Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the hypocrite who was salty about damn near everything (Rivers, Paul, Durant, Warriors, etc.) until his team became one of the cool kids.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi had

Siakm
    Lowery
    Ibaka
    Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is getting overrated like crazy. He’s not the best player in the nba. He is the best GM in the nba though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is getting overrated like crazy. He’s not the best player in the nba. He is the best GM in the nba though.
    If the Clippers win it all he's going to be up there with Jerry West when it comes to being a GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardens the second best player in this league is proof enough for today’s nba.
    He isn't the second best with everyone healthy, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have said he’s not the clear cut best player in the nba.

Lebron, harden and giannis are all great players. Using today’s nba standards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have said he’s not the clear cut best player in the nba.

Lebron, harden and giannis are all great players. Using today’s nba standards.
    Nah, to me Kawhi is pretty clearly the best player. He just doesn't stand out so much because he coasts like a mother er during the regular season. If he was a stat padding like Giannis and Harden, and were on a 4th straight regular season MVP run, nobody would be questioning who the best player is. When it's all said and done Kawhi will probably end as a top 10/15 player of all-time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, to me Kawhi is pretty clearly the best player. He just doesn't stand out so much because he coasts like a mother er during the regular season. If he was a stat padding like Giannis and Harden, and were on a 4th straight regular season MVP run, nobody would be questioning who the best player is. When it's all said and done Kawhi will probably end as a top 10/15 player of all-time.
    His body won’t hold up. His defence is already slipping as he’s focusing more on offence. His body can’t take the toll so he’s saving up the energy for the playoffs. And only for teams he felt like playing for.

Lebron is carrying a team that wouldn’t make the playoffs and making them a contender. Kawhi is taking a team that would be a second rounder or even a wc finalist into a contender ( though favourites). Put Lebron on the clippers and they’d be just as lethal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body won’t hold up. His defence is already slipping as he’s focusing more on offence. His body can’t take the toll so he’s saving up the energy for the playoffs. And only for teams he felt like playing for.

Lebron is carrying a team that wouldn’t make the playoffs and making them a contender. Kawhi is taking a team that would be a second rounder or even a wc finalist into a contender ( though favourites). Put Lebron on the clippers and they’d be just as lethal.
    When the chips go down, and it's do or go home time, Kawhi just has more capacity to take over games than Lebron right now, both on defense and offense. When Kawhi puts his head down and goes to work, there's no stopping him. He's the number one tough bucket getter in the NBA right now. The same with defense. His consistency might not be there anymore, but when you really need to get a stop, Kawhi is the guy you want guarding. And no, he will not switch on game 7 of the WC or NBA finals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi
    2. Lebron

These are the only two players I trust in the playoffs and I know will have deep playoff runs each year. KD was on the tier too, but I don't know if he will come back the same. Big gap after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great basketball player if you want to win games. He's not a great basketball player otherwise. He is efficient as and doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He has no real weaknesses at either end of the floor and his man to man defense is 2nd to none. His detractor is that he cannot play every game, so he's a bit of a pussy in that regard but he's running his career like he's a corporation with a long term goal instead of being a hot item that needs to make hay while the sun is shining at the cost of his future. I'd still take Kawhi over anyone in the league not named Lebron, Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant. You'd still need more production on offense though. If the Clippers could score Klay Thompson they would be better off than they are with Layoff Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great basketball player if you want to win games. He's not a great basketball player otherwise.
    What does that even mean? Everyone wants to win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that even mean? Everyone wants to win games.
    Wanting to win and playing to win are two different things. Do you think the Thunder were in game winning mode when Russ was doing trip dubs all season, and they were intentionally walking away from rebounds to get him there? Or how about Kobe's forays into stupid stat land or when he was ignoring all other options to try to hero again? Kawhi would not be a good "get crazy stats at all costs" guy because he thrives on efficiency, not on raw numbers. I cannot imagine him blowing coverage to cheat back for easy points, or ing at a teammate for getting a rebound, or wrestling it away from a center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi had

Siakm
    Lowery
    Ibaka
    Gasol
    nah he’s not overrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great basketball player if you want to win games. He's not a great basketball player otherwise. He is efficient as and doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He has no real weaknesses at either end of the floor and his man to man defense is 2nd to none. His detractor is that he cannot play every game, so he's a bit of a pussy in that regard but he's running his career like he's a corporation with a long term goal instead of being a hot item that needs to make hay while the sun is shining at the cost of his future. I'd still take Kawhi over anyone in the league not named Lebron, Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant. You'd still need more production on offense though. If the Clippers could score Klay Thompson they would be better off than they are with Layoff Paul.
    Dominos will never be what he was before he tore his achilles and Lebron is old now. Davis is an example of what you said in your later post, someone who wants to win but doesn't play to win imo. I hate Nephew but I just don't see a better player in the league right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What "otherwise" is there besides winning games?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Staring down Jeff Green on the bench after making a basket in glorified garbage time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Before the Clipps colluded with Uncle Dennis, CN would've sed
    LeBron

Kawhi
    Luka
    Curry
    Giannis
    -25 points son

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anywho

Bron
    Kiwi
    AD
    Luka
    Bin Harden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanting to win and playing to win are two different things. Do you think the Thunder were in game winning mode when Russ was doing trip dubs all season, and they were intentionally walking away from rebounds to get him there? Or how about Kobe's forays into stupid stat land or when he was ignoring all other options to try to hero again? Kawhi would not be a good "get crazy stats at all costs" guy because he thrives on efficiency, not on raw numbers. I cannot imagine him blowing coverage to cheat back for easy points, or ing at a teammate for getting a rebound, or wrestling it away from a center.
    Winning RS accolades. Don't act like that's not a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh it's Kawhi and LeBron's world, and we'll see who the true best player in the league is in the WCF.

Harden is a top 1-2 regular season player, but his complete lack of a mid-range game and refusal to play off ball limits his effectiveness at times in the playoffs.

Kawhi has no flaws in his game anymore now that he's improved his passing, and LeBron is still the greatest combo of skill, IQ, and athleticism in the league. Nobody controls a game better than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, but you lost me at "he's not a great basketball player otherwise." Yes he is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dominos will never be what he was before he tore his achilles and Lebron is old now. Davis is an example of what you said in your later post, someone who wants to win but doesn't play to win imo. I hate Nephew but I just don't see a better player in the league right now.
    If Kiwi wasn't such a mute, I don't even see an argument existing against him, tbh. Lebron is the better leader so people still gravitate towards him as their top player.

The things you do to try and neutralize Lebron are ineffective against Kiwi and his great midrange game. And as others mentioned, if you need a critical stop late, you want Kiwi checking them over anybody else. So he's the best two way player in the NBA.

Thread Information