Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    yup. jc, portis, santana moss are going to make everyone pay this year. redskins defense also rocks.

Post Count
    The NFC East has FOUR teams. Having a better record than Dallas doesn't clinch the division.

Post Count
    well if the Cowboys can get their heads out of their asses, I feel they will have something to say about it.

Of course, the Skins still have to get past the Giants. NY already has beaten the Skins this season.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    The NFC East has FOUR teams. Having a better record than Dallas doesn't clinch the division.
    It always makes the Redskins fans feel good, though.

Post Count
    It always makes the Redskins fans feel good, though.
    qft x10

Post Count
    The Skins are going to lose to Detroit now.

Post Count
    Typical game for them this year. Dominating the stats, but can't score, and turnovers and penalties killing them.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Playing down to the level of compe ion.

Post Count
    Decent finish, but they still don't have a real killer instinct.

Hey, Manny, aren't you at the game?

Possibly a costly victory.

Santana just looks like a hammy, but those have a history of lingering with him. Portis' injury looked terrible for a few moments, but he was able to hop up eventually and walk off with only a slight limp - so hopefully he just tweaked the knee.

Not that the Steelers will feel the least bit sorry for the Skins having some injuries at the skill positions.

Luckily, the bye is coming up in two weeks.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Nah shoog, didn't end up going. I put off getting tickets until last night since I was in te air or canvassing and just couldn't find seats that I wanted to s out money for. I think we could ave driven into Detroit and bought them from a scallper but we really did get worn out the past few days so we passed on it.

I don't know if I'm sad or glad I didn't go after that game. Should never have been close at all.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    The Portis injury scared the out of me when I firs saw it.

Post Count
    The Skins are going to lose to Detroit now.
    thanks for playing.

Post Count
    Boy, yeah. You sure showed me.

Need Moss & Portis healthy, and need to get Samuels, Springs, and Horton back for Monday.

On the plus side - Shaun Alexander looks like he may have something left in the tank. The stats won't show it, but he ran pretty hard in his limited carries today. He had a huge first down run on 3rd and 2 where he broke some tackles and plowed through - but it was called back on a terrible phantom facemask call on Jansen. All the same, I'd just as soon get Betts back ASAP.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Man you must be watching a different Alexander than I was. Betts would have run all over the Lions today. I can't wait to have him back.

Post Count
    Yeah, I was underwhelmed by Alexander today, too. Dudejust can't get to the outside anymore, and doesn't really seem to have the power to do much else.

Post Count
    Boy, yeah. You sure showed me.
    yeah u got owned by urself

Man you must be watching a different Alexander than I was. Betts would have run all over the Lions today. I can't wait to have him back.
    Not the way the line played today. They opened up a couple of holes for Portis early & late, but for the majority of the game, they were struggled to create any kind of a crease.

For his middle 15 carries of the game, Portis was under 3 yards per carry - so I doubt Betts would have run all over them.

Not to in any way insinuate that Alexander is an upgrade over Betts in the slightest, only that he didn't look like a complete stiff today either.

Post Count
    Yeah, I was underwhelmed by Alexander today, too. Dudejust can't get to the outside anymore, and doesn't really seem to have the power to do much else.
    what do you expect? this was a guy who was cut and was not signed by various teams. he was signed as a 3rd sting runner. nothing more. betts comes back, s.a will go back to the bench...for good.

Post Count
    Not the way the line played today. They opened up a couple of holes for Portis early & late, but for the majority of the game, they were struggled to create any kind of a crease.

For his middle 15 carries of the game, Portis was under 3 yards per carry - so I doubt Betts would have run all over them.

Not to in any way insinuate that Alexander is an upgrade over Betts in the slightest, only that he didn't look like a complete stiff today either.
    no

alexander was a stiff today.

/thread

no

alexander was a stiff today.

/thread
    on that 3rd and 2 that got called back on the phantom penalty - he broke 2 tackles in the backfield before diving forward for a 4 yard gain and, what would have been, a huge first down.

guys with zero left in the tank don't do that.

don't get me wrong, if you set his over/under at 100 yards for the rest of the entire season - i'd take the under.

but it beats trotting marcus mason out there as well. and at least he'll hold onto the ball, which is always a huge concern with rock's carries.

Post Count
    yeah u got owned by urself
    Man, you're just the new master of ironic insight around here. How did we ever get along without you?

Post Count
    Man, you're just the new master of ironic insight around here. How did we ever get along without you?
    witty remarks are not your strength. posting about things you dont know comes second.

quit.

Post Count
    on that 3rd and 2 that got called back on the phantom penalty - he broke 2 tackles in the backfield before diving forward for a 4 yard gain and, what would have been, a huge first down.

guys with zero left in the tank don't do that.

don't get me wrong, if you set his over/under at 100 yards for the rest of the entire season - i'd take the under.

but it beats trotting marcus mason out there as well. and at least he'll hold onto the ball, which is always a huge concern with rock's carries.
    but credit the skins o-line as well. they have been doing a fab job covering the skins runners. portis just eclipsed his 5th straight 100 yards/gm.

shaun is done guys. he's a low risk investment for zorn and the skins, and the only reason he was signed was because zorn endorsed him and well he knows a lil bit about the offense.

Thread Information