Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really like this sign, i was for a better back up big since a long time and gorgui is nearly the perfect fit.

Really good sign by the FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My faith in the FO is being slowly restored. This is making more sense. I think we got better in some key ways providing that chemistry/learning curve are not huge issues.

Makes me curious about some things:

- Was this the "plan" all along?
    - Did Dieng see the writing on the wall early enough to make an extra effort to show the Spurs what he could do in their most recent games?
    - Does Cam Reynolds have a shot at sticking?
    - Will this prove to bolster morale a bit? The trade deadline seemed to bring out some horrible play, body language, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor Eubanks lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gives a new dimension to the offense, something Rudy and Aldridge both failed miserably to do.

While he's foul prone, we're not expecting him to play over 20 minutes. He's the perfect big in a sense that we now won't look like garbage when Poeltl subs out. This is all assuming he gets the system right away and doesn't need much time to get acclimated. It will probably take ~5 games to plug him in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, you lose money in a buyout.
    You're on the hook for the full amount after he clears waivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid pickup

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    was he not getting PT in memphis? they’re still in the playoff hunt...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s only played ~20 games for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminiscent of an Andre Miller, TMAC, Glenn Robinson Kevin Martin level signing. At least we were a formidable playoff team during those additions. Spurstalk getting wet over this is understandably a sign of the times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They are playing small, Clarke can play some 5 and they like Tillman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminiscent of an Andre Miller, TMAC, Glenn Robinson Kevin Martin level signing. At least we were a formidable playoff team during those additions. Spurstalk getting wet over this is understandably a sign of the times.

Dieng was never as good as those players in their primes but he isn’t as washed as those guys were when they signed with the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    released chriss for 31yo dieng great job poop!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    released chriss for 31yo dieng great job poop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I still rather tank and position ourselves better for the draft but they're determined to make the playoffs so I hope this strategy works out for them.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

except it’s not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng was never as good as those players in their primes but he isn’t as washed as those guys were when they signed with the Spurs
    My argument is it’s an absolute rounding error just like those late season additions were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out the spurs are still pretty calculating and savvy.

This one piece gets the team so much further down the road. And I'm impressed by the front office and their ability to resist low level lateral moves.

Wondering if this was the plan all along and sitting pat on the deadline wasn't as bad as it looked.

I still argue that the league has a problem with respecting contractual obligations.

, do we really even know that Dieng is coming? What if we get Morris'd again.

And that's 3 contracts busted in a row for spurs and their fans. (Leonard, Morris, LMA)

I'll believe it when I see Dieng checking in, lol.

But this kinda levels things out for me. I felt disrespected by the breaches of contract and the league allowing it. But I bet we got "reparations" or whatever under the table. I'm not against suspecting that Keldon, Luka, and Vass were essentially "given" to the team like a free selection of your choice to make up for the rug getting pulled out from under them. So Silver taketh away but also giveth or whatever lol.

I still feel like we had a top 4 in the league talent wise hole at SF that had long term builds around it and when Leonard bailed it left a multi season recovery that is just now healed up. Future is pretty bright now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This one piece gets the team so much further down the road. And I'm impressed by the front office and their ability to resist low level lateral moves.

Wondering if this was the plan all along and sitting pat on the deadline wasn't as bad as it looked.

I still argue that the league has a problem with respecting contractual obligations.

And that's 3 contracts busted in a row for spurs and their fans. (Leonard, Morris, LMA)

But this kinda levels things out for me. I felt disrespected by the breaches of contract and the league allowing it. But I bet we got "reparations" or whatever under the table. I'm not against suspecting that Keldon, Luka, and Vass were essentially "given" to the team like a free selection of your choice to make up for the rug getting pulled out from under them. So Silver taketh away but also giveth or whatever lol.

I still feel like we had a top 4 in the league talent wise hole at SF that had long term builds around it and when Leonard bailed it left a multi season recovery that is just now healed up. Future is pretty bright now.
    WTF?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, wait, WAIT a minute..... You're telling me the Spurs actually spent money they didn't have to spend, and waived Marquesse "free insurance money for the bankrupt FO" Chriss, AND got the most coveted FA big man off the buyout market, beating contenders like Miami and Boston to the punch for the signing?!?

SpursTalk cliffjumping stays delicious as always, bois. Time to bump a few of those takes on the trade deadline thread

In all seriousness, good-to-great signing by the FO. We'll have to wait and see how he plays before passing judgement, but on paper, he's absolutely everything we lacked (I can picture RC_Drunkford dancing on the ceiling at this very moment over finally achieving the shooting bigman dream ) and is a perfect change of game to compliment Poeltl. But honestly, the most improvement will be in Pop not being forced to go hyper small with Rudy Gay at the 5, or worse, Lyles or Luka at the 5 .

On the other hand, Pop not being able to easily put Rudy at the 5 might mean that he'll stay more on the court as PF, further limiting Luka's minutes.... We might be regretting this signing before long lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so Dieng was all we needed to brighten the future? This isn’t “reparations” or karma for any of those three major franchise derailments. This isn’t adding Diaw or Nazr to a championship contender to potentially put them over the hump. It’s adding a decent backup to a terribly constructed roster of only supporting cast players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be too much of a homer take to say he’s actually an upgrade over Lamarcus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I still rather tank and position ourselves better for the draft but they're determined to make the playoffs so I hope this strategy works out for them.
    I'm in the same boat, but with such a clear playoff push from the FO, you just gotta enjoy the ride and hope for the best, or stop watching altogether, like most ST trolls do. There'll be plenty time to tank after Pop's gone, and I'm not particularly looking forward to it, since I'll likely still be watching those games. Hope springs eternal... Dieng is that final piece that unlocks the le run, heard it here first

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so 2 days ago pop was saying only good things about chriss and today spurs waived him just to sign an old slow ass from minnesota...pathetic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be too much of a homer take to say he’s actually an upgrade over Lamarcus?
    Nope...he's a better player for this team at this time than LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is def on to something but it wasn’t Silver, more likely the spirit of David Stern for fking us all those years. I also think because we traded Rodman for Will Perdue to help solidify Jordan’s legacy Stern fixed the ball drop so we could draft Tim Duncan.

Thread Information