Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the record I think the spurs are a top 4 seed next year. that said, our super loser duo's capped at the first round. we have to move one of them this offseason, preferably derozan. I hope he does molly or coke this offseason and fails a drug test so we could cut him tbh

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are going to load up on Curry and dare the others to knock down shots- something that Golden State has had major issues with outside of Klay and KD. Their offense is gona struggle and their defense is going to be worse without Klay, KD, and possibly Livingston-if waived.
    Yeah GS didn't have major success until they signed Livingston. If they cut Livingston it's a big mistake, it means they're going to run Curry into the ground and he's bound to get hurt or wear down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah GS didn't have major success until they signed Livingston. If they cut Livingston it's a big mistake, it means they're going to run Curry into the ground and he's bound to get hurt or wear down.
    They won't cut him but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't cut him but

Read somewhere that if they cut him then they save $20 million. Probably makes sense to cut him then sign a vet guard that can shoot for a lot less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read somewhere that if they cut him then they save $20 million. Probably makes sense to cut him then sign a vet guard that can shoot for a lot less.
    He's been saying that his body is breaking down all year long and that he has been considering retirement since April before the Playoffs.

I mean he is only 34 but when you have practically snapped your knee in two when younger,it will shorten your career even if you managed to make a comeback.

If they want to cut him he's retiring.But why would he put his body through another NBA season without Klay and KD? GSW saves their money and Livingston saves his body.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    livingston said he’s seriously considering retirement but may play one more year. i do think the warriors will cut him loose.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little guards who can shoot are a dime a dozen... Livingston is unique because he's a 6'7" Andre Miller basically, a guy who can distribute like the best of them, post up and dominate smaller guys in the paint, and his length provides a heck of a lift to their second unit on defense as well. He is invaluable despite the fact his range is limited to 16-17 feet. He is an old school player and arguably the last of his kind left in today's NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ����������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to have to improve beyond just Murray and Walker. If their goal is just to make the playoffs, they don't have to do a ton. Upgrading the fifth starter from Forbes and especially the fourth starter from Poeltl probably gets it done. Ideally you have a rotation of:

White, Forbes
    Murray, Walker
    DeRozan, (Point-SF)
    (3/D PF), Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

Thing is, I think they could legit draft someone who could fill at least that bench blank. This is a great front court draft, maybe the best I can think of in terms of possible depth. I don't want to see the Spurs piss it away chasing a minor upgrade.

This is what I propose:

Mills, Metu, Belinelli and Bertans and 19 for Batum, 12 and two future seconds.

Batum's a terrible contract, but with the Spurs getting rid of Mills, he's only $10 Million in extra money. That's worth the jump in draft stock. Batum can come off the bench and had some ball-handling, and if the Spurs draft Doumbouya at 12, Nic would probably be a good mentor to have. Then you draft Wyndler at 29 to be that shooter you can plug in if the guys can't space the floor (very possible) and as a potential successor to Gay or Batum. Then you use 49 on Matthews, Okeke or Porter or a guard who can eventually rise up to replace Forbes. Then in free agency, you give Gay a two-year deal totaling about $28 Million. Then you try to pry Aminu over for a two-year MLE deal. You also sign a vet PG to platoon in case the young guards can't handle it. Round out the roster by signing on Eubanks, and that leaves:

White, Forbes, Vet PG
    Murray, Walker, (Second-Round Pick)
    DeRozan, Batum, Windler
    Aminu, Gay, Doumbouya
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Eubanks

That feels like a very well-balanced club. Just sign another big and guard as two-way depth. They can afford to wait on a guy to heal up for 2020. They'll still have some mildly tradeable contracts if they want to make a win-now trade, and if they fail and decide to blow it up, they still have a future. They do all that, and they stay under the tax. Here's the Capulator link: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...34576339348682
    I would do that if SA got to keep 19...it’s sort of the opposite of my trade with CHA; this is more of a win now move hopefully while mine included moving DeRozan and not pushing as hard (while keeping the draft assets)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs will never survive next season w/o KD and Klay. Everyone will take turns bukkakeing them for funsies tbh. And they'll have a great time watching them cry. Curry will probably "injure" his ankle and sit out half the year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    livingston said he’s seriously considering retirement but may play one more year. i do think the warriors will cut him loose.
    Dubs won't mind. He's really bad now.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...un-livingston/

Wins above replacement projection: -0.4 (that's worse than a replacement level player.)
    CATEGORY: SCRUB

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs won't mind. He's really bad now.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...un-livingston/

Wins above replacement projection: -0.4 (that's worse than a replacement level player.)
    CATEGORY: SCRUB
    Livingston was unplayable in playoffs as he fell off a cliff. He’ll almost certainly retire.

Given partially or nonguaranteed contracts only count for guaranteed portion in trades under the new CBA, the Warriors would be able to take back a sizeable contract in a trade if they move him before the league year starts. That team could cut him for $2mm after July 1. Correct me if I’m wrong on that.

Add in the taxpayer (?) MLE and and possibly 1-2 disabled player exceptions that will be one-year MLE, this could be an opportunity for GS to reload a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far only LAL improved, and we don't know how much until they sign somebody. And maybe -maybe- NO with Zion.
    DAL is a question mark, Luka is not a novelty anymore, it is no guaranteed he'll have a star season and Porz was out for ages, so they might miss again the playoffs.

As of now, LAL for SA is quite reasonable, but by mid-July time everything might change massively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far only LAL improved, and we don't know how much until they sign somebody. And maybe -maybe- NO with Zion.
    DAL is a question mark, Luka is not a novelty anymore, it is no guaranteed he'll have a star season and Porz was out for ages, so they might miss again the playoffs.

As of now, LAL for SA is quite reasonable, but by mid-July time everything might change massively.
    That's the right perspective... until all of the major moves happen next month we just don't know.... lots of questions right now...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are spurs getting this off season? If spurs not bringing a nice addition they not making the playoffs! Don't count on Murray to improve the team...
    good post

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Degoat still doesn't think Laker is any good, though

Thread Information