San Antonio Spurs
    I think no one cares.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I think no one cares.
    Hes literally bragging about being able to post 1000 things no one cares about

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously man, join a bridge club, go down to the library and talk to the homeless there, , blow your ing head off.. anything is better than begging for attention here

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now I know how you guys felt when he went into the NFL forum with his spam. Now it looks like he's in my sanctum Tech forum ting on everything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Only 1000?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously man, join a bridge club, go down to the library and talk to the homeless there, , blow your ing head off.. anything is better than begging for attention here
    LOL. Larry talking on and on about himself to a Central Valley Tweak. That'd be too ing funny to see.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs

Begging for attention? Dude, you really haven't notice ALL the attention Avante gets here? How many threads are always here about Avante I get more attention here than anyone.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs

Good point.

Classical
    Big Band
    Soul
    Blues
    Jazz
    Doowop
    Early country
    Rockabilly
    R&B

......would do everyone in here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Before Elvis walked into Sun Records in Memphis to record.....

Why this guy only recorded .....one....record...???? Cat had some serious talent.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    How about some Smokey Hogg, Lil' Son Jackson and some Texas Alexander?

Last edited by Avant; 06-04-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Who here can talk those black Doowop vocal groups from the 50's?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Good job Avante, you’re really good at posting no one else gives a about.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good job Avante, you’re really good at posting no one else gives a about.
    I give a . But we all know I'm Avante. Or a Russian bot. Or an experimental AI.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    I give a . But we all know I'm Avante. Or a Russian bot. Or an experimental AI.
    I;m now thinking I could post 2000 songs nobody here has ever heard that came out prior to 1940. That's sad.

just today I scored a CD featuring classic Ragtime some of it prior to 1920. Scott Jopllin, Jellyroll Morton, Fats Waller and some others.

How anyone with even a half a brain could think I'd ever try to pull this off with my style....???

All I know about gaming is Tecmo Bowl.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Who here can talk Harry James, Al Jolson, Ella Fitzgerald, Cab Calloway, Johnny Mercer, Jack Teagarden, Dizzy Gellespie, Lena Horne, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Art Tatum, Billie Holliday, The Ink Spots, The Mills Brothers, let me guess.......nobody.

Oh well, here;s something new to everyone here.

Last edited by Avant; 06-05-2019 at 03:29 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I bet I can post the names of 1000 people Avante does not know.
    I am superior With my own lists.
    A revelation

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I;m now thinking I could post 2000 songs nobody here has ever heard that came out prior to 1940. That's sad.

just today I scored a CD featuring classic Ragtime some of it prior to 1920. Scott Jopllin, Jellyroll Morton, Fats Waller and some others.

How anyone with even a half a brain could think I'd ever try to pull this off with my style....???

All I know about gaming is Tecmo Bowl.
    I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted. I enjoy listening to the same Miles Davis songs over and over, but I really need to branch out. So I'm genuinely interested in the jazz music you'll post.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted. I enjoy listening to the same Miles Davis songs over and over, but I really need to branch out. So I'm genuinely interested in the jazz music you'll post.
    I'm shocked that growing up playing Doom and listening to Lacuna Coil resulted into you having limited exposure to jazz.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    I bet I can post the names of 1000 people Avante does not know.
    I am superior With my own lists.
    A revelation
    That was stupid.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    You need to youtube....

Louis Armstrong
    Those I mentioned above
    King Oliver
    Charlie Parker
    Thelonious Monk
    Charlie Christian
    John Coltrane
    Django Rhinehart

For starters.

Kind of Blue....a great Miles Davis listen.
    Last edited by Avant; 06-06-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    What a student of music would want to do is zero in on pre 1930 Mississippi Delta blues and New Orleans jazz. Learn who was who, what would be essential listening, what has endured over time. Then after getting all that down move on to Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Memphis, St. Louis, The Piedmont/East Coast still pre 1930. If done right this should take about a year of research and listening. You know what came before 1930, the roots of it all.

The 30's is when we first encounter Robert Johnson, and those who would move up north to Chicago and start forging "Urban Blues".

It's a of a story, a fantastic journey from black field workers chanting their blues to some country juke joint peddling moonshine with some old cat hunched over a beat up guitar moaning about....

my woman
    she don't love me
    no mo
    she left me
    this morn
    walked right out that doe

This is the best example of prewar Mississippi Delta blues on record in my opinion. Rube Lacy only recorded one record then dropped that Devils music to become a preacher.

This is amazing.

The flip side is....Ham Hound Crave.....ha~~~

Rude Lacy
    Freddie Spruell
    Tommy Johnson
    Ishman Bracey
    Son House
    Willie Brown
    Mattie Delaney
    Geechie Wiley
    Charley Patton
    Garfield Akers
    Joe Calicott
    Cryin' Sam Collins

....is where it starts when it comes to the origins of them Mississippi Delta blues. (this music has nothing to do with jazz at all)

And all those regions I mentioned above have their originators.

One of my 12 books on the subject.

As you know Wyman played with The Rolling Stones, they were totally into them old blues with Brian Jones a huge Elmore James fan. Jagger just as into them blues. In his book....LIFE...Keith Richards talks about the impact the music made on him and he could talk them blues.
    Last edited by Avant; 06-06-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    How about only those who can actually talk music respond, ok? If all you are capable of doing is more of the stupid crap we see here constantly, walk on by.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Avante will just tell you to listen to everything he listens to the way he listens to it which is pretty dry and boring IMO. He's a bad textbook.

The great thing about about Miles is his career spans about five significant movements in jazz of which he played a major part. You can branch forward, backward with him or branch out to projects by his sidemen and go from there.

Say you listen to Kind of Blue -- You can go back a little to his cool jazz or more bop oriented Prestige recordings, forward to his second "classic" quintet and further to his pioneering electric work. Alternately you could branch out to the work of any of the sidemen you prefer -- John Coltrane, Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley all had their own projects with their own styles. Similar things can be done with almost every jazz album.

It would be good to know what album/songs you're listening to know so you could be nudged in a direction that might expand your appreciation more organically rather than lecturing you and assigning homework.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Avante will just tell you to listen to everything he listens to the way he listens to it which is pretty dry and boring IMO. He's a bad textbook.

The great thing about about Miles is his career spans about five significant movements in jazz of which he played a major part. You can branch forward, backward with him or branch out to projects by his sidemen and go from there.

Say you listen to Kind of Blue -- You can go back a little to his cool jazz or more bop oriented Prestige recordings, forward to his second "classic" quintet and further to his pioneering electric work. Alternately you could branch out to the work of any of the sidemen you prefer -- John Coltrane, Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley all had their own projects with their own styles. Similar things can be done with almost every jazz album.

It would be good to know what album/songs you're listening to know so you could be nudged in a direction that might expand your appreciation more organically rather than lecturing you and assigning homework.
    Miles Davis comes later on you don't start there. So anyone wanting to learn about jazz or hip hop, country would want to start with the origins of the music. Then you see the evolution of it all.

In jazz you do start with The Original Dixieland Jazz Band from 1917, then move on with King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band, Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Fletcher Henderson, and a whole slew of cats long before we ever talk Miles Davis.

Keep in the mind the guy is already into Davis, while I doubt he knows about Jasper Taylor, Clarence Williams, etc etc.

Right here in my hand a four CD set, each with a booklet about the music.

The Early Days
    The Swing Era
    The Big Band Years
    The Be-Bop Revolution

This is....The History of Jazz....which was a TV series.

It's all there, it's all covered.

Thread Information