San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's defense inside is non existent tonight
    B

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has been the worst player on the court today. He’s god awful out there. Piss poor defensively and can’t run an offense to save his life. 0-3 with him playing isn’t surprising. He’s been that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp gonna be giving Pop another B in his game grades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be one thing if this were a single game, but this is the second game against these scrubs in three days. Both games they've looked far inferior, and Memphis is missing most of their SL.
    mental note: the scrubs play for San Antonio

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason we don't have a single comfortable win this season.
    Every single game it's a shooting practice and layup drill for the opponents. It just comes down to if they can hit the open 3s.
    As soon as the shots start falling it's a borderline blowout.

And it's not like it only happens against teams with more talent. Something has to change, I'm beyond disgusted right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team defense just looks awful right now. If they aren't giving up wide open layups, they are giving up wide open threes.

Not a recipe for success, to say the least.
    you ain’t never lied.

the funniest thing is reading some of the post on here from people blaming schemes when it’s personnel issues. We have guys that have poor defensive IQ, over aggressive, or too damn washed to guard anybody. Lmao.

when Murray or Mills is too aggressive against Morant he roast them and breaks down the defense which has the team scrambling, which isn’t good if Aldridge or Gay is checking anybody that can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like that contract was handed last season. Aldridge was worth his contract all the way until this season, maybe last season. Aldridge has fallen off the cliff in a major way
    Not going to get much for him playing like this. His D is non-existent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is obviously trash defensively and is a huge part of the garbage defense. But the perimeter guys all look like they're trying to remember what they're supposed to do when they hit a screen or some kind of backcut...like there's no talking and there's no instincts on that front. Just zero resistance on that end of the floor, really embarrassing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're tuning Greg out at this point. It's unheard of not to respond after a blowout loss, much less to the same team who did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone has been complete in this game lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Grizz just one of those teams you just don't match up well against?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same problems over and over, our interior d is trash and that affects our perimeter as well. We can't progress like this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People talking about memphis having a bunch of scrubs but every player on their team is significantly better than Aldridge, Gay, and Poeltl tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to get much for him playing like this. His D is non-existent.
    I wasn't ever expecting trading him in the first place. Our biggest trade pieces from our vets are DeMar and Mills, maybe Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of the perimeters players on offense make things so GD complicated, either shoot, drive, or pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the did we beat these guys on opening night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason we don't have a single comfortable win this season.
    Every single game it's a shooting practice and layup drill for the opponents. It just comes down to if they can hit the open 3s.
    As soon as the shots start falling it's a borderline blowout.

And it's not like it only happens against teams with more talent. Something has to change, I'm beyond disgusted right now.
    It's both parts roster and coaching, imo. Both things should change, ideally....

On a separate note, it's ridiculous how much worse the Spurs D gets when Poeltl leaves the floor and is replaced by LMA. We were fighting a close game until then, now looking at a possible blowout before the 3rd begins. Why the did Klay have to tear his ACL on ing draft day, I swear...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've even seen Murray frustrated with Aldridge's defense. I hope he speaks up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge being the scapegoat after that putrid performance by White. Not surprising. Folks don’t wanna eat the they cooked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has been the worst player on the court today. He’s god awful out there. Piss poor defensively and can’t run an offense to save his life. 0-3 with him playing isn’t surprising. He’s been that bad.
    Some have accused me of being a White hater but I just take issue at how overhyped he's been on this board. I already see that some have annointed him as our best player despite not having a large enough sample size to back that up. He's a decent player and still has room to grow but if he's ever the best player on a team, then something is wrong with that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the did we beat these guys on opening night?
    Number 4 wasn’t playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish for once, the spurs would put their foot down and do something to shake up the roster lol it doesn't even have to be major

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's both parts roster and coaching, imo. Both things should change, ideally....

On a separate note, it's ridiculous how much worse the Spurs D gets when Poeltl leaves the floor and is replaced by LMA. We were fighting a close game until then, now looking at a possible blowout before the 3rd begins. Why the did Klay have to tear his ACL on ing draft day, I swear...
    LMA to GSW was always fools gold, that was never going to happen and Kerr would have got run out of town if he had let it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 4 wasn’t playing.
    Pshh give Dwhite some time, he just came back from injury lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge being the scapegoat after that putrid performance by White. Not surprising. Folks don’t wanna eat the they cooked
    I don't know. Maybe because Aldridge has been doing this all season long and this is White's second game back? White will get criticism when it's time, people don't ignore any player.

Thread Information