accountability, and the psychologist is right in her assessment that Primo should be cut. The Spurs' reluctance to agree immediately causes her to file suit. The Spurs may consult a second opinion or get word of another incident. But in the very least, they don't believe Primo like they did before and cut him on the advice of Legal.
    Do we know anything about the timeline of when the therapist left the Spurs and under what terms? In your scenario, she quits like, in the last few days... but for all we know she left the team last season? Do we know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that article is accurate, uh, that changes everything. Wow.
    If true, why not an outright denial instead of childhood trauma? Also, lol Spurs reputation in that scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another weird thing to me is that there's not actually a lawsuit against him (according to TMZ). They only sent him a demand letter. Is that normal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another weird thing to me is that there's not actually a lawsuit against him (according to TMZ). They only sent him a demand letter. Is that normal?
    Yes, that’s SOP. In some cases (not this one) it’s a prerequisite to recovering attorneys fees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that's completely normal. It sets everything up from then on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh how? You believe this ? Sounds like him trying to get ahead of something AGAIN. Why send an apology the first time if it was just a malfunction
    I'll wait until after the press conference tomorrow to comment further but that article had notable yet subtle points that could change the outcome of this ordeal, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we know anything about the timeline of when the therapist left the Spurs and under what terms? In your scenario, she quits like, in the last few days... but for all we know she left the team last season? Do we know?
    I had the same question. The latest I've heard that someone can still place her 100% still with the team is July.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that’s SOP. In some cases (not this one) it’s a prerequisite to recovering attorneys fees.
    She'll get attorneys fees in this case under le VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act regardless of any demand letters or anything else (if she prevails).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JeffGSpursKENS5
    JeffGSpursZone
    Report: Ex-Spur Primo claims he never intentionally exposed himself to team psychologist https://buff.ly/3U4YdK2 #porvida #nba #gospursgo #nbatwitter #sanantonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh boy wardrobe malfunction lol

Sounds like the wardrobe malfunction story is what he told his girlfriend and his mother.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the story is BS but he’s lawyered up and is pushing back.

Back to an earlier point, if Buzbee isn’t even going after Primo to chase the bigger cash prize, it undermines their case and leaves a door open for Primo to assert his innocence.

Also, because there are three interconnected sides to this story, it’s like everyone is guilty and no one is guilty, so to speak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually a close relative is a psychologist, and I've heard stories that make that look like a joke. Unless there's a much more sinister backstory, I don't buy that for a second.

Was always taught to be between the door and the patient. But I'm guessing she didn't go into the session like he was a threat and he created the situation (by what ya'll are writing).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sounds like people around him defending him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The TMZ piece suggests the incidents happened during official sessions between Primo and the psychologist.That there was a couch there could suggest it didn't happen in the Spurs' facility. That Primo is "shcoked" by the allegations suggests this wasn't something he was accused of with his knowledge -- meaning there was not a moment when the three sides had a confrontation or that the Spurs explicitly confronted Primo about clear accusations level on him by the psychologist. It also suggests that this wasn't why Primo was waived or at least isn't what he believes to be the reason. That we're this far in the process but Primo hasn't been sued makes me wonder if they're going to try to paint him more as a force of nature that the Spurs unleashed on women more than him being an active predator. The implication that Primo is being taken advantag of besides having the sexual implications also implies that the incident likely didn't bring an immediate end to their interaction.

Those are just a few different ways I saw to bend the TMZ piece to look for hints at the upcoming proceedings. I still think Primo is being dishonest if not just lying. But there could certainly be some weirdness going on. The psychologist doesn't look too good in this situation either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that's completely normal. It sets everything up from then on.
    So, is it normal (even in a 'high' profile case) for there to be a press conference before a lawsuit is filed? I thought even if they did the demand letter first that it wouldn't make much sense to have a press conference right now. What are they trying to gain by it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok i think the play for the lawyer, make a big public stink and hope other women come forward so you can snowball the case into something more $$$$. would make sense to go for full publicity. Hotel staff may not want to be litigious and the hotel has it's own interests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were multiple incidents with different women. Not really buying what primo is selling. I’m just hoping the Spurs aren’t burying earlier incidents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has there been any official word from anywhere that the hotel maid rumor was true at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the same question. The latest I've heard that someone can still place her 100% still with the team is July.
    On her website, she still lists herself with the team. So, I'm guessing she didn't quit that long ago or I think the website would be changed.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The therapist’s progress notes, assuming they are time stamped in an Electronic Medical Record system, should be crucial evidence that is presented and this should be at least something that shows a timeline of events in the patient/therapist relationship. But maybe HIPAA and/or his defense squashes it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point her lawyer and his lawyer are ironing out a nice payment clause that will make both parties happy and life gets to go on for both of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has there been any official word from anywhere that the hotel maid rumor was true at all?
    I don't know if TMZ just doesn't care about this situation, but they didn't even confirm that it was multiple women. They cited Woj's article saying it was multiple cases of exposing himself to women, but could potentially mean multiple instances on the same women, including during one sessions with multiple Basic Instinct--esque movements. It's possible that Primo got cut from something else, be it sexual or otherwise -- and Primo apologized for that. The big question is if something happened of if the Spurs just REALLY panicked about these allegations. If they're level-headed at all, the story Primo told to TMZ wouldn't've gotten him cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10826474[/URL]]On her website, she still lists herself with the team. So, I'm guessing she didn't quit that long ago or I think the website would be changed.
    I heard she was a contractor which is not an employee. Spurs could have said we want her replaced because of what happened with Primo to her employer (which could have reasonably pissed her off). She must have signed a NDA which she is about to break tomorrow with a presser with legal counsel.

Thread Information