Page 24 of 173 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think we've found ppl who want to continue to push race. Him being "woke" which I doubt the ppl using the word have much understanding of it. He did what he thought would be best for the school, at that time. Mack didn't do too great his last few years and Tom Herman was a being proportions. Neither were wanted at the time they were let go.

Amazing how the problems of this country pour into a college football forum.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-mora/4308307/

And ppl turned down the Texas job. Thus why Patterson hired the person that wanted the job.
    Nick Saban marched with his players in a BLM type show. Arm to arm.
    That wokeness ruined their shot at a National Championship...
    I feel so bad for Alabama.

Trevor Lawrence didn't win a natty this year bc he spoke out on racial injustice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The issue I took was that Patterson didn't do any due dilligence in the search. He wanted a black coach interiewed one and hired him. Then he set him up for failure by going cheap on the assistants. It was a rediculous process and resulted in the worst coach Texas ever had.

This is no reflection on Charlie as a person, He was a really good guy who was in over his head at Texas and got no support from the dumbass who hired him.

In the end patterson was proud of the job he did...he hired two black guys. That should tell you who Patterson was.

After the Saban thing fell through he decided that Texas needed a black coach and that was all he interviewed. We had two candidates both black. He interviewed Strong and hired him without even meeting with the second.

Pretty much did the same thing with Smart. All he wanted was his woke agenda, and he was proud of his hires. He set the athletic program back 10 years. He is proof that you can't just make a decision like this without a consideration for all candidates not just one race.
    uhhh...

We do NOT get trophies, except in Volleyball.
    Swimming maybe you forgot.

Swimming maybe you forgot.
    Meanwhile OU is stacking football trophies up. Strange how they don’t seem to have all the racial stuff going on

Meanwhile OU is stacking football trophies up. Strange how they don’t seem to have all the racial stuff going on
    Seems as though the race card is getting thrown out by fans more so than an exact reason coming from UT. These are assumptions. Nobody knows, for sure, why they were hired suggesting a reason is what makes the Internet, the Internet. Ppl talking as if they have fact.

Seems as though the race card is getting thrown out by fans more so than an exact reason coming from UT. These are assumptions. Nobody knows, for sure, why they were hired suggesting a reason is what makes the Internet, the Internet. Ppl talking as if they have fact.
    I agree, and I don’t care if the guy is white, black, yellow or polka dot. I am tired of losing to OU.

Just my opinion, it seems CDC is a of a lot better AD than Patterson was. Time will tell

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Vic Schaefer is killing it already... thats for sure

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The issue I took was that Patterson didn't do any due dilligence in the search. He wanted a black coach interiewed one and hired him. Then he set him up for failure by going cheap on the assistants. It was a rediculous process and resulted in the worst coach Texas ever had.

This is no reflection on Charlie as a person, He was a really good guy who was in over his head at Texas and got no support from the dumbass who hired him.

In the end patterson was proud of the job he did...he hired two black guys. That should tell you who Patterson was.
    Patterson was a cheap ass.
    He thought more about the program making money, the winning would just happen.
    That was totally obvious based on his previous job.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Where in sports does winning just happen?

If he thought that then he was a dumb SOB.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Where in sports does winning just happen?

If he thought that then he was a dumb SOB.
    At Texas

Just build it and they will come.

Jerry Jones is a huge winner financially.
    We are the Dallas Cowboys.

At Texas

yep. When there is a problem it almost always starts at the top. Patterson and Jones seem to be a lot alike

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    At Texas

Remind me again, how that's worked out for Texas? We have the 5th most talented roster according to 247 and haven't sniffed the playoffs once. There is a reason we have had 3 coaches since we fired Mack. Let's not forget since 2010 we have had 4 ADs as well.

Texas was a trainwreck over the last 10 years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2022 LB TJ Dudley (Montgomery, AL)

https://247sports.com/player/tj-dudley-46084527/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Inside Texas- WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) (2022):

Texas continues it's pursuit of the Cali-bred receiver. After setting up official visits to Notre Dame (June 4th-6th) and Ohio State (June 11th), he'll be hitting the ATX on the big weekend - June 18th-20th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Remind me again, how that's worked out for Texas? We have the 5th most talented roster according to 247 and haven't sniffed the playoffs once. There is a reason we have had 3 coaches since we fired Mack. Let's not forget since 2010 we have had 4 ADs as well.

Texas was a trainwreck over the last 10 years.
    Ask the Cowboys how that works.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas isn't the Cowboys, and that makes me happy. I'd rather be the Pats.

Texas def not the Pats. Closer to the Raiders of late.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information