Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1hThe San Antonio Spurs are signing forward Alize Johnson on a one-deal, his agent @GeorgeLangberg tells ESPN. Johnson has averaged 22 points and 10 rebounds for Austin of the G League this season.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1hThe Spurs are waiving Jordan Hall to create the roster spot, sources said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this mean Poeltl and Sochan are out long term? Or Spurs decide to play bigger instead of undersize?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this mean Poeltl and Sochan are out long term? Or Spurs decide to play bigger instead of undersize?
    No? If Sochan were out for a while, they wouldn’t cut Hall, and sign a forward to replace Jeremy’s ball handling.

Poeltl could be out for a bit. His quad thing was non contact, which means a strain.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a small thing, but I think this is a front office misstep. The team is rebuilding. We need more developmental try-and-sees at the end of the roster, not a 26 year old journeyman. Without hyperbole, I would have preferred the Spurs have taken another try at Luka Samanic who is putting up okay numbers for Maine. Or, that the team have simply kept Hall and played him and Barlow more.

I get that Alize Johnson has shown more on an NBA floor than Hall (or an alternative, like Samanic), I just think there isn't much upside left to discover with him.

This move suggests Poeltl and Sochan will miss a few games, which is positive.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 11-29-2022 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't really get this move. Hall isn't special but he was one of the few players on the roster with actual guard skills. Alize is your typical hustle undersized big who can be had for a dime a dozen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't really get this move. Hall isn't special but he was one of the few players on the roster with actual guard skills. Alize is your typical hustle undersized big who can be had for a dime a dozen.
    It really feels like the Spurs like only 20 players total and haven't been scouting players from other teams. Besides Bassey, they haven't been poaching prospects like you'd expect of a team of their caliber. The lack of a functional GM getting rearing its head?

Not that I'm sad about Hall going. He wasn't awful, but they needed to move on. This just doesn't feel like moving on so much as moving around.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Spurs fans wanted Bassey so they signed Johnson instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really feels like the Spurs like only 20 players total and haven't been scouting players from other teams. Besides Bassey, they haven't been poaching prospects like you'd expect of a team of their caliber. The lack of a functional GM getting rearing its head?

Not that I'm sad about Hall going. He wasn't awful, but they needed to move on. This just doesn't feel like moving on so much as moving around.
    I had a similar feeling on draft night when the skipped on Josh Minott at 38. There must have been some intel on Minott that caused the Spurs and other teams to pass. But in the moment, passing on a 19 year old wing with skills but in need of development situation seemed odd for a team entering Year 1 of a rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Alize is JRich/McBuckets replacement once they traded them. As far as PG position, they’re happy developing Sochan as Point Forward and eventually have Wesley back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird... it's almost like they're making moves whose ultimate goals do not involve winning more games, or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hall was trash no biz in the nba

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said by every spurs fan on 90% of the moves they have made in the last 4 years tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe play Bassey. if I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Spurs fans wanted Bassey so they signed Johnson instead.
    Bassey hasn’t done a whole of a lot since those first 2-3 games. I’m a fan, but he’s not ready for prime time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We snagged both Bassey and Roby,even picking up Robys contract by claiming him off waivers. I wouldn’t have signed Hall, but considering their roster has been a full 15, with both 2ways also full, for all but a handful of days, I’m not sure how you expect them to poach players, especially since you didn’t name names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We snagged both Bassey and Roby,even picking up Robys contract by claiming him off waivers. I wouldn’t have signed Hall, but considering their roster has been a full 15, with both 2ways also full, for all but a handful of days, I’m not sure how you expect them to poach players, especially since you didn’t name names.
    It's not my job to "name names". I'm not a GM. But typically teams would continue to cycle players looking for guys who stick. Re-signing guys you've already cut at least once is weird. Even the contending Spurs did a better job at sifting through the dregs than this iteration is doing now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't need no guard skills on the roster when we tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Johnson and Hall are listed as the same size. Same height, and within 3 lbs in weight.

If anything, it’s a decision to play smaller. Hall is tall for a guard, but Johnson is short for a pf.

It basically just means they’ve given up on Hall, and replaced him with a player already on hand who might get some minutes. Nothing mysterious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    … But typically teams would continue to cycle players looking for guys who stick. Re-signing guys you've already cut at least once is weird. Even the contending Spurs did a better job at sifting through the dregs than this iteration is doing now.

Maybe the Primo scandal is still too fresh in the minds of the FO. It’s left them shy about looking farther afield (presuming they’re competent to look farther afield, I mean.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is great Brian Wright and PATFO spend all of their time on the 15th men. Very important.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is great Brian Wright and PATFO spend all of their time on the 15th men. Very important.
    That group has never got anything done….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just thinking they desperately needed less ball handling/play making and another big who can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank is looking great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just thinking they desperately needed less ball handling/play making and another UNDERSIZED big who can't shoot.
    Fixed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey hasn’t done a whole of a lot since those first 2-3 games. I’m a fan, but he’s not ready for prime time.
    Maybe not. But Bassey is a better choice for this team.

Thread Information