Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1547
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minutes aren’t awarded, they’re earned. Seems like we have THIS conversation every year, too. As bad as he was last night, he was still better than he was in the 10 minute game. Trey lyes had been perma benched for the same floating around on the court, do nothing play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minutes aren’t awarded, they’re earned. Seems like we have THIS conversation every year, too. As bad as he was last night, he was still better than he was in the 10 minute game. Trey lyes had been perma benched for the same floating around on the court, do nothing play.
    Bull .... he already earned minutes...his coach said so publicly....then his coach didn't give them.... that's tears down confidence and hurts a players ability to continue at that level....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will, just as soon as he shoots 40% from three, and defends.
    Dude DEROZZ doesn’t do either of the two and he gets major minutes so what’s your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude DEROZZ doesn’t do either of the two and he gets major minutes so what’s your point?
    And he’s roundly scorned on this board, probably the player most STers want to get rid of, DeRozan ball isn’t winning ball, so why would you want to perpetuate that by “developing” young players by just letting them run up and down the court, exerting effort when they feel like it?

One of the draft red flags on Samanic was at ude and effort. You don’t reward lack of those two things with minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .... he already earned minutes...his coach said so publicly....then his coach didn't give them.... that's tears down confidence and hurts a players ability to continue at that level....
    Earning minutes is a game to game thing, especially for a young player with effort and at ude red flags. He took Pop’s complement, and promptly the bed the next game, by running around like a headless cjicken for 10 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only he'd get as many minutes and chances as the loser Devin Vassell gets.
    Vassell is way more ready than Samanic. Pop is playing his best players every game. Rookies need to earn their playing time in practice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is way more ready than Samanic. Pop is playing his best players every game. Rookies need to earn their playing time in practice.
    Pop, is that you?

When Rudy was out, Luka was in rotation for 3 straight games.

Nets: 8/5 in 16 minutes.
    Knicks: 14/7 in 20 minutes, with amazing defense on Randle.
    OKC: 9/7 in 19 minutes.

Rudy returns and Luka plays nothing but garbage minutes ever since.
    Pop's second favorite vet averages 10/4 in 20mpg, 38% shooting over the next 10 games. With some of the worst defense we've ever seen anyone play in Spurs uniform.

Now you tell me how is a young player supposed to feel?

I'm honestly sick of all the "Pop coaches everyone equally, who am I if he yells on Tim Duncan stories".
    Maybe that was true once upon a time, but right now it's nothing but pure bs created by mainstream media.

Patty, Demar and Rudy play atrocious defense every single game. Awful closeouts, missed rotations, getting torched on pnr, not boxing out and so on. Every single ing game. Have you ever seen Pop yell at any of the 3? I haven't. He's gone soft and senile.
    But young guys have to walk on eggs s every single ing game because they're so scared of making mistakes. Then Pop does his favorite thing, the quick sub out to have his "teaching moments" that look good on TV. him, tbh.

How are the young guys supposed to respond if 3 supposed leaders of the team play half-assed defense and just keep chucking the team out of games? Sorry to disappoint you, but none of our young guys are future superstars and you can't expect them to take games over in such a dysfunctional enviroment.

Rookies need to earn playing time in practice.

GTFOH with that bs, everyone who has a working set of eyes can see who's the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop, is that you?

When Rudy was out, Luka was in rotation for 3 straight games.

Nets: 8/5 in 16 minutes.
    Knicks: 14/7 in 20 minutes, with amazing defense on Randle.
    OKC: 9/7 in 19 minutes.

Rudy returns and Luka plays nothing but garbage minutes ever since.
    Pop's second favorite vet averages 10/4 in 20mpg, 38% shooting over the next 10 games. With some of the worst defense we've ever seen anyone play in Spurs uniform.

Now you tell me how is a young player supposed to feel?

I'm honestly sick of all the "Pop coaches everyone equally, who am I if he yells on Tim Duncan stories".
    Maybe that was true once upon a time, but right now it's nothing but pure bs created by mainstream media.

Patty, Demar and Rudy play atrocious defense every single game. Awful closeouts, missed rotations, getting torched on pnr, not boxing out and so on. Every single ing game. Have you ever seen Pop yell at any of the 3? I haven't. He's gone soft and senile.
    But young guys have to walk on eggs s every single ing game because they're so scared of making mistakes. Then Pop does his favorite thing, the quick sub out to have his "teaching moments" that look good on TV. him, tbh.

How are the young guys supposed to respond if 3 supposed leaders of the team play half-assed defense and just keep chucking the team out of games? Sorry to disappoint you, but none of our young guys are future superstars and you can't expect them to take games over in such a dysfunctional enviroment.

Rookies need to earn playing time in practice.

GTFOH with that bs, everyone who has a working set of eyes can see who's the problem.
    3 games is a great way to make judgements on players vs coaches who see them about 30-50 hours out of the week. Pretty sure this year, it's about a style of play and whoever is the better player in practice. Pretty sure Patty, Gay, and Derozan are the best players in practice and a lot of times on the actual game time floor too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be surprised if poop has not totally lost Luka and Lonnie and is in danger of losing the entire team.
    The administration of this team is really bad-incompetently bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The excuse is that this team seems unwilling to call a spade a spade and set their sights on the future of this franchise. We'd rather give minutes to the Rudy Gay, Patty Mills, Gorgui Dieng, and Drew Eubanks of the world than let the guys who we spent draft capital on play minutes in order to learn, make mistakes, and learn from those mistakes.

This FO would rather hold on to guys who we know aren't in our future plans--and then buy them out mid-season to go ring chase--than trade them when they have a semblance of value.

Find me one guy who was picked in the 1st round and had their development slow-walked like Pop has Luka, Lonnie, etc. and ended up becoming a All Star level player. I literally don't think there is an example of this "strategy" working.

Especially considering there pretty much is no D-League this year, and we are an early first round exit at best, Pop giving minutes to guys in their mid to late 30s at the expense of the youth is genuinely inexcusable.

Somehow this franchise which was for two decades plus championship oriented has decided the ultimate goal is literally just making the playoffs. It's an insult to the fans.
    Welcome to the beginning of the 90's bro! Now let's go get kicked out of the PO's in the 1st rnd by Portland like we used to do every year when I was a kid... Smdh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 games is a great way to make judgements on players vs coaches who see them about 30-50 hours out of the week. Pretty sure this year, it's about a style of play and whoever is the better player in practice. Pretty sure Patty, Gay, and Derozan are the best players in practice and a lot of times on the actual game time floor too.
    He literally closed a game out with Patty and Rudy when they were 1-15 combined.
    You need a reality check, idk what else to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step 1: Don't give younger players minutes to develop through growing pains

Step 2: Maybe reach playoffs

Step 3: Don't let those younger players get run in the playoffs because "they're not ready" thanks to their lack of earlier playing time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally closed a game out with Patty and Rudy when they were 1-15 combined.
    You need a reality check, idk what else to tell you.
    How many games have Patty and Rudy kept us in and/or closed us out?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many games have Patty and Rudy kept us in and/or closed us out?
    For every one of those, they had 3 awful games.
    Not to mention how even when they're hot, they give most of those points right back on defense.
    Most games we won came down to opponents missing their open shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earning minutes is a game to game thing, especially for a young player with effort and at ude red flags. He took Pop’s complement, and promptly the bed the next game, by running around like a headless cjicken for 10 minutes.
    That's not true either....he played 19, 24,17, 20, 19 minutes in consecutive games....then 1....then 6........ he didn't ' the bed' until after Pop pulled his bs....his effort and at ude was just fine until Pop started screwing with it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is exstatic trolling people? You were one of the most loyal and most patient of all Luka supporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 10 minutes was the kicker. His effort was so awful, the he didn’t get his second half minutes. One rebound. One turn over. Zero shot attempts. Zero FT attempts. Invisible.

Did you cry this hard for Tony when he was being benched as a youngster, including during the Finals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is exstatic trolling people? You were one of the most loyal and most patient of all Luka supporters.
    I see both his high ceiling, and his basement level floor, and have always been wary of his red flags.

If Pop didn’t push him, he’d be an NBA player, poor defense, so he’d probably top out at something like 10/6, because his shooting and defense wouldn’t keep him on the floor. He could consistently eat that 20 minutes, though, and be a decent rotation piece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 10 minutes was the kicker. His effort was so awful, the he didn’t get his second half minutes. One rebound. One turn over. Zero shot attempts. Zero FT attempts. Invisible.

Did you cry this hard for Tony when he was being benched as a youngster, including during the Finals?
    There was no 10 minutes game when he was getting consistent minutes... there was a 9 minute game (which I assume you're referring to) but it was after Pop had stopped playing him consistently.

And as far as Tony goes.... it's not comparable to contrast benching him in the finals to this team....that team was very good...this team sucks..if we were contending it would matter if we played Luka...no one would care..
    Last edited by mo7888; 04-04-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

these stats remind me of Vassell, just that he has 3 missed shots in that time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see what he can do with 15 minutes a game. Every game. For the rest of the season. Now 4 minutes every 5 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step 1: Don't give younger players minutes to develop through growing pains

Step 2: Maybe reach playoffs

Step 3: Don't let those younger players get run in the playoffs because "they're not ready" thanks to their lack of earlier playing time
    Exactly!! Pop did the same with Tiago Spliter. What is the point getting a lottery pick player, Pop won’t play him in his first three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!! Pop did the same with Tiago Spliter. What is the point getting a lottery pick player, Pop won’t play him in his first three years.
    1) Luka wasn't a lottery pick player
    2) Vassell is and is playing in his first year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Luka wasn't a lottery pick player
    2) Vassell is and is playing in his first year.
    What about Lonnie walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Lonnie walker?
    Bro, Lonnie wasn't a lottery pick either lol

Thread Information