Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont listen to the emotional cry that he is crap. No ing way is Siakam better than The Big ing Austrian. Poetl can rebound, block and does not back off from contact. He will be very good under Pop. I watched a lot of Rap games llast year and always wanted him on my team. Yes, he fouls but which young player doesnt? In my book he will be better than Valanciunas, Hortat or Vucevic. He needs to get some offensive game, but dude has Got all the tools to play both offence and defence. Very happy that we got him.

Siakam is your next Tolliver. Runs mindlessly and tries to do a bit of everything but wont be good at anything. You cant teach size and he is only 22.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to lie, like everybody here I didn't give him a chance because he's white and European. I thought he was just a soft stiff.

Looks athletic, mobile, and coordinated after watching some of his games though. I'm actually kind of excited about him. Much prefer his skillset over that of a guy like Valanciunas. OG on top of him, Demar, and the 1st would've been a complete rape of TOR for a 1 year rental. Need to ship Pau ASAP to free up minutes for him, tbh.
    I thought he was just a big stiff, but after watching some of the highlights he is quite athletic and mobile. He runs the pick n roll well and does awesome running the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least 2x better than 2018 Gasol for sure

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darko Milicic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Karma gods are fair, he'll help us forget that we once had a malignancy that had to be excised. Even small annual improvements make this kid a potential All-star by the time he's reaching his peak in about 8 years. Given his starting tools at 22 and the Spurs development of him, I'm betting he is an All-star by 30, assuming health.

Come on Timmy D. Get in there in teach this kid up. I know you will.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Karma gods are fair, he'll help us forget that we once had a malignancy that had to be excised. Even small annual improvements make this kid a potential All-star by the time he's reaching his peak in about 8 years. Given his starting tools at 22 and the Spurs development of him, I'm betting he is an All-star by 30, assuming health.

Come on Timmy D. Get in there in teach this kid up. I know you will.
    I second the Timmy part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to lie, like everybody here I didn't give him a chance because he's white and European. I thought he was just a soft stiff.

Looks athletic, mobile, and coordinated after watching some of his games though. I'm actually kind of excited about him. Much prefer his skillset over that of a guy like Valanciunas. OG on top of him, Demar, and the 1st would've been a complete rape of TOR for a 1 year rental. Need to ship Pau ASAP to free up minutes for him, tbh.
    Pau + sweetener for a starting-caliber SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a great pickup and exactly what we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be more excited for him if we didn't have that bag Pau contract on the books.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite the opposite, only took 2 threes all last season, hitting one.

Shot 73.4% of his FG attempts from 0-3 feet and made 66% of those. That compares favorably to Capela (80% of FG attempts from 0-3 ft distance, 65.3 FG% on those shots).

But I haven't watched Poeltl at all, these are just the numbers.
    To be fair, you see the 3pt percentage of 50% you think stretch 5 immediately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks good. He'll be useful against certain matchups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors fans are really high on this guy and pissed he and DDR are gone. Looking forward to seeing them in action. Hopefully DDR gets the green light and Pop utilizes Poeltl as he should be the second best big on the team. He was 1st round 9th pick a few years ago, none of our other bigs come close to that. Jakob + DDR... Awesome!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors fans are really high on this guy and pissed he and DDR are gone. Looking forward to seeing them in action. Hopefully DDR gets the green light and Pop utilizes Poeltl as he should be the second best big on the team. He was 1st round 9th pick a few years ago, none of our other bigs come close to that. Jakob + DDR... Awesome!
    Finally someone I agree with. The Raptors won 59 games last year. That means a lot to me. They're winners who come from a winning mentality. DeRozan is a 4x Allstar who finished top 10 MVP the last two years. Poeltl was the overall 9th pick a couple years ago. Why so negative??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally someone I agree with. The Raptors won 59 games last year. That means a lot to me. They're winners who come from a winning mentality. DeRozan is a 4x Allstar who finished top 10 MVP the last two years. Poeltl was the overall 9th pick a couple years ago. Why so negative??
    I agree. Spurs got a 9th pick. Only Tim Duncan (#1), Aldridge (#2), Gasol (#3), Gay (#8) and DeRozan (#9) at that level.

Ahead of him were: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_draft Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Buddy Hield.

After him are Maker, Sabonis, ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Spurs got a 9th pick. Only Tim Duncan (#1), Aldridge (#2), Gasol (#3), Gay (#8) and DeRozan (#9) at that level.
    They have five top-10 picks on their roster. That's actually a lot for a team that hasn't drafted there in more than two decades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have five top-10 picks on their roster. That's actually a lot for a team that hasn't drafted there in more than two decades.
    Yeah, I was surprised to find 5 top-10 picks! For the longest time, it was only Duncan!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loving the positivity coming into this thread. Poeltl is mostly an unknown commodity to us as Spurs fans, but to me I think he's every bit of the prospect Siakam is. That doesn't mean to say that Siakam doesn't make a big jump this year an standout, but I think Poeltl has just as much upside. Excited for DDR and hope he can take his game to the next level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks good. He'll be useful against certain matchups
    Bigs are still very useful in the regular season. Spurs have 3 7 footers and that can causes a lot of problems for many smaller teams.

Poetl is bigger than Tiago, Baynes or Oberto. We know how well those guys did with so little height and talent.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    yeah. he's gonna be an awful point guard
    The Spurs lack both those. lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    splitter 2.0, start him over gasol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ahead of him were: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_draft Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Buddy Hield.

After him are Maker, Sabonis, ...
    I'd probably say the only person I would have chosen over him was Sabonis looking at the draft results.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigs are still very useful in the regular season. Spurs have 3 7 footers and that can causes a lot of problems for many smaller teams.

Poetl is bigger than Tiago, Baynes or Oberto. We know how well those guys did with so little height and talent.
    True, but I just see gay and aldridge getting the bulk of the 4 and 5 minutes. Poeltl will be that guy pop will pull out when the spurs need solid rim protection

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do we think this leave Mulitinov?
    Is it another Livio situation where we end up paying him never to play here?

Thread Information