Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely think this blows up in the Mavs face. Kyrie doesn't know how not to blow up.
    I also doubt Kyrie wants to be in Dallas.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see Dallas making this trade. That team isn’t going anywhere. They’re about to have the worst defense in the league

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bummer the spurs couldn't capitalize on this, oh well.

As I've read this thread though... I think we are all shortchanging the Laker's ability to think critically. YES... they should have to give up future unprotected FRPs to get off Westbrook and get assets... but surely they also know that they're going to be in a world of hurt around 2027 and 2029, thus aren't going to just give those up so that they can be the 7 seed. It is Laker's best interest to just roll with Westbrook for the rest of the year.
    If I'm the Lakers I'm thinking the west is wide open, especially with Curry getting hurt again. And I have already mortgaged the future anyways to get James, Davis, and Westbrook. That Kyrie when he wants to be there might be good for a couple of shots at a le before it all falls apart again. They had to go all out to win now since when's the next chance they'd have a trio as talented as James, Irving, and Davis without having to gut the rest of their roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also doubt Kyrie wants to be in Dallas.
    If the Mavs can ink him to that $200 million extension right away it might work for a couple of years and maybe get another WCF appearance out of it. But damn if they don't already have Irving agreeing to that extension he's gone for LA this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers struggle between LeBron and their FO is one to watch.... I also think LA has an interest in Jak but, I'm not sure they'll part with what it'll take to get a Jak, McD, Jrich package.
    For that - with the money it would save LA, 1 unprotected first & 1 lightly protected (top 5) and a 2nd I would be happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Mavs can ink him to that $200 million extension right away it might work for a couple of years and maybe get another WCF appearance out of it. But damn if they don't already have Irving agreeing to that extension he's gone for LA this summer.
    Dallas is a great place for Kyrie to indulge in his love of conspiracy theory, at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp gets the scoop again.

The one prediction (or at least inside info) in our forum that was right -- Kyrie likely to be dealt well before the trading deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they weren't giving up their picks for Irving they're definitely not for Josh Richardson.
    There’s a difference in giving up 2 unprotected firsts and one…but perhaps now they give up protected firsts instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For that - with the money it would save LA, 1 unprotected first & 1 lightly protected (top 5) and a 2nd I would be happy.
    They could have had Irving for that. They're not doing that move for Poeltl and Richardson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bummer the spurs couldn't capitalize on this, oh well.

As I've read this thread though... I think we are all shortchanging the Laker's ability to think critically. YES... they should have to give up future unprotected FRPs to get off Westbrook and get assets... but surely they also know that they're going to be in a world of hurt around 2027 and 2029, thus aren't going to just give those up so that they can be the 7 seed. It is Laker's best interest to just roll with Westbrook for the rest of the year.
    Agree. But this then kills any credibility LA has moving forward with stars. Lakers were known for winning and landing stars. Then you become a show for 6 years in the lottery until LeBron saves you and you let him rot. RIP any remaining Laker narrative and advantage after burning LeBron like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t. Reported no work on a deal and it will be evaluated after the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Irving apparently gets a 2mm trade bonus.

This saves BK about 28mm in tax savings while it costs Dallas about the same in higher taxes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gone

WTF was Dallas thinking here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have had Irving for that. They're not doing that move for Poeltl and Richardson.
    Maybe - or maybe Dinwiddie + Finney are valued high enough that getting that lightly protect extra first wasn’t worth it. I tend to agree with you but I still see a path to Lakers/Spurs doing a deal for a first.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better make some trade. If they do nothing then they failed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2027 unprotected + 2029 top 5 protected + 2nd... converting to top 3 protected in 2030.... I'd do that.... I'd also be willing to do 2027 unprotected + 2028 swap + 2029 top 10 protected..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe - or maybe Dinwiddie + Finney are valued high enough that getting that lightly protect extra first wasn’t worth it. I tend to agree with you but I still see a path to Lakers/Spurs doing a deal for a first.
    I don't. Poeltl and Josh Richardson aren't moving them up into le contention like a happy Irving could have. Poeltl for a highly protected first from LA is a no-go, would rather just try to re-sign Jakob in the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn that DFS contract is kinda hefty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2027 unprotected + 2029 top 5 protected + 2nd... converting to top 3 protected in 2030.... I'd do that.... I'd also be willing to do 2027 unprotected + 2028 swap + 2029 top 10 protected..
    That's a pipe dream when they wouldn't make an offer like that for Irving.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they are completely replaceable maybe outside of Tre and even that is not a huge deal to me with all the picks and cap space SA has moving forward. What is harder to get: an unprotected first from a team with a history of sucking like LA or finding players of Doug/Josh/Tre/Collins caliber when you have max money and picks? Seems pretty straightforward.

Again to be clear: I am painting sort of “worst case scenario” where I would still be very happy. Of course I would prefer to get this deal done and keep Tre or get more than the one pick. But if you’re trying to argue the difference in celebrating landing an incredibly valuable pick and begin upset is the inclusion of Tre? Then ya, I really don’t understand that POV
    Exactly
    People still want and think the Spurs are going to land multiple firsts for their backup players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a pipe dream when they wouldn't make an offer like for Irving.
    I get where you're coming from... I am just considering that there could be other motivations at play here.... maybe LA didn't want to give up picks for a rental and knew they weren't extending kyrie for 200M... maybe they think kyrie isn't enough to get it done...maybe they are trying to show that LeBron doesn't run the show..... there's just to many things going on there for me to take the simple route and conclude that because they didn't do anything to bring in kyrie it means they won't do anything...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gone

WTF was Dallas thinking here?
    It does open up a lot of Cap Space for Dallas next summer if he leaves, so in many ways this trade also acted as a salary dump for Dallas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of flat earther and Morris in one fell swoop, good job Marks.

Thread Information