Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    He MIGHT be able to pull it off... if they dye his hair jet black and he bulks up a lot more.

There's so many things in the novels/comics that Conan does, they could explore a ton of different options. Conan as a pirate, a thief, a mercenary, etc etc.

To me, the definitive Conan drawings were done by Boris Vallejo, but Joe Jusko had some nice ones too. And I like REH's stuff, but Robert Jordan has some nice novelizations IIRC.

jthelps.wordpress.com
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    they need to bring back arnold for conan

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the first conan movie rocked. James earl jones had that weird wig and all arnold said was CROMMMMM and that line about the lamendation of the women.

The 2nd film with Wilt Chamberlain and Grace Jones looking all like David Robinson was craptastic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Dude isn't big enough. Arnold's immense size made the first movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they need to bring back arnold for conan
    Yeah, not happening.

They need to bring back another huge guy that barely speaks English.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He MIGHT be able to pull it off... if they dye his hair jet black and he bulks up a lot more.

There's so many things in the novels/comics that Conan does, they could explore a ton of different options. Conan as a pirate, a thief, a mercenary, etc etc..
    Unfortunately, it seems like the new film is rehashing the "revenge my parents" plot from the Ahnuld film.

To me, the definitive Conan drawings were done by Boris Vallejo, but Joe Jusko had some nice ones too. And I like REH's stuff, but Robert Jordan has some nice novelizations IIRC.
    No Frank Frazetta? I like Jusko too, grew up reading les featuring his cover art, but he sometimes goes OTT with those comic book style porportions. Vallejo's great though.

They will never find anyone for Conan better than Arnold; just like they will never be able to out cast predator 1. Was Arnold a ty actor during Conan, Yes. Was he Conan, yes.
    Arnold's Conan is a cinematic badass but he didn't pull the role off to perfection like he did with the Terminator. There's too many moments in the film where Conan comes off looking like a dumbass(especially worse in the second movie). It's not just Milius' writing either. Arnold too often displays that blank, half-re ed stare like he has no idea what's going on around him and acts like a dim-witted man-child throughout(maybe that's what Milius was aiming for?). The Conan from the books, while just as crass and uneducated, has moments of intuition/cunning not seen in the Milius movies.

Also, I'm not too high on the director(Marcus Nispel of Pathfinder/F13 remake) or the cheap production that's filming in Bulgaria to cut costs. Nispel's movies are clouded with those sepia and grey tones and feature that "so dark you can't see " cinematography. It works great when the characters aren't moving around too much but it's almost headache-inducing when the action speeds up(no doubt magnified due to the music video-type editing). Personally, I would have gone with Sergey Bodrov to helm the picture. Mongol felt more like a Conan film than either Milius' or Nispel's works.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Starting to change my mind with Momoa's performance in "Game Of Thrones" as Drogo...

And this newest trailer....

He might just be able to pull it off...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Eh...we'll see. Thor turned out better than I thought it would perhaps this will surprise me too.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    So how is Conan pronounced? In the trailer they say it like Conan O'Brien, but all my life I never pronounced it like that. tbh I've never seen anything other than bits and pieces of the other Conan movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    to they make an effort to make all these action movie trailers look EXACTLY the same? There is absolutely nothing interesting to me in that trailer. And I still think that dude looks too much like a neanderthal. He looks plenty tough but that forehead of his that protrudes an inch over his eyes is too much

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So how is Conan pronounced? In the trailer they say it like Conan O'Brien, but all my life I never pronounced it like that. tbh I've never seen anything other than bits and pieces of the other Conan movies.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's supposed to be pronounced Co-nan. Figures they'd that up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I do agree though that Mr. Mamoa's prime strength in the role is to get drooling women into the theaters. Solid business decision, and I have little doubt that calculus is outweighed by geeky outrage. (no offense intended)
    Very good point. This is one I'll agree to see. Still, Arnold must be rolling over in his... Oh, wait...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Would have been better imho.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.slashfilm.com/conan-barba...r/#more-105502

Finally, they show SOMETHING resembling a Conan film. If they can work in some more practical gore effects, this will be a solid popcorn flick and possibly not deserve all the hate the initial trailers deserved.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He sold me as Drogo. I have no doubt he will be a good Conan now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Looks entertaining. Will wait for it to arrive on blu-ray though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I wanted my two hours of life back

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He sold me as Drogo. I have no doubt he will be a good Conan now.

don't wanna go to the sidelines and talk to the ollllllllllllllllll ball coach, after det one!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wanted my two hours of life back
    That good?

Sounds like a good movie to drink beer and eat pizza to after the missus and kids go to bed.

Long as it has boobies and chumps getting hacked to death by a bad ass with a sword I would be happy.

Thread Information