Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Blake escapes a serious injury and comes back soon, I think he will be the starting PG by the end of the season. Even if he should start by then and Pop decides to have him in the second unit role, this kid has game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should consider to tank harder. Houston and Nets are doing a great job in this aspect and they will have a contending team shortly. Even Pacer is tanking with Mathurin being drafted (who could have been drafted by Spurs if Spurs didn’t try to win meaningless game)

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs should consider to tank harder. Houston and Nets are doing a great job in this aspect and they will have a contending team shortly. Even Pacer is tanking with Mathurin being drafted (who could have been drafted by Spurs if Spurs didn’t try to win meaningless game)
    Nets dont even own their picks until 2028

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets dont even own their picks until 2028
    They technically have 2 FRPs in 2023.

Houston has the right to swap with them. And they own the 76ers pick outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as Mathurin looks so far, I’d still much rather have Sochan especially given the make up of this team. And his personality meshes so well with KJ that I’m excited for those two off the court as much as on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Them “tanking” has no bearing on their pick though is the point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug McDermott on the Spurs' ball movement: "...It’s just contagious when you have a great culture, and it carries onto the floor. As a 30-year-old whose been on like six or seven teams, I haven’t had this much fun playing basketball. It’s been a joy to be a part of.”

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McBuckets has been very helpful this year.

Blake: MCL strain?

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Blake is a weeks type absence not months. Such a massive opportunity to develop this season missing significant time would be a bummer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug McDermott on the Spurs' ball movement: "...It’s just contagious when you have a great culture, and it carries onto the floor. As a 30-year-old whose been on like six or seven teams, I haven’t had this much fun playing basketball. It’s been a joy to be a part of.”
    That’s cool to know

and he’s excelling in the system so far. I definitely like him off the bench too,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely helps make the beautiful game so much easier because of the spacing he brings guys have to honor his shot so they can’t crowd the paint.

On the flip side I can see the Flakers making some calls to the Spurs in the next two weeks with there current record they need to do something ASAP if they don’t then they have decided to throw in the towel this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely helps make the beautiful game so much easier because of the spacing he brings guys have to honor his shot so they can’t crowd the paint.

On the flip side I can see the Flakers making some calls to the Spurs in the next two weeks with there current record they need to do something ASAP if they don’t then they have decided to throw in the towel this year
    As much as I want to tank and want to get the Jokers 2 FR picks, I'd bet pop would feel atrocious sending guys like Poeltl, Richardson, and McBucket over to them and that show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I heard Pop say Romeo is the team’s best 1on1 defender in the postgame

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. We are playing good basketball.
    That's the problem. The other problem is that the Spurs, as good as they are playing now, are no where near being contenders for anything other than the play in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only have one pick. They get the better of Philly's pick and (the worse of theirs and Houston's pick). Houston gets the best of their pick or Brooklyn's pick, and Utah gets the worst of the three. Marks pissed that pick away on Royce O'Neal right before Durant asked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only have one pick. They get the better of Philly's pick and (the worse of theirs and Houston's pick). Houston gets the best of their pick or Brooklyn's pick, and Utah gets the worst of the three. Marks pissed that pick away on Royce O'Neal right before Durant asked out.
    Gotcha!

Thought it looked too good for them considering their recent deals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I heard Pop say Romeo is the team’s best 1on1 defender in the postgame
    Wow. That is great to hear coming from Pop (if you heard that right). I thought his defense was good while watching the game, but after reading Timvp's grades, his defense was even better than I thought at first glance while watching the game.

I wonder if Romeo was at any point close to being cut during the preseason? It seems that a lot of people thought he might be released as we weren't hearing anything about him and he wasn't getting much run. People were saying it didn't seem like he wanted to be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I peeked at the RGM Wolves subforum. They seemed to have settled on this being a fluke game. Feels absurd that they can think that after dropping game 1 and needing insane shooting to win game 2. I get they think Gobert makes them a contender, but I think Utah hoodwinked them. Dude always gets run off the court for a reason. He got repeatedly wrecked by shorter players. They should've tossed in two picks for Poeltl instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not convinced Flasher would have made this team better. They don’t miss him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I peeked at the RGM Wolves subforum. They seemed to have settled on this being a fluke game. Feels absurd that they can think that after dropping game 1 and needing insane shooting to win game 2. I get they think Gobert makes them a contender, but I think Utah hoodwinked them. Dude always gets run off the court for a reason. He got repeatedly wrecked by shorter players. They should've tossed in two picks for Poeltl instead.
    I think they've beaten LAL, us once, OKC twice. I'd be a bit concerned if I were them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were thinking the final cut would be between Romeo and Weiskamp and with good reason. In the pre-season Langford seemed disinterested and passive. Now that the regular season is here is playing well. Kind of harkens back to Robert Horry in the regular season turning it on in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Romeo situation is fascinating. He was awful and disinterested then turned it on. As others commented way earlier, he could be a classic Pop reclamation project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Romeo situation is fascinating. He was awful and disinterested then turned it on. As others commented way earlier, he could be a classic Pop reclamation project.
    Isn't this a contract year for him? Dude needs to get his act together if he wants another contract next year. Seems Pop has lit a fire under his butt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly he didn’t think he would be cut and a $urvival instinct kicked in. It will be interesting to see where this goes. If he’s a player, it will make trading J Rich a lot easier. At this moment I don’t see them doing any Yak or McBuckets trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Langford is a great defender, but he's still to passive on offense. The kid got an offensive game too and should let it fly from 3. Could be a good 3-and-D guy if he shoots a decent percentage from long range

Thread Information