Page 23 of 173 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2022 DT Hero Kanu (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA)

https://247sports.com/Player/Hero-Kanu-46114765/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like WR Josh Moore has some anger issues. He's probably going to miss some football time at the very least.
    The first time around never got fully explained and it did not sound good.
    Too bad. He could produce some big plays. That family seem to have some issues from way back to big brother.
    Never know with this age; Reese L. sounds like he got his act together and has moved on as a very good student.

Texas offers 2022 DT Hero Kanu (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA)

https://247sports.com/Player/Hero-Kanu-46114765/
    That's N. Suh! Lock him up. Big guys that used to play soccer should have exceptional feet and stamina. Should...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Shaka to Marquette. Guess they told him to start looking or he would be fired. Seems like the best outcome for both sides

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Shaka to Marquette. Guess they told him to start looking or he would be fired. Seems like the best outcome for both sides
    Esp the avoiding a buyout part!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let the Chris Beard to Texas movement begin!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/Austin-Jordan-46084718/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let the Chris Beard to Texas movement begin!

Would he really want to come to a school that cares so little about b-ball...
    Imo opinion "they" really need to slash the tourney way down. The regular season is worthless.
    And then a conference tourney. And then the NCAA and NIT... overload.
    UTSA plays a regular season as practice for their conference tourney, its so boring.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Time to bring out the razor and give TT bball a nice shave.....

Whoever hired AD Steve Patterson should be held accountable. Hires like Smart and Strong were terrible for Texas program.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Woke Steve Patterson is what is wrong with this country

I dont understand the comments about Sreve Patterson hiring 2 of the hottest coaches at that time. Hindsight is 20/20. Both Strong and Smart were coming off impressive years and Mack had to go along with Rick. Saban was ed up by Mack. In football I believe Gruden was a pick everyone wanted. Gruden...

So that begs me to ask... who would've been the picks if not for Strong not taking offense seriously in the Big 12 and Shaka never deciding to use his full court pressure.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Woke Steve Patterson is what is wrong with this country
    Patterson was woke because he was one of most miserly ADs we have ever had?
    He wanted a business model at the cost of a winning model?

I don’t get it... woke?

This about a college trying to win football games, that’s what’s wrong with the country... Lost on this comment.

Results are what matters. Strongs record was the worst in Texas football history. Smart was incredibly inconsistent. Patterson was an abysmal failure. And whoever was responsible for his hire should be held accountable.

Accountably is a thing of the past. Today everyone gets a trophy. And money rules.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I dont understand the comments about Sreve Patterson hiring 2 of the hottest coaches at that time. Hindsight is 20/20. Both Strong and Smart were coming off impressive years and Mack had to go along with Rick. Saban was ed up by Mack. In football I believe Gruden was a pick everyone wanted. Gruden...

So that begs me to ask... who would've been the picks if not for Strong not taking offense seriously in the Big 12 and Shaka never deciding to use his full court pressure.
    After the Saban thing fell through he decided that Texas needed a black coach and that was all he interviewed. We had two candidates both black. He interviewed Strong and hired him without even meeting with the second.

Pretty much did the same thing with Smart. All he wanted was his woke agenda, and he was proud of his hires. He set the athletic program back 10 years. He is proof that you can't just make a decision like this without a consideration for all candidates not just one race.

Accountably is a thing of the past. Today everyone gets a trophy. And money rules.
    sad, but very true.

Patterson was woke because he was one of most miserly ADs we have ever had?
    He wanted a business model at the cost of a winning model?

I don’t get it... woke?

This about a college trying to win football games, that’s what’s wrong with the country... Lost on this comment.
    I think we've found ppl who want to continue to push race. Him being "woke" which I doubt the ppl using the word have much understanding of it. He did what he thought would be best for the school, at that time. Mack didn't do too great his last few years and Tom Herman was a being proportions. Neither were wanted at the time they were let go.

Amazing how the problems of this country pour into a college football forum.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-mora/4308307/

And ppl turned down the Texas job. Thus why Patterson hired the person that wanted the job.
    Last edited by woofwoof; 03-28-2021 at 02:25 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think we've found ppl who want to continue to push race. Him being "woke" which I doubt the ppl using the word have much understanding of it. He did what he thought would be best for the school, at that time. Mack didn't do too great his last few years and Tom Herman was a being proportions. Neither were wanted at the time they were let go.

Amazing how the problems of this country pour into a college football forum.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-mora/4308307/

And ppl turned down the Texas job. Thus why Patterson hired the person that wanted the job.
    Agreed, coaching is a hard job like a box of chocolates you don’t what you are going to get. People will make things racial when it is not but some are. Every one of the coaches we have had a some good seasons elsewhere.

Exactly. Not like Steve said I want to screw up Texas forever. First they must be black, second they must deep down suck, even though they had good seasons this past year. Ah screw it they don't deserve it but ill give them jobs... mainly cause they are black though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    uhhh...

We do NOT get trophies, except in Volleyball.

Thread Information