Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I actually got the order placed, now I'm sure they'll cancel in a week
    I think that's what they're doing. putting a premium on orders when they know they dont actually have them in stock but hope to get them in a couple of weeks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing this is automated and stocking won't happen for days or probably even weeks. They do this to string people along for traffic.
    You flat out can't order from the page. It takes too long. Your only chance is to already have the add to cart link and spam the out of it with F5 until it actually gets added to your cart. Then hope you can check out fast enough to actually place the order. If you refresh the product page you'll never see the add to cart link show up on Walmart.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Anyways, try that direct link I posted. I have gotten the er in my shopping cart 3 times but never managed to actually complete the order yet. Looks like another chance at 3:40 EST
    i was able to get to the checkout and pay screen before i got ed, so almost got it.

but nice that you managed to snag one, hope you actually get it

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    you got a link for the non-disc version so i can bookmark it for next time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you got a link for the non-disc version so i can bookmark it for next time?
    This should be the direct link for the Digital Edition on Walmart, though I wouldn't expect another restock for a couple of weeks.

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=493824815

Best Buy has supposedly built up stock for a release this week too. Here is a tracker you can set alarms with:

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogami...soles/sonyps5/

Best Buy you might have a reasonable shot with since their add to cart button makes everyone wait some random time (everyone the same though) and then you click the button to place the order. So it can't be spammed as easily by bots as Target and Walmart are. Much better chance you're at least competing with other humans when trying to order off Best Buy.

Also here is one more tracker. Sometimes a drop will show up on the first tracker I link, sometimes only on this one, but most of the time on both trackers.

https://www.zoolert.com/videogames/c.../playstation5/
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-04-2021 at 04:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Target already blew out their supply a couple of days ago so they likely won't be opening up orders for a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to be signed on for this link to work then? It redirects me to their main page.

Also Joseph Kony a question if I may..

Why are you opting for the digital version? You won’t be able to take advantage of the backwards compatibility right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to be signed on for this link to work then? It redirects me to their main page.

Why are you opting for the digital version? You won’t be able to take advantage of the backwards compatibility right?
    Yeah you gotta be signed in to an account on Walmart.com. Digital still has PS4 BC, but only with digital copies of PS4 games obviously.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This should be the direct link for the Digital Edition on Walmart, though I wouldn't expect another restock for a couple of weeks.

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=493824815

Best Buy has supposedly built up stock for a release this week too. Here is a tracker you can set alarms with:

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogami...soles/sonyps5/

Best Buy you might have a reasonable shot with since their add to cart button makes everyone wait some random time (everyone the same though) and then you click the button to place the order. So it can't be spammed as easily by bots as Target and Walmart are. Much better chance you're at least competing with other humans when trying to order off Best Buy.

Also here is one more tracker. Sometimes a drop will show up on the first tracker I link, sometimes only on this one, but most of the time on both trackers.

https://www.zoolert.com/videogames/c.../playstation5/
    thanks

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

No idea about the compatibility, but i dont really buy physical anymore discs anyway. I have 3 PS4s, so i have no need for backwards compatibility, i really just want it to play the few PS exclusives that i cant play on PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea about the compatibility, but i dont really buy physical anymore discs anyway. I have 3 PS4s, so i have no need for backwards compatibility, i really just want it to play the few PS exclusives that i cant play on PC
    Ideally I would have liked the Digital, it's way better looking IMO. God the disc version is ugly as . But I'm cheap when buying games and know the disc version will be cheaper for me in the long run since there is lots of compe ion for physical disc sales.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-04-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally I would have liked the Digital, it's way better looking IMO. God the disc version is ugly as . But I'm cheap when buying games and know the disc version will be cheaper for me in the long run since there is lots of compe ion for physical disc sales.
    They're both a heat seeking machines so it's not like there is an upside other than the pricing, imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I actually got the order placed, now I'm sure they'll cancel in a week
    What’s the latest on this? Did you get email confirmation and date yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the latest on this? Did you get email confirmation and date yet?
    Yeah, says it'll come by the end of the month. 's probably still on a ship coming from China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know there is always a scramble right after launch, but has there been this kind of shortage for this much time during a major console release before? im usually not among those scrambling to order (or back in the day, camping out) for , so i dno how long these frenzies last

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know there is always a scramble right after launch, but has there been this kind of shortage for this much time during a major console release before? im usually not among those scrambling to order (or back in the day, camping out) for , so i dno how long these frenzies last
    Wii was was like this for at least the first year and a half. Actually, Switch was like this too for maybe 4 months or so, although opening weekend they weren't hard to find back when everyone thought it would be another Wii U like flop. For the converse, PS3 was a to get the first week and the 60GB model was selling for $1200+ but then two weeks later once everyone realized PS3 sucked you could get it easy.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-05-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm the same way. I dont mind waiting until the mad rush ends and get it at my own pace.

But this time the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to go get one. I'm at the point where most of my friends already have one so I'm the only one left holding the bag this time so that's pissing me off a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm the same way. I dont mind waiting until the mad rush ends and get it at my own pace.

But this time the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to go get one. I'm at the point where most of my friends already have one so I'm the only one left holding the bag this time so that's pissing me off a little.
    Amazon you'll never get one without renting a bot, supposedly they don't GAF whether bots buy or not. Walmart use the direct add to cart links I posted and be fast in checkout. Best Buy as soon as they become available everyone who clicks gets put on a timer and when that timer is up you gotta immediately click the add to cart and then blast through the checkout or someone else will get the one or two they released for pickup at your store. Target felt same as Amazon to me. Easiest way to get one without paying scalper prices is to buy a bundle from Gamestop. Last time they had bundles up they lasted 10 maybe even 15 minutes. Though that's obviously only the disc console. They had one bundle that was PS5 + Miles Morales + Demon's Souls + 1 Year PS Plus + $50 Gamestop gift card for $730 and another for $720 that was the same bundle except Demon's Souls replaced by Sackboy. Obviously make sure you have an account setup with a credit card setup and be logged in too, email address verified, etc for every place you try if you're going to attempt to get one.

I think I posted a couple of trackers above you can use to tell you when a store gets them in stock.

AMD says to expect shortages until 2H 2021 on all their hardware, including PS5 and XBox Series S/X.

I lost two in checkout at Walmart and one in checkout at Best Buy before I finally got that one to go through at Walmart. Never did make it to checkout at Target or Amazon and never tried Gamestop since I didn't want the bundles.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-05-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I created an account there with my dummy email to play around a bit with this. How exactly does this page work? Just refresh this link until it says is in stock?

Right now I dont even see any countdown like you were talking about yesterday. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I created an account there with my dummy email to play around a bit with this. How exactly does this page work? Just refresh this link until it says is in stock?

Right now I dont even see any countdown like you were talking about yesterday. lol
    Walmart seems to restock every two weeks or so, so you probably won't get an opportunity until then. They also announce their drops beforehand. I didn't know about the first drop at 3:00PM EST yesterday but one of the trackers I set an alarm for alterted me it was in stock at 3PM EST yesterday. By the time I got there it was too late for the 3:00 drop but they do more drops every ten minutes. Eg they did a 3:10 drop, a 3:20 drop, a 3:30 drop, and a 3:40 drop.

If you went to the product page before 3:00PM EST it would have a message saying will be available at 3:00PM EST. So at 2:59PM EST start loading and reloading that direct add to cart link until you get it in your cart or say it reaches 3:02PM and you haven't gotten one in cart. If you get it in cart complete the transaction ASAP. Usually you'll be too slow and will have been sold (happened when I got it in the cart at 3:10, 3:20, and 3:30). But maybe you get lucky.

If you miss the 3:00EST drop the product page then says it'll be available again at 3:10EST, so you do the same again. Eg start refreshing the direct add to cart page I linked at 3:09 until you get it in cart and then try to get checked out ASAP. And just keep doing this until you either get one or the product page says out of stock and there are no more times it'll be available again.

Here is the product page for PS5 disc version if I haven't linked it before:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStati...sole/363472942

Good luck if you try, it's a real trying to land one of these. If you want Miles Morales and Demon's Souls though I'd jump on that Gamestop bundle, those will be way easier to get when they become available since all the extras they add in will eat up most of any PS5 scalper's profit (these systems don't sell for $1000+ anymore like they did before Christmas). Even if you don't normally buy PS Plus (I'm pretty sure it's part of the Gamestop bundle) it's a pretty badass deal right now with all the included PS4 games plus Control PS5 edition.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-05-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good luck if you try, it's a real trying to land one of these. If you want Miles Morales and Demon's Souls though I'd jump on that Gamestop bundle, those will be way easier to get when they become available since all the extras they add in will eat up most of any PS5 scalper's profit (these systems don't sell for $1000+ anymore like they did before Christmas). Even if you don't normally buy PS Plus (I'm pretty sure it's part of the Gamestop bundle) it's a pretty badass deal right now with all the included PS4 games plus Control PS5 edition.
    Thanks but I'll stick with Walmart for now. I'll do anything to avoid Gamestop. lol

I'm fine with just the base system. I am not looking to buy any PS5 games until God of War 5. I'll hapily play my backlog of PS4 games on the PS5 in the meantime.

I haven't heard from my friend who has the Best Buy connects so I figure there is a legit shortage that goes beyond the bot scalper gots so I'm going to sit tight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks but I'll stick with Walmart for now. I'll do anything to avoid Gamestop. lol

I'm fine with just the base system. I am not looking to buy any PS5 games until God of War 5. I'll hapily play my backlog of PS4 games on the PS5 in the meantime.

I haven't heard from my friend who has the Best Buy connects so I figure there is a legit shortage that goes beyond the bot scalper gots so I'm going to sit tight.
    There have been a lot of leaks from Best Buy employees about them building up stock for another drop soon. I would have figured there would have been one today from the rumors, maybe there was, I haven't been following any more after getting an order confirmed. If you want to try you should keep those two trackers open that I posted above and make sure the alarms are turned on. You have probably a minute or two from when the Best Buy alarms go off until you can actually begin the process to try to get one from Best Buy. I got close a couple of times to landing one from Best Buy but in the end couldn't check out quick enough the times I got one in my shopping cart there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also you could try Playstation Direct, but I didn't bother because I don't want Sony having any CC info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still good waiting. There isn't any PS5 exclusive that I'm dying to play yet anyway, so it would be just to play PS4 games on. I'll probably get it by holiday season this year if I'm able, from Target preferably just because of the redcard plus my daughter's employee discount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still good waiting. There isn't any PS5 exclusive that I'm dying to play yet anyway, so it would be just to play PS4 games on. I'll probably get it by holiday season this year if I'm able, from Target preferably just because of the redcard plus my daughter's employee discount.
    I normally don't like buying early on consoles, but sounds like there isn't a lot of room to make this thing much cheaper if cost per transistor is going to stay flat on 5nm and 3nm. So felt not a lot of reason to wait. Maybe in 2-3 years there will be a PS5 disc version with a 2TB SSD for $500 instead of the current 825 GB SSD with the way SSD prices are falling though.

Thread Information