Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2310
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made two extra roster spots in the AS Game this year, for Dirk and Wade. I don't see why not.
    If the Spurs haven't signed Quinndary to a two-way yet, they have that two-way available to sign Parker. It would make Parker a Spurs player, who could suit up for the first home game, then retire as a Spur at the end of the game.

It would mean compensating QW in some other way, until the 2-way can be given to him after that first home game.

It would be funny to "recall" Tony from Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs haven't signed Quinndary to a two-way yet, they have that two-way available to sign Parker. It would make Parker a Spurs player, who could suit up for the first home game, then retire as a Spur at the end of the game.

It would mean compensating QW in some other way, until the 2-way can be given to him after that first home game.

It would be funny to "recall" Tony from Austin.
    I don't think that is the purpose of the two way deal tho. I think you can only sign guys who are in the first 4 years in the league (rook deal equivalents) to such a deal bc it's a player development deal.
    Quin may have already been signed to the 2way, as well. I am not sure about this tho, but it doesn't matter for Tony's purposes.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free agent Dorian Finney-Smith has agreed to a three-year, $12M deal to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

thats a pretty good deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Boston Celtics and French center Vincent Poirier have agreed to a two-year deal, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Poirier is a 6-foot-11 center who will provide additional front court depth in Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that is the purpose of the two way deal tho. I think you can only sign guys who are in the first 4 years in the league ...
    I never paid much attention to the 2 way stuff, but I looked it up and you're right.

So, heck, no 2 way for Tony. Pity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Carroll is the bench three, it'll only be in a similar situation as Gay was last year where he played there with Bertans. Then I guess it's just up to your preference which position who played. I expect him to at least get a chance to win the starting PF job. That's where his skills are most needed. Pop seems to agree with a number of Spurs fans when it comes to wanting a big, slow lineup with poor spacing if he can get away with it. So there is a chance he goes Murray/DeRozan/Carroll/Aldridge/Poeltl or Murray/White/DeRozan/Aldridge/Poeltl to start the year. But I think the grind of the season will eventually lead him to a Murray(or White)/Forbes/DeRozan/Carroll/Aldridge unit, which has adequate spacing, playmaking and defense, while giving the second unit a combo of players who could lead the league in bench production.
    It will be interesting to see if pop’s typical lineup will be with two bigs : lma and poetl or with aldridge at the 5. Offcourse that could depend on the opposite team and change from game to game.

But if we go with two bigs, we need a better insurance than Eubanks and the other spots could be too loaded.

Last year the nets played an extra small ball so caroll was more a 4, I see him as a 3 and Rudy more a 4 but we’ll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it was just postulation by Evan Cohen on NBA radio, but said he wondered if the Lakers lose out on Kwahi, that if they would like to look at a 2nd tier player like Derozan as a salary dump the spurs with the spurs sending a 1st round draft pick .... Can't for the life of me even conceive that ever happening, esp between those 2 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a solid enough roster. Gay/Carroll might be able to make it as a bench forward duo. I think Bryn will get time no matter what, though. He's just been too good. I think he'll have a better chance to start than he will to be third string. Still, getting Weatherspoon on a three-year deal would be nice, and they could even do that with Eubanks with the rest of the MLE. I do think Metu will have something to say though. The Spurs gave him two guaranteed years for a reason.
    Metu for right now remains an enigma. It's too bad he got injured at a very inopportune time. I can't predict how that goes with him, but I think he needed to show something this summer and in preseason. Not that the Spurs would cut him just to cut him, but it's always possible for someone else to impress in preseason and make a case for himself. Bryn for example made the team with no roster spots available bc Pop and Chip were absolutely sold on "the Magazine" in practices. We just don't know there is someone like that in the preseason roster yet, but Metu needs to show up and I don't know how his foot injury will affect his readiness.

I agree with you on Bryn. As much as I was critical of him previously (and mostly bc he was overplayed) he really improved and stepped up his game. He may play less minutes overall than last season, bc Spurs have a lot of guards and they may stay healthy this year and hopefully also be good, but Bryn will still play. I do think someone is going to end up being "CoJo" in the team. That is, a guy who absolutely can play in the rotation and eventually would do that elsewhere, but in a team currently too deep in guards his minutes varied widely from game to game. Who will that be, I don't know. I am hoping they are ready to move on from Belli... (bc Mills culture won't be traded as we all know.) And yet, there were times that Pop definitely preferred Belli over Davis, so really I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Coffee Gang has gotten to Keldon Johnson. I can't believe Pop's allowing this disease to spread through the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it was just postulation by Evan Cohen on NBA radio, but said he wondered if the Lakers lose out on Kwahi, that if they would like to look at a 2nd tier player like Derozan as a salary dump the spurs with the spurs sending a 1st round draft pick .... Can't for the life of me even conceive that ever happening, esp between those 2 teams.
    Derozen isn't a salary dump the guy still produces at a close to all star value. No way I'm giving up a 1st just to get rid of him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Marks and the Nets front office are 'light years ahead' of everybody: https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/7/2/2...ed-a-superteam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao the Lakers final and only trade asset is kuzma right? Cubbard is bare!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's much better than milutinov btw...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never paid much attention to the 2 way stuff, but I looked it up and you're right.

So, heck, no 2 way for Tony. Pity.
    Yea, I am no expert either. Some of it I picked up from Chinook and others talking about it when it entered into effect.

But I also looked up last year how the Spurs were able to offer it to a player I considered a vet, Josh Huestis (drafted 2014). Turned out Huestis had been signed to that weird deal with OKC where he agreed to get stashed with no NBA contract for his first year after the draft and thus didn't become an NBA rook until 2015-16. It's a sidenote, way out of left field here... but he just happened to be on the 4th season after his "rook" one last season and I remembered it. He wouldn't be able to sign a 2 way deal this season or from now on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's much better than milutinov btw...
    I saw Poirier few times and I’m really not sure of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. If they want a fall back position borderline all star player, we aren't sending the pick, they are. There's no need to salary dump a player who puts up 21/6/6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. If they want a fall back position borderline all star player, we aren't sending the pick, they are. There's no need to salary dump a player who puts up 21/6/6.
    They better be sending out more than 1 IMO. And after the NOP deal, i'm not sure that they have first's to trade. Remember the Stepien Rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good luck Pau
    Wtf is this guy in serious. Give us the 5 mil back you bum

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf is this guy in serious. Give us the 5 mil back you bum
    I believe every dollar Pau gets this year up to the $5M comes off the Spurs books.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar has reached out to Cousins per Shams on NBATV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe every dollar Pau gets this year up to the $5M comes off the Spurs books.
    Spurs "Dead Cap" of $5,074,856.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's for the minimum, why not?

But seriously, Pop might murder Boogie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gettin Cousins?? Tbh I’m all for that. If any coach can do it, Pop can. He must be tired of losing.
    Come on RC/Pop. I’ll run Murray, White, Demar, Aldridge, Cousins with anybody. You can even put Carroll in there for shooting instead of Demar.

Thread Information