Page 31 of 110 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another issue here -- the Spurs owe their fans some kind of an explanation (even if not a full one).

The Spurs are in a vulnerable position. They're doing surprising well early on but they can't afford trust issues at this point. Arrogance is no longer an acceptable answer.

They are very well aware that people aren't coming to the games.
    Incorrect. Attendance is up +1300 from last year so far.

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is 19.

My moneys on it being a Tiger Woods type of situation, but instead of old Dennys waitresses, it was underage girls.

He’s also going to use the TW playbook and frame it as an addiction issue.

Fits all the puzzle pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incorrect. Attendance is up +1300 from last year so far.
    lol almost year after covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have had what 2 home games and were widely expected, including by Vegas, to suck. It'll be more if we are a .500 team 30 games into the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever it was, a little gossipy broad like you will let us know!
    .butthurt because your dumb thread got on.

Maybe you should go pray some more. That'll totally help!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its one thing to reach on a guy 12th overall...but then to dump him a year and a half later with no explanation.... Go Spurs Go

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .butthurt because your dumb thread got on.

Maybe you should go pray some more. That'll totally help!
    The fact prayer means nothing to you is telling…….byeeeeee!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact prayer means nothing to you is telling…….byeeeeee!
    The fact that you believe in sky wizards and think I give a what some judgmental jeebo thinks is even more telling I'm sure you can ask sky daddy for help managing your emotions during this very triggering time for you. Lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb. Jeff’s next tweet:

The following are all mammals:

Lions
    Meerkats
    Whales
    Squirrels
    Dog

Sure, they’re all mammals, but each has its own context behind them.

It really is. Because on the flip side you could also do this:

Murray - 4 firsts and an Allstar appearance
    White - 1 first and Richardson
    Johnson - starter and leader
    Vassell - starter and potential MIP candidate
    Jones - starter - selected in the second round
    Sochan - starter

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just a reminder of how many morons, political weeds and religious s we have on this forum. Give it the rest of the week and this thread should break the top 10 here for most collective stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really is. Because on the flip side you could also do this:

Murray - 4 firsts and an Allstar appearance
    White - 1 first and Richardson
    Johnson - starter and leader
    Vassell - starter and potential MIP candidate
    Jones - starter - selected in the second round
    Sochan - starter
    Johnson - starter, leader, and an Allstar appearance … by season’s end tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have had what 2 home games and were widely expected, including by Vegas, to suck. It'll be more if we are a .500 team 30 games into the season.
    I don’t think it’ll be materially different but you probably have to normalize these figures or make some form of adjustment for covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also

Sochan - all team defense in his rookie year. Let’s gooooooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody going at Atl Spur for his strong/supportive views on Primo but let’s remember he was high on Josh Primo’s basketball skill set and to a lesser extent PATFO’s prowess to draft and develop young talent; whatever went down these last few days doesn’t necessarily confirm he was wrong… hate to use this term but this is obviously bigger than basketball for Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems whatever occurred, it also shocked the Spurs organization. In Primo's statement, he's stated that he was seeking help for a previous trauma and I assume the Spurs were aware of this issue since NBA teams generally do their due diligence. If I were to speculate, it was a suicide attempt. Given his age and the seriousness of such an action, it's the only thing that makes sense and would reconcile with Primo's comments.
    They wouldn’t waive him, and remove all of his merch from online stores for a suicide attempt. You’re like the 3rd or 4th idiot to post this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody going at Atl Spur for his strong/supportive views on Primo but let’s remember he was high on Josh Primo’s basketball skill set and to a lesser extent PATFO’s prowess to draft and develop young talent; whatever went down these last few days doesn’t necessarily confirm he was wrong… hate to use this term but this is obviously bigger than basketball for Primo.
    Nope. Not going after him for that at all...it was the tsk tsk tsk thing he did while being supportive that rubbed peeps the wrong way. And he wasn't the only one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn’t waive him, and remove all of his merch from online stores for a suicide attempt. You’re like the 3rd or 4th idiot to post this.
    Yeah you have to think both sides are getting ahead of something here but i’ll qualify that point with this organization sets a very high bar for character and these days they probably have zero tolerance for things that may not even be that nefarious.

Primo was never a good enough prospect for managing any side shows to begin with, however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people are going at him because he's being a head for no reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another issue here -- the Spurs owe their fans some kind of an explanation (even if not a full one).

The Spurs are in a vulnerable position. They're doing surprising well early on but they can't afford trust issues at this point. Arrogance is no longer an acceptable answer.

They are very well aware that people aren't coming to the games.
    That’s not even remotely true. There could also be legal exposure for the Spurs for doing so, depending on what the situation really is.

People need to grow up. You’re not en led in any way shape or form to be told what happened. We’ll find out what we find out, but considering it basically took 9 years to find out that the real reason Jack was cut was that he was banging Amy Duncan, it could be a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two years after COVID. Last year was the year after COVID. Attendance numbers from last year (for every team) look close to what their numbers were pre-COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that you believe in sky wizards and think I give a what some judgmental jeebo thinks is even more telling I'm sure you can ask sky daddy for help managing your emotions during this very triggering time for you. Lmao
    You can tell a lot about people based on how the handle issues of belief and faith. Some find comfort in it while others only find joy in trying to destroy someone else's. I'm sorry you feel so strongly against faith. I mean sincerely that I care for you and I will pray for you. I will pray that God can turn your heart, but if He doesn't, that He will at least soften your spirit to those who don't share your beliefs. Blessings friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mystery behind Primo has brought all types of topics in this thread. What’s next? We gonna talk climate change?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can tell a lot about people based on how the handle issues of belief and faith. Some find comfort in it while others only find joy in trying to destroy someone else's. I'm sorry you feel so strongly against faith. I mean sincerely that I care for you and I will pray for you. I will pray that God can turn your heart, but if He doesn't, that He will at least soften your spirit to those who don't share your beliefs. Blessings friend
    off with that condescending bull . I don't give two s about your faith or how what nonsense you falsely attribute to those who don't subscribe to your mythology. You jeebo s are in insufferable with that bull

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not even remotely true. There could also be legal exposure for the Spurs for doing so, depending on what the situation really is.

People need to grow up. You’re not en led in any way shape or form to be told what happened. We’ll find out what we find out, but considering it basically took 9 years to find out that the real reason Jack was cut was that he was banging Amy Duncan, it could be a while.
    Normally I agree that we're not en led. I tend to say that over just about anything these days. No ones really en led to anything.

I got to say though, I feel like this team does owe some kind of explanation when you make such an drastic move just days from picking up his option and praising his long term fit with the franchise. This team is supported heavily by the people and exists at all of ours expense.

There absolutely should be a sense of accountability to the fans.

I don't see telling us one day that he's your franchise and to embrace his high character, salt of the earth pillar of the community persona that they're selling us only to turn around and waive him while expecting us to be completely in the dark.

tbh they owe the fans more than they owe Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You miss the point. Not saying anyone is en led.

It's in the Spurs' self-interest as business to be as up front as possible (although, of course, the situation may dictate some constraints).

The Jack analogy is inapt -- Jack was a guy the Spurs originally picked up for nothing after he was cut by another team. Primo was a first round pick presented by the Spurs to their fans as a possible centerpiece.

Thread Information