Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2741
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop can compare Forbes to Curry to try and help pump him up and install confidence, I can see him touting Primo's character to try and give him confidence knowing his struggles and knowing some of what has happened. That is one thing I have noticed and wondered about. It seems like Pop goes out of his way to praises the guys that might need some confidence and are actually borderline to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's totally fine, but what you're missing is the Spurs lauding this guy as the franchise and literally making him a poster boy for the organization only to do a 180 and claim "meh, he's a whiff." Do you not see how disingenuous that seems?
    I dont think many posters claimed he was going to be amazing much less the face of the franchise so you're conflating two different sets of people doing two different sets of things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were aware of Primo’s proclivities when they drafted him, that would certainly be grounds for the ownership group to can the person or persons that approved ignoring that bit of information. That detail will likely come out during discovery for the civil action(s) that are, or will be pending. Every woman who has been subjected to a drive-by ing by Primo will be looking for a piece of the money, and the more the Spurs knew when he was employed, the bigger the financial hit to the team.

The alleged Prep School incident(s) could have been buried by the schools because that’s been common practice when dealing with school athletic stars…. Send them on their way & hope nobody sues the school. Well meaning but wrong! Come down hard on them early and maybe they get the message! At this stage it’s too late. He’ll either do something worse, or he’ll flash the wrong person and get shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were aware of Primo’s proclivities when they drafted him, that would certainly be grounds for the ownership group to can the person or persons that approved ignoring that bit of information. That detail will likely come out during discovery for the civil action(s) that are, or will be pending. Every woman who has been subjected to a drive-by ing by Primo will be looking for a piece of the money, and the more the Spurs knew when he was employed, the bigger the financial hit to the team.

The alleged Prep School incident(s) could have been buried by the schools because that’s been common practice when dealing with school athletic stars…. Send them on their way & hope nobody sues the school. Well meaning but wrong! Come down hard on them early and maybe they get the message! At this stage it’s too late. He’ll either do something worse, or he’ll flash the wrong person and get shot.
    Good points. I'd take issue with one point though. If it's at all true that he was kicked out of his prep school, even if it was buried as to the cause, it's in bent on the spurs to verify why that happened due to the myriad of ways that expulsion could foretell future criminal behavior as an employee. If the school won't tell you, you interview Primo pre-draft. If he tells you something, you seek confirmation with the school or other sources. If he's lying you don't draft him. If he tells you it was for flashing, then you do not draft him...especially at 12, AS A REACH.

It's the one aspect of the report from earlier that sticks in my craw. As that reporter alludes, if it was easy for him to find out the story, it should have been easy for an NBA franchise eith far greater resources to uncover that information.

And again, IF true, it's damning information that for me practixally guarantees that heads, maybe significant heads, will roll. That's why I say the Spurs franchise as we've known them for the last 24 years is at risk of profound change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. I'd take issue with one point though. If it's at all true that he was kicked out of his prep school, even if it was buried as to the cause, it's in bent on the spurs to verify why that happened due to the myriad of ways that expulsion could foretell future criminal behavior as an employee. If the school won't tell you, you interview Primo pre-draft. If he tells you something, you seek confirmation with the school or other sources. If he's lying you don't draft him. If he tells you it was for flashing, then you do not draft him...especially at 12, AS A REACH.

It's the one aspect of the report from earlier that sticks in my craw. As that reporter alludes, if it was easy for him to find out the story, it should have been easy for an NBA franchise eith far greater resources to uncover that information.

And again, IF true, it's damning information that for me practixally guarantees that heads, maybe significant heads, will roll. That's why I say the Spurs franchise as we've known them for the last 24 years is at risk of profound change.
    alot riding on the investigation for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be great if some heads gon roll so the Spurs get better in the background check department, so they can get back to making better decisions on draft night. As of recently they made some questionable picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't hear what El Hassan said so not disputing it, but keep in mind he's quite possibly the most notorious Spurs hater in the media.

Former Suns video guy during the 7SOL era, has constantly taken shots at them over the years because he's bitter and jealous over their success, particularly in '07.

Guy was literally tearing up when the Warriors won in '15 because he thought the 7SOL Suns were validated in some way.

The current structure of the front office has some holes in it. Pop and R.C. are semi-checked out regarding the actual draft process and mistakes have been made with the current GM.
    We don't know that, and the reality is, the cracks in the armor began almost immediately following Duncan's retirement, which predated Wright.

People just want to blame the (half) black man.

I'm not missing that. We know the Spurs like Primo and had high hopes for him. But he was a whiff, the Spurs have more picks and we all can move on in a basketball sense.
    But he comes on the heels of years of poor asset management and a bunch of first round picks that they got little to nothing out of.

They also apparently thought he had the highest ceiling of all of the youth from Murray on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not missing that. We know the Spurs like Primo and had high hopes for him. But he was a whiff, the Spurs have more picks and we all can move on in a basketball sense.
    Some of us can. Some of us never can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is the type of player that I do not want to overpay on a second contract. Nice role player, but bigs like him are not people you swing at.

Not saying he’s a terrible pick in the mid first. But you can only put one of his type on court at a time, and that’s limiting.
    If I had to go back and draft 2021 again, armed only with pre-draft knowledge, I’d probably take a swing at Grimes. During his college time, he had stints as both primary scorer and main distributor. Not a bad defender either, both from the analytics standpoint, and the fact that he played as a rookie for Thibs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to go back and draft 2021 again, armed only with pre-draft knowledge, I’d probably take a swing at Grimes. During his college time, he had stints as both primary scorer and main distributor. Not a bad defender either, both from the analytics standpoint, and the fact that he played as a rookie for Thibs.
    Agree, he could be one of the better guys drafted from when the Spurs went on the clock. The fact that Herb Jones will probably have the longest career of anyone drafted from 12 onwards tells you how weak the draft looks in retrospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, he could be one of the better guys drafted from when the Spurs went on the clock. The fact that Herb Jones will probably have the longest career of anyone drafted from 12 onwards tells you how weak the draft looks in retrospect.
    Yet we reached into the 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea why some people are Spurfan in the first place.
    Maybe it has something to do with the five championships and tradition of excellence for over 20 years? And now the franchise is a dumpster fire and it's kinda funny by contrast?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it has something to do with the five championships and tradition of excellence for over 20 years? And now the franchise is a dumpster fire and it's kinda funny by contrast?
    Neph wrecked us. Need a voodoo doll some rum, and a witch doctor to end his bad mojo on this team and organization

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude if it comes out in discovery that vassell was holding the video camera

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    Among the questions posed to Pop: When was the club first aware of allegations that Primo had exposed himself to women, and if they were credible, why wasn't he suspended immediately?

Also, how many alleged incidents were there and where and when did they happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike
    @PowerlinePunk
    ·
    3h
    Replying to Tom_orsborn
    and matthew_Tynan
    The fact they keep deflecting with generic “our statement stands” type of responses makes me think they might be in deeper legal trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs 2023 champs 210RaisedMe
    ·
    3h
    Replying to
    @PowerlinePunk
    Tom_orsborn
    and matthew_Tynan
    But this is exactly why somebody in the front office needs to come out and address it the more they’re quiet the more people are just gonna keep speculating. It’s not on Pop to talk about this issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks
    BobbyMarks42
    ·
    Oct 28
    It was just 2 weeks ago that San Antonio exercised the 3rd year (2023-24) team option for Josh Primo.

He is under contract for $4.1M and $4.3M.

He is eligible to be claimed with room or an exception but a team will have to do its diligence on why the 19-year old was waived.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO was obviously prioritizing character. It’s not that they were signing a hooligan and got burned. They drafted someone who appeared mature and respectable to everyone. Obviously, it was a bad pick, but until a few days ago it was only bad because he was mediocre at basketball. Now it looks horrendous. But life is strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other side, the Spurs seem like an organization that tries to keep everything in house to avoid any whiff of bad press. Put simply, I’m guessing they have covered up a lot in the past. Now, I’m afraid they’re about to get burned, but we’ll see. Hopefully the FO didn’t cover up and expose themselves to further damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO was obviously prioritizing character. It’s not that they were signing a hooligan and got burned. They drafted someone who appeared mature and respectable to everyone. Obviously, it was a bad pick, but until a few days ago it was only bad because he was mediocre at basketball. Now it looks horrendous. But life is strange.
    the things is though, all the other guys we have are also high characters, good at basketball and not rapey....so it's not like the spurs have a bad strategy. They do seem susceptible to getting too clever with "hidden gems" but they still are doing ok for their draft positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan thinking that the Primo situation is going to hurt the Spurs organization is laughable. This is the NBA...it'll get swept under the rug. How many times have we've seen players do terrible things...Jr Smith killing his friend, Kobe raping, etc...those organizations are still standing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan thinking that the Primo situation is going to hurt the Spurs organization is laughable. This is the NBA...it'll get swept under the rug. How many times have we've seen players do terrible things...Jr Smith killing his friend, Kobe raping, etc...those organizations are still standing.
    Depends if the organization was trying to keep it under wraps and enabling anything. The Kobe situation for example was all Kobe. The Spurs organization isn’t going under but people could lose their jobs. Sound better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends if the organization was trying to keep it under wraps and enabling anything. The Kobe situation for example was all Kobe. The Spurs organization isn’t going under but people could lose their jobs. Sound better?
    there is no crime for "keeping it under wraps" the liability is for culture of sexual harassment, and the spurs would need to know he did it, he would keep doing it, and the spurs would have had to do nothing. If the spurs knew he did it, did not think it was a crime (consent or denial), and told him not to do it...they are probably ok. will it suck to get sued? yeah, but that's why you expect early settlement. The victims don't want to go though discovery either.

Finally i'd defer to actual lawyers, but emotional distress is not a main damages element. it's more of a tack on. the worse thing for primo is if they seek a criminal action but given his age and lack of physical crime it's not likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike the Dallas situation, which this is absolutely NOT, the player in question was here for just over a year. Mark Cuban was looking the other way regarding a sexual predator in his front office for 20 YEARS - the team President! Essentually the same level as RC Buford. Cubes paid some people off, and got away with it. Mavies also had a team photographer also harassed women who worked for the team. Apples compared to oranges.

Thread Information