Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he just had to look in a mirror, that would have been quicker.
    You were in the way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Republicans move to block inquiry into Trump DoJ’s secret data seizure

Top Republicans are moving to block a Senate inquiry into the Trump justice department’s secret seizure of data from Democrats to hunt down leaks of classified information, fearing a close investigation could damage the former president.

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-m...070023501.html

-----------------------

Per par. Protect Cheetolini at all costs. Party over country.

I wouldn't grant ya's an easy row-to-hoe either. Not for all the rice in China, uh, RG, oh, sweetheart of mine. Am I back into the fold of thy embrace, old horse?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans move to block inquiry into Trump DoJ’s secret data seizure

Top Republicans are moving to block a Senate inquiry into the Trump justice department’s secret seizure of data from Democrats to hunt down leaks of classified information, fearing a close investigation could damage the former president.

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-m...070023501.html

-----------------------

Per par. Protect Cheetolini at all costs. Party over country.
    100% fascist protection of Il Duce bag. Nobody can stop them, America is ed and un able by Capitalism and their Repug s

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    anything the Dems did wrong

pales in comparison
    with the destructive multiple crimes by Trash, his mafiya, the 1/6 Capitol rapists, and the ongoing coverups by the Repugs and rightwing hate media

There simply is no comparison, no equivalence, so RWNJs should S T F U
    Sooner or later you always into that sweet spot, bouts.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Obama personally push for this? Yes or no will do.
    I don't know if Obama personally pushed for it but it wouldn't surprise me. He already lied about never discussing ongoing investigations with the FBI, if he didn't personally push for it I'm sure he was aware of it and had no problem with it.
    If Obama had actively pushed for investigations into Republican members of congress, I have little doubt the Trump DOJ would have released those emails or communications, and we would have had three or four Benghazi's about that, and you know it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were in the way.
    not possible, trump is a fat; I'm not

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    100% fascist protection of Il Duce bag. Nobody can stop them, America is ed and un able by Capitalism and their Repug s
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, The Moose, piano wire, Uncle Adolf, the brown shirts, that neat lookin' swastika, reeducation cam...I mean concentration camps, Hitler again...same tired old bags.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not possible, trump is a fat; I'm not
    You're also not President for life like President Trump is, fred, you're just over here checkin' assholes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    well, he was punished, just not with the sentence you wanted. he got the low end of the federal sentencing guidelines. and the judge has his reasoning.

while i personally think its stupid to have victims of crimes have any say in the sentencing, the judge also, in part, deferred to carter page's statement which did not ask for clinesmith to be improsoned
    Hot damn, old 21 was ready here!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No we don't. Our justice system has rules already in place to handle such situations, like in-camera review. Completely unnecessary.
    Boy, oh, boy, TSA sure lit a fire under your asses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should just shut the up about it as it's clear you have no clue what you are talking about. You stupidly think a subpoena for metadata of members of congress who were suspected of leaking classified information is worse than the FBI/DOJ lying to the FISC to obtain the most intrusive form of surveillance on a Trump team member in order to spy on him and everyone one of his contacts, and his contacts contacts, past or present.

I have a pretty clear idea that a sitting president insisting on investigations based on looney tunes conspiracy theories makes him a moron, and you an even bigger idiot for supporting him.

You stupidly think that an investigation into one person is the same as widely cast look at Congress-members of the opposite party. If Biden did this you would bricks, and we all know it.

The zeal in the Trump administration’s efforts to hunt leakers led to the extraordinary step of subpoenaing communications metadata from members of Congress — a nearly unheard-of move outside of corruption investigations. While Justice Department leak investigations are routine, current and former congressional officials familiar with the inquiry said they could not recall an instance in which the records of lawmakers had been seized as part of one.
    TSA #stillwithhim

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I have a pretty clear idea that a sitting president insisting on investigations based on looney tunes conspiracy theories makes him a moron, and you an even bigger idiot for supporting him.
    The investigation into Schiff wasn't based on a looney tunes conspiracy theory. Schiff was the ranking member of the senate intelligence committee and James Wolfe the director of security for the senate intelligence committee was charged with leaking classified information.

You stupidly think that an investigation into one person is the same as widely cast look at Congress-members of the opposite party. If Biden did this you would bricks, and we all know it.
    You stupidly continue to think that a FISA warrant on Carter Page limited it to Carter Page even after being shown FISA warrants allow surveillance of not only Page, but Page's contacts, and Page's contacts contacts. The FISA warrant is a net far wider and more intrusive than the metadata subpoenaed on Schiff. It's not even close. On top of that said FISA warrant was obtained illegally.

Your lack of understanding of the severity of an illegally obtained FISA warrant to spy on Page and the Trump transition team is ing embarrassing. And to top it off you are trying to claim a subpoena for metadata from a suspected leaker sitting as the ranking member of the senate intelligence committee who's own director of security was prosecuted for illegally leaking classified information is somehow worse than what happened to Carter Page

Seriously just shut the up already you are in over your head and continue to make yourself look stupider with each post.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Obama and the Russian collusion conspiracy say o idiot

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The investigation into Schiff wasn't based on a looney tunes conspiracy theory. Schiff was the ranking member of the senate intelligence committee and James Wolfe the director of security for the senate intelligence committee was charged with leaking classified information.

You stupidly continue to think that a FISA warrant on Carter Page limited it to Carter Page even after being shown FISA warrants allow surveillance of not only Page, but Page's contacts, and Page's contacts contacts. The FISA warrant is a net far wider and more intrusive than the metadata subpoenaed on Schiff. It's not even close. On top of that said FISA warrant was obtained illegally.

Your lack of understanding of the severity of an illegally obtained FISA warrant to spy on Page and the Trump transition team is ing embarrassing. And to top it off you are trying to claim a subpoena for metadata from a suspected leaker sitting as the ranking member of the senate intelligence committee who's own director of security was prosecuted for illegally leaking classified information is somehow worse than what happened to Carter Page

Seriously just shut the up already you are in over your head and continue to make yourself look stupider with each post.
    Yeah, RG, do as TSA says and Seriously just shut the up already

C'mon, T, a coffee and a prune Danish over at the QT. My, I mean your treat? Por favor, Senor'?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obama and the Russian collusion conspiracy say o idiot
    GO---TSA---GO!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Clinesmith did to the FISC and Carter Page was far worse than what Papadapolous did yet he didn't spend a minute in jail.
    According to who? Lying to investigators and then not providing any help after the guilty plea do have some serious consequences when it comes to sentencing. AFAIK, Clinesmith came out clean, and he reap the benefit of that decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George P served 12 days

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    According to who? Lying to investigators and then not providing any help after the guilty plea do have some serious consequences when it comes to sentencing. AFAIK, Clinesmith came out clean, and he reap the benefit of that decision.
    According to anyone who understands the difference between a civilian and a federal agent.

And exactly what type of help was Papadapolous supposed to provide considering Russian collusion never happened and his interactions were with an undercover informant and undercover FBI agent?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    George P served 12 days
    And a federal agent can alter evidence and lie to the FISC in order to obtain a FISA warrant on an innocent American citizen and serve zero days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And a federal agent can alter evidence and lie to the FISC in order to obtain a FISA warrant on an innocent American citizen and serve zero days.
    you can read more about the judge's rationale. your exact point was made by the prosecutors, and is discussed in the article below.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...e-email-463750

"In the government's estimate, the defendant's conduct was more egregious than Mr. Papadopoulos'," Scarpelli told the judge. "Mr. Clinesmith was an FBI employee. He was someone that the agents should have been able to trust."

Shur called the government's analogy like "comparing apples and oranges."

Boasberg also seemed to reject the government's comparison, saying that while others may have been trying to protect themselves or their allies, Clinesmith seemed to have derived no benefit at all from his crime.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Using the power of the government to spy on political opponents is ok.

Got it.
    Schiff

During the Trump impeachment proceedings in 2019, he secretly subpoenaed the phone records of ranking Intelligence Republican Devin Nunes of California, Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, attorney Victoria Toensing, journalist John Solomon, Fox News host Sean Hannity, and others.

Schiff secured the records from a telecommunications provider, just as the DOJ had done. But whereas the Justice Department endeavored to locate criminal leaks of classified information, Schiff was simply snooping on political opponents or, as The Wall Street Journal called it, “abusing surveillance powers for drive-by-smears of Republicans and a free press.”

Schiff then compounded the injustice by publishing the call records and some telephone numbers of those he had targeted. All the while, he refused to turn over any of his own electronic communications with the impeachment press and the so-called “whistleblower.”

When the watchdog group Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit seeking access to Schiff’s secretive subpoenas to determine whether he had abused the power of his office, he fought to keep them sealed despite his repeated commitments to transparency.

Citing the Speech and Debate Clause of the Cons ution, Schiff told the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit that he had unlimited surveillance power and unfettered authority to invade the privacy rights of American citizens without notice.

https://thegreggjarrett.com/irony-al...phone-records/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to anyone who understands the difference between a civilian and a federal agent.

And exactly what type of help was Papadapolous supposed to provide considering Russian collusion never happened and his interactions were with an undercover informant and undercover FBI agent?
    Again, whether one was a federal agent and the other a civilian has absolutely zero to do with what happened after they got caught.

One admitted to it, and didn't stand in the way of investigators and accepted whatever was coming to him.

The other lied to the investigators, didn't assist them despite agreeing to do so as part of his guilty plea (according to the prosecutors).

If he had nothing to lie about, then why did he lie? If there was nothing to admit guilt to, why did he plead guilty?

These are the stupid games people like him play, and eventually bubble up when it comes to sentencing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schiff

During the Trump impeachment proceedings in 2019, he secretly subpoenaed the phone records of ranking Intelligence Republican Devin Nunes of California, Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, attorney Victoria Toensing, journalist John Solomon, Fox News host Sean Hannity, and others.

Schiff secured the records from a telecommunications provider, just as the DOJ had done. But whereas the Justice Department endeavored to locate criminal leaks of classified information, Schiff was simply snooping on political opponents or, as The Wall Street Journal called it, “abusing surveillance powers for drive-by-smears of Republicans and a free press.”

Schiff then compounded the injustice by publishing the call records and some telephone numbers of those he had targeted. All the while, he refused to turn over any of his own electronic communications with the impeachment press and the so-called “whistleblower.”

When the watchdog group Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit seeking access to Schiff’s secretive subpoenas to determine whether he had abused the power of his office, he fought to keep them sealed despite his repeated commitments to transparency.

Citing the Speech and Debate Clause of the Cons ution, Schiff told the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit that he had unlimited surveillance power and unfettered authority to invade the privacy rights of American citizens without notice.

https://thegreggjarrett.com/irony-al...phone-records/
    I am okay with sending a subpoena for Nunes's metadata if they had reason to believe he was leaking classified information and it was properly predicated.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    RG getting destroyed up in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once the precedent is set, they won't regress.

Thread Information