Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nelson had to go. Carlisle was like 50/50. He didnt really have a good roster to work with, so i dont think any coach would have done better. Porzingis should be next.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nelson had to go. Carlisle was like 50/50. He didnt really have a good roster to work with, so i dont think any coach would have done better. Porzingis should be next.
    Pulling Luka up 30-11 in the first quarter of Game 3, and those Game 6 timeouts that killed all momentum were pretty clear mistakes that lost the series. Rick had to go.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also, if the rumors are true, then Haralabos was setting the rotation and strategies, meaning Rick was literally doing nothing but calling bad timeouts and icing his own team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needs to use all of the power the media thinks he has and get rid of the gambler as well.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    and still had 100% more success than the rockets despite a front office full of cretins
    And haven’t gotten out the FIRST round in 10 years. You have no future.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Rick quit because he knew that 1) new GM’s usually bring in their own coach, and 2) Luka doesn’t really respect him anymore.

After losing to the Clippers, most Mavs fans were upset with Donnie, Rick, and KP. Well two of those guys are gone, and they’re definitely shopping Porzingis. How is any of this bad for the Mavs? The Haralabos stuff is concerning, but the NBA is an analytics dominated league now, and it’s adapt or die. Is Mark picking the right analytics guy? Time will tell, but what we DID know is that the Donnie/Rick thing had run it’s course and wasn’t going to work anymore.

at anyone thinking this was a bad week for the Mavericks. This was the chemotherapy that killed the cancer. Unpleasant business but hopefully leading to a much brighter future.
    First you have no draft picks. You have to attach them to get rid of a salary that big. Second, no big free agent is coming to Dallas. Third, go ahead and give a player that much power. See where it leads you. Fourth, keep trading away picks, that will hinder any ability for trades.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cuban gonna around, trade Porzingis and more draft picks for Kemba

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    And haven’t gotten out the FIRST round in 10 years. You have no future.
    despite not getting past the first round in 10 years, they still accomplished infinitely more than houston

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    First you have no draft picks. You have to attach them to get rid of a salary that big. Second, no big free agent is coming to Dallas. Third, go ahead and give a player that much power. See where it leads you. Fourth, keep trading away picks, that will hinder any ability for trades.
    over the past 20 years dallas consistently checked the boxes on all of those things and houston checked none of those and dallas STILL had more success than houston

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Imagine blaming Carlisle for Cuban serving up sandwiches for a decade.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Blew up a championship team for this

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue I'd say is....who is left out there? And will the Mavs get him over other teams coach-searching

Grass always greener, etc

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The issue I'd say is....who is left out there? And will the Mavs get him over other teams coach-searching

Grass always greener, etc
    They already have Jamahl Mosley in house. Otherwise I’d bet they go Becky Hammon for the positive PR.

Having Luka kinda makes the coach irrelevant, kinda like a team with LeBron. All the coach has to do is stay on the superstar’s good side and keep out of their way. Carlisle failed miserably at both this season.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

wasted years of prime Harden by signing Dwight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick quit because he knew that 1) new GM’s usually bring in their own coach, and 2) Luka doesn’t really respect him anymore.

After losing to the Clippers, most Mavs fans were upset with Donnie, Rick, and KP. Well two of those guys are gone, and they’re definitely shopping Porzingis. How is any of this bad for the Mavs? The Haralabos stuff is concerning, but the NBA is an analytics dominated league now, and it’s adapt or die. Is Mark picking the right analytics guy? Time will tell, but what we DID know is that the Donnie/Rick thing had run it’s course and wasn’t going to work anymore.

at anyone thinking this was a bad week for the Mavericks. This was the chemotherapy that killed the cancer. Unpleasant business but hopefully leading to a much brighter future.
    copium tbh

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I remember just about everybody hated Carlisle. He was way too controlling, wanted to call every play and didn’t give his players any freedom. I can see how that rubs Luka the wrong way. And unlike Pop with Gino, it seems like ol Ricky didn’t want to change his ways
    this is where i don't get the ing pop hate, like he's remade this team so many ing times, it's not his fault they guy they built their team around decided to bail. And everyone's all mad they made that trade but losing kawhi was always going to them anyway so why give him what he wanted when they were always going to get nothing back.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaches get too full of themselves, too much hubris, and they show their asses and get fired. Pop showed his ass on multiple occasions but somehow kept his job. They start to treat the team like a personal experiment, like they had an epiphany that said go against common sense and do the unthinkable. They do, it flops, they walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best coach in the game.

These youngsters can't handle hard coaching anymore. Dallas will regret Carlisle leaving.

Please come to SA Rick!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best coach in the game.

These youngsters can't handle hard coaching anymore. Dallas will regret Carlisle leaving.

Please come to SA Rick!
    actually, one of the worst coaches in the nba, with Pop.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dirk recommending Kidd

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I’d much rather have Mosley than Kidd, but whatever. Luka’s running the team regardless.

Thread Information