Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty cool.. I thought we still had a shot at HCA but guess not

https://www.lucidchart.com/do ents...5bcd0a004d18/0
    That was really interesting. Thanks for posting.

So, in short. If Spurs beat NO they will play the Blazers (without homecourt, either as the 5th seed or 6th seed, but both combs result in a matchup with Portland). If Spurs lose they will play the Rockets. Makes it all kind of simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, in short. If Spurs beat NO they will play the Blazers (without homecourt, either as the 5th seed or 6th seed, but both combs result in a matchup with Portland). If Spurs lose they will play the Rockets. Makes it all kind of simple.
    Not quite. Still depends upon Den/Min and Utah/Portland outcomes. (Spurs/Pels show up at two spots on chart).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite. Still depends upon Den/Min and Utah/Portland outcomes.
    Not according to that chart. Take a look. All matchups result in Spurs vs Blazers or SPurs vs Rockets. The Utah/Portland result can only affect whether the Spurs are playing Portland as a 6 vs 3 matchup or a 5 vs 4 matchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not according to that chart. Take a look. All matchups result in Spurs vs Blazers or SPurs vs Rockets. The Utah/Portland result can only affect whether the Spurs are playing Portland as a 6 vs 3 matchup or a 5 vs 4 matchup.
    No, look closer. Spurs can lose and play Portland. (If Wolves and Jazz win).

But you're correct in that it's Houston or Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, look closer. Spurs can lose and play Portland.

But you're correct in that it's Houston or Portland.
    Yes, you're right on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No prob..

Matt from CBS Sports I think wrote this and it assumes OKC beats Memphis. He deleted the tweet so wondering if he messed something up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty cool.. I thought we still had a shot at HCA but guess not

https://www.lucidchart.com/do ents...5bcd0a004d18/0
    Cool chart.
    Well based on what chinook posted, if we end up at 5 vs blazers 4 but with identical records, our head to head would give us home court

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we will either get Blazers or Rockets.
    Wow, that's crazy given all the tied teams and scenarios. Just waiting for Chinook to verify that the chart is actually correct. In particular, the Thunder/Grizz game isn't even on the chart, implying that its outcome doesn't matter. That seems very strange since OC is right there in the tiebreak jumble.

Homecourt against the Blazers is probably the difference between a series win and a series loss. The team with HCA in that series wins it in 7 imo.

I think the Spurs lose to Houston in 5 if it comes to that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing the Warriors would be fine..it would be boring basketball, since they're unwatchable without Curry and the Spurs are obviously disgusting to watch nowadays

They're somewhat vulnerable, though..Draymond will start trying again in the playoffs, but their success without Curry depends on whether Iguodala and Livingston have been coasting, rather than being washed..

Spurs' won't beat them, but it wouldn't be shocking if they pushed it to 6..

Houston would be a massacre IMO..they won't coast, at all, their organization hates the Spurs, especially after last year's game 6 embarrassment..I would expect at least 3 blowout wins in their favor and posters will bump my anti-Paul posts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need the Wolves to win for a start, then the Jazz to win. That's the best case for them if they lose to NO. That's if that chart is correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Appears he did make an error lol

First comment it appears he had Minny with the tie breaker over us (?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing the Warriors would be fine..it would be boring basketball, since they're unwatchable without Curry and the Spurs are obviously disgusting to watch nowadays

They're somewhat vulnerable, though..Draymond will start trying again in the playoffs, but their success without Curry depends on whether Iguodala and Livingston have been coasting, rather than being washed..

Spurs' won't beat them, but it wouldn't be shocking if they pushed it to 6..

Houston would be a massacre IMO..they won't coast, at all, their organization hates the Spurs, especially after last year's game 6 embarrassment..I would expect at least 3 blowout wins in their favor and posters will bump my anti-Paul posts
    Wait until Danny and Tony bounce back from the respective shooting slumps and go blazing hot in an Indian summer playoff series, coupled with vintage Manu, hungry wolf Rudy, Kyle has played them well, Dijon maybe thinks he's playing against LeBron and rises up, LaMarcus seeks a mini redemption tour... etc . Time to be homer here. gSW here we go!!!!! Just need some hot shooting other than the usual.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-10-2018 at 01:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Appears he did make an error lol

First comment it appears he had Minny with the tie breaker over us (?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that's crazy given all the tied teams and scenarios. Just waiting for Chinook to verify that the chart is actually correct. In particular, the Thunder/Grizz game isn't even on the chart, implying that its outcome doesn't matter. That seems very strange since OC is right there in the tiebreak jumble.

Homecourt against the Blazers is probably the difference between a series win and a series loss. The team with HCA in that series wins it in 7 imo.

I think the Spurs lose to Houston in 5 if it comes to that.
    OKC doesn't actually affect the Spurs' potential HCA against Portland. If SA wins and Portland loses, than either SA would be the four-seed with HCA over the Blazers, or they'd be the five-seed also with HCA over the Blazers. The Thunder game is critical to seeding in all scenarios, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fwiw here's an updated version

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm....so there are no or only long shots at having HC even if things go our way....I thought if Jazz beat the Blazers and we win we would hav HC against Blazers...but this says otherwise....good read!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC doesn't actually affect the Spurs' potential HCA against Portland. If SA wins and Portland loses, than either SA would be the four-seed with HCA over the Blazers, or they'd be the five-seed also with HCA over the Blazers. The Thunder game is critical to seeding in all scenarios, though.
    It turns out he was assuming that the Thunder win and that the Jazz beat the Warriors tonight. He had still made some mistakes but that link supposedly clears them up.

Basically the Spurs get the Blazers in round 1 with a win over New Orleans tomorrow, though the Spurs only get HCA if the Jazz beat the Blazers tomorrow as well. Losing to NO puts the Spurs at either #7 or #8. The Spurs don't have any possibility of playing the Jazz, Thunder, or Pelicans in round 1 if the two above assumptions hold.

If the Jazz lose tonight then everything gets shaken up again.
    Last edited by Seventyniner; 04-10-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fwiw here's an updated version

Based upon this updated version, Spurs will get Blazers if they beat Pelicans. If they lose to Pelicans tomorrow, Spurs will get either Warriors or Rockets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based upon this updated version, Spurs will get Blazers if they beat Pelicans. If they lose to Pelicans tomorrow, Spurs will get either Warriors or Rockets.
    which means we should try our best to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta be kidding me guys.

No matter what happens the Spurs can't get the 4th seed?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    that's the impression i got after looking at the standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta be kidding me guys.

No matter what happens the Spurs can't get the 4th seed?
    Yes, they can. For some reason, that dumb at HP made Utah winning tonight against the Warriors (essentially guaranteeing them a top-four seed) a given for his chart. The Jazz lose two games in a row, and the Spurs close out NOP, and SA gets the fourth seed. Alternatively, SA winning, that Jazz beating the Guests tomorrow and OKC losing to Memphis gets SA the fourth seed. The reason why that other scenario also isn't on there is because dumb from HP decided to make OKC winning his other given.

Seriously, HP Guy: Don't make a chart advertised as covering all contingencies when it makes two huge assumptions (especially when the weakest of those assumptions could fall a day before the chart would even go into effect).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, they can. For some reason, that dumb at HP made Utah winning tonight against the Warriors (essentially guaranteeing them a top-four seed) a given for his chart. The Jazz lose two games in a row, and the Spurs close out NOP, and SA gets the fourth seed. Alternatively, SA winning, that Jazz beating the Guests tomorrow and OKC losing to Memphis gets SA the fourth seed. The reason why that other scenario also isn't on there is because dumb from HP decided to make OKC winning his other given.

Seriously, HP Guy: Don't make a chart advertised as covering all contingencies when it makes two huge assumptions (especially when the weakest of those assumptions could fall a day before the chart would even go into effect).
    Thank you sir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better to avoid GSW? or better to just play them round 1 while banged up instead of meeting them later when potentially at full strength?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming a Thunder win is fine, but yeah the Jazz aren't nearly a gimme against the Warriors.

The Jazz winning out and the Spurs winning tomorrow is still the best possible scenario. The Blazers are the most beatable first-round opponent the Spurs can get.

Thread Information