Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas has one unprotected pick available in 2027, and they could try to swing a deal with New York to get their 2025 pick back. Due to their situation, there isn't as much of a premium on the pick being unprotected. I wouldn't be surprised to see another big move with the rest of the picks. If New York is active with Toronto and Phoenix, I could see something like:

Ayton to Dallas
    Unprotected Dallas picks in 2023 and 2025, an unprotected Phoenix pick in 2023, Fournier, Wood and Powell to Toronto
    OG to Phoenix
    Trent to New York

Dallas gets their "third star" at the cost of an additional first
    Toronto gets their three unprotected picks
    Phoenix gets their coveted wing with only losing one first
    New York gets their guard with only giving up a protected pick (from their perspective)

It seems pretty neat and tidy, and in this scenario both the Suns and Raptors could be looking at Poeltl. It could be something the Spurs jump into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For that - with the money it would save LA, 1 unprotected first & 1 lightly protected (top 5) and a 2nd I would be happy.
    Lakers don't really have much of a leeway to protect their picks if they want to trade both - should they protect the 2027 pick it makes the 2029 non-tradable, unless it's a weird protection that immediately turns into 2nds. Also the 2029 pick can't be protected because it's the last pick they can trade, they can't put protections into the 2030 pick, so the only way to protect it would be if it turns into a 2029 2nd rounder.

This is why they probably only have the 2027 pick on the table, and with protections, which won't buy them too much as they've found out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least, it'll be entertaining to see what happens in Dallas... Kyrie is such a fascinating character: his handle is mesmerizing to watch, one of the greatest ever, he's intellectually curious about the world around him, and his declaration that the world is flat is only the 3rd or 4th strangest thing he has said in the last five years... Dallas loses two relatively replaceable guys and has a slot open for a big free agent is Kyrie doesn't return. The whole thing is crazy, and the idea of Cuban, Doncic, and Kyrie sitting down and having beers together is kinda an immediate Reality TV blockbuster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does open up a lot of Cap Space for Dallas next summer if he leaves, so in many ways this trade also acted as a salary dump for Dallas.
    ya - Dinwiddie and Finney are solid, but not so sure that Dallas can’t find others with that money that make it net/net not a big deal other than that first they gave up

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does open up a lot of Cap Space for Dallas next summer if he leaves, so in many ways this trade also acted as a salary dump for Dallas.
    It only gets them maybe $23 million or so to play with this summer if Irving walks. They would have had to salary dump Bertans or Hardaway too to open up max level capspace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas has one unprotected pick available in 2027, and they could try to swing a deal with New York to get their 2025 pick back. Due to their situation, there isn't as much of a premium on the pick being unprotected. I wouldn't be surprised to see another big move with the rest of the picks. If New York is active with Toronto and Phoenix, I could see something like:

Ayton to Dallas
    Unprotected Dallas picks in 2023 and 2025, an unprotected Phoenix pick in 2023, Fournier, Wood and Powell to Toronto
    OG to Phoenix
    Trent to New York

Dallas gets their "third star" at the cost of an additional first
    Toronto gets their three unprotected picks
    Phoenix gets their coveted wing with only losing one first
    New York gets their guard with only giving up a protected pick (from their perspective)

It seems pretty neat and tidy, and in this scenario both the Suns and Raptors could be looking at Poeltl. It could be something the Spurs jump into.
    That’s good and makes a lot of sense of those teams IMO….just depends on how all in some are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers don't really have much of a leeway to protect their picks if they want to trade both - should they protect the 2027 pick it makes the 2029 non-tradable, unless it's a weird protection that immediately turns into 2nds. Also the 2029 pick can't be protected because it's the last pick they can trade, they can't put protections into the 2030 pick, so the only way to protect it would be if it turns into a 2029 2nd rounder.

This is why they probably only have the 2027 pick on the table, and with protections, which won't buy them too much as they've found out.
    Hopefully it buys them Spurs players for Westbrook lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only gets them maybe $23 million or so to play with this summer if Irving walks. They would have had to salary dump Bertans or Hardaway too to open up max level capspace.
    Dinwiddie and Finney aren’t max players and Finney deal was questionable value. So they need 23M to find one player that is better than those 2 which is totally doable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly and that also means renouncing Christian Woods. If they want to keep Woods they will only have exception money even if they lose Kyrie.

Very risky trade for Dallas but he probably will need them to facilitate a S&T if he does want to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie and Finney aren’t max players and Finney deal was questionable value. So they need 23M to find one player that is better than those 2 which is totally doable.
    $23 million would probably get them Poeltl and a ninth or tenth man in their rotation next summer, and they'll have given up a pick that is almost sure to be top 5 when Doncic walks in the summer of 26.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 23m includes the assumption they renounce Wood. So 23mm to replace Wood, DFS, Dinwiddie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The acquisition of Finney-Smith makes Joe Harris's role less relevant, so if they're still in the mood to save money (unlikely, they'll probably look to get one more rotation guy) there are lots of deals to be made with the Spurs, such as something like Harris, Mills, Sharpe + a pick to Spurs, Collins + Keita or Roby to Nets. This would save them a ton of money without losing anyone important from their eventual playoff rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly and that also means renouncing Christian Woods. If they want to keep Woods they will only have exception money even if they lose Kyrie.

Very risky trade for Dallas but he probably will need them to facilitate a S&T if he does want to leave.
    Lakers will have nearly $40 million in capspace in the summer so they won't give up anything useful in sign and trade. Don't know WTF Dallas was thinking here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is a great place for Kyrie to indulge in his love of conspiracy theory, at least.
    Yeah, maybe now he can spend his energy trying to figure out who plotted the assassination of Kennedy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it for Dallas, even though I think Kyrie will head to Los Angeles this summer. Those other two players werent part of the solution going forward and they were eating space. If I’m them I’m also trying to move hardaway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $23 million would probably get them Poeltl and a ninth or tenth man in their rotation next summer, and they'll have given up a pick that is almost sure to be top 5 when Doncic walks in the summer of 26.
    They don’t need 2 guys, just one quality guy IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it for Dallas, even though I think Kyrie will head to Los Angeles this summer. Those other two players werent part of the solution going forward and they were eating space.
    They gave up a pick that has a high chance of being top 5 in 2029.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad gamble by Dallas. They give up a late first round pick. They get a player that can flat out score (if he plays). And the players they gave up are good, but not stars and not going to help Dallas get past the second round. Luka and Kyrie should at least be interesting. Yes, they suck defensively, but no one on that team could score but Luka. Now they have a go-to scorer and I'm guessing Kyrie has more respect for Kidd than Nash, as silly as that sounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers will have nearly $40 million in capspace in the summer so they won't give up anything useful in sign and trade. Don't know WTF Dallas was thinking here.
    I don’t know that LA will especially with Rui trade..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t need 2 guys, just one quality guy IMO.
    Who are they getting for $23 million? This move is absolute lunacy to give up that pick. Do you really think they're keeping Doncic with this kind of move if Irving walks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know that LA will especially with Rui trade..
    They can renounce him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Kyrie still leaves this summer, that 2029 pick could be huge for BKN tbh.
    Even if he signs a 3-4 year deal he’d be gone by 29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad gamble by Dallas. They give up a late first round pick. They get a player that can flat out score (if he plays). And the players they gave up are good, but not stars and not going to help Dallas get past the second round. Luka and Kyrie should at least be interesting. Yes, they suck defensively, but no one on that team could score but Luka. Now they have a go-to scorer and I'm guessing Kyrie has more respect for Kidd than Nash, as silly as that sounds.
    They gave up an unprotected 2029 pick. It's a golden ticket, by then Luka might be elsewhere or north of 350lbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad gamble by Dallas. They give up a late first round pick.
    They gave up an unprotected pick that's going to be extremely valuable if they can't keep Doncic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK well the 1st round pick is a little risky, but Dallas has kept their stars once they get them. Euros don't tend to ask for trades or dump the team that shows loyalty like the American players do, but Luka isn't your typical Euro player. So it will be interesting to see, but Cuban finds way to pay guys without "paying" guys. That said, Dallas has been awful at signing free agents. I don't know why because the Cowboys do just fine. But the best NBA free agency guys don't go to Dallas. The only way to surround Luka with talent is going to be through trades and Dallas rolled the dice on this one.

But if Kyrie can't get motivated to play with Durant...

Thread Information