Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Carter-Williams was traded in his second season.
    https://www.inquirer.com/philly/spor...outputType=amp

very strange Trade. Was it SC reduction?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He couldn’t shoot. It wasn’t just the 3 ball. His overal FG% was around 40. He’s no longer in the league, at 31.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I did remember his %. He was one if the weakest ROTY all time. Even that … trading ROTY without massive great price ( pick 2x protected ) seems bad. I can understand trying to make a price higher for Trade. One pick wasnt any good return. Remember ROTY very solid with some promise to fix shot ( he was badly all career but who knew it in season 2?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Lakers will get desperate now with AD being out for a month or more, as he was the main reason they were inching closer to .500 to begin with. Their season might be over because i guarantee they're going on a losing streak

The narrative that Westbrook has been good off the bench has been squashed now that we've had a larger sample size, and he's clearly hurting them immensely. Wonder if Jak/Richardson/McNugget are looking more favorable to them now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, moving Westbrook to the bench was the right move and he's been fairly effective. He's not the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, moving Westbrook to the bench was the right move and he's been fairly effective. He's not the problem.
    He was... for the first few games.

Per a realgm post.
    He's got that narrative based off his superb (to his standards) initial 6 game stretch off the bench (2-4 record):

19.3pts, 6ast, 5.3reb, 1stl, 0.7blk on 62.8%TS (51/48/79) in 29.2mpg

Since then:
    He's been averaging 13.6pts, 8.4ast, 6.4reb, 0.9stl on 44.9%TS (38/23/62) in 27.7mpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not really seeing a huge problem there. He's not the problem on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not really seeing a huge problem there. He's not the problem on the roster.
    Sure, he's not the only problem on that roster.

But I'm not sure how u can look at a player with his stats at a 28% usg rate and say he's been effective.

That post forgot to mention a career high turnover rate at 19.3%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shooting 10% lower than league average TS% while making the same low IQ decisions he always along with being a turnstile on defense while playing 27mpg off the bench. He's a huge part of the problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine. Don't really give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns getting sold... my guess is their new owner is going to be less concerned about the tax and the Suns aren't going to be a salary dump trade partner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns getting sold... my guess is their new owner is going to be less concerned about the tax and the Suns aren't going to be a salary dump trade partner.
    It sucks for the Suns because I thought if they could make some trades they had a legit chance this year - With Paul getting a year older I see that window closing real fast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I disagree. I think the Suns are positioned well for a long time with all their pieces. Could you imagine if they picked Halliburton, hot damn!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about a hypothetical Jakob-wiseman swap and looking at GWG assets. If I’m reading this right, they can’t really trade for anything sooner than the GSW 26 FRP. Is that right?

Warriors owe their “2024 first round draft pick to Memphis protected for selections 1-4 in 2024 and 1 in 2025 and unprotected in 2026.’

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about a hypothetical Jakob-wiseman swap and looking at GWG assets. If I’m reading this right, they can’t really trade for anything sooner than the GSW 26 FRP. Is that right?

Warriors owe their “2024 first round draft pick to Memphis protected for selections 1-4 in 2024 and 1 in 2025 and unprotected in 2026.’
    If those are the protections then it looks like 2028 would be their 1st tradable pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been thinking about trades this afternoon (admittedly there's not much there so I'm stretching a bit with this one) and I've been looking at the Pelicans. They're in a position where they feel like they have a shot in the west and have shown some interest in Jak in the past. From our perspective of wanting two 1st's or equivalent for Jak the only things that they have that look interesting and aren't contributing for them in a ' le or bust' way are the LA swap they hold and Dyson. So I'm asking myself how much it'd take to add to Jak and how much I'd be willing to give up to get that package. I'd propose something like this:

Spurs- Dyson, their 1st with the LA swap rights, Hayes (salary ballast)
    Pels- Jak, 2023 Charlotte 1st, our 2023 2nd

What would you give up for that Pelican package? What do you think it would take to get that package?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2028, then, since the possibility exists for their 2026 pick to go out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been thinking about trades this afternoon (admittedly there's not much there so I'm stretching a bit with this one) and I've been looking at the Pelicans. They're in a position where they feel like they have a shot in the west and have shown some interest in Jak in the past. From our perspective of wanting two 1st's or equivalent for Jak the only things that they have that look interesting and aren't contributing for them in a ' le or bust' way are the LA swap they hold and Dyson. So I'm asking myself how much it'd take to add to Jak and how much I'd be willing to give up to get that package. I'd propose something like this:

What would you give up for that Pelican package? What do you think it would take to get that package?
    Why do people keep bringing up New Orleans? They already have a starting center. I don't understand why this continues to be a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep bringing up New Orleans? They already have a starting center. I don't understand why this continues to be a thing.
    Chunis is pretty much their weak link defensively. He can shoot the 3, but utterly fails on switches on the perimeter, so he’s not really a modern center. Their counting stats are pretty similar, Jonas with with 13.7/9.3 PER 19.6 and Jak with 12.9/9.9 PER 21.2, but Jak is head and shoulders above him as a defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If those are the protections then it looks like 2028 would be their 1st tradable pick.
    Wow, that’s wild. If true protections on these picks is really going to complicate deals. It seems like protections like these have proliferated in recent years.

Think about that CHA pick we own. That basically means CHA can’t trade a pick until 2028 (unless they trade to another team the rights to the unprotected part of the pick the spurs own now).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chunis is pretty much their weak link defensively. He can shoot the 3, but utterly fails on switches on the perimeter, so he’s not really a modern center. Their counting stats are pretty similar, Jonas with with 13.7/9.3 PER 19.6 and Jak with 12.9/9.9 PER 21.2, but Jak is head and shoulders above him as a defender.
    Seems a lateral move at very best. I don't see giving up assets for a lateral move.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In what universe are the Pelicans trading their pick and swap with the Lakers with Wembanyama and Henderson available and the Lakers are a lotto team with Davis out for a month? Can they even trade that swap?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a lateral move at very best. I don't see giving up assets for a lateral move.
    It's not a lateral move.. it wouldn't be a lateral move if they gave up Jonas but in this scenario they get to keep him and shore up deficiencies...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what universe are the Pelicans trading their pick and swap with the Lakers with Wembanyama and Henderson available and the Lakers are a lotto team with Davis out for a month? Can they even trade that swap?
    Yes, they can trade that Laker swap....and you're asking the same question I'm asking.... what is the price to get them to do so? While everyone would love to have that 14% shot at Wembanyama not every team has to weigh that against the prospects of winning a championship this year... Nola is in that unique position and a le is a huge consideration...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that’s wild. If true protections on these picks is really going to complicate deals. It seems like protections like these have proliferated in recent years.

Think about that CHA pick we own. That basically means CHA can’t trade a pick until 2028 (unless they trade to another team the rights to the unprotected part of the pick the spurs own now).
    CHA can currently trade their 2027 pick, since their protections on the pick we own end in 2025. 1-16,1-14,1-14.

CHI PICK is more complicated. It’s a 3 year protection cycle, but we don’t currently know when it starts. They owe a pick to Orlando, and after last year when they played so well,the assumption was that the 1-4 protected pick would convey in 2023. They’re struggling though, and there’s a real chance that CHI might jump into the top 4, and keep the pick. If they do, their 2024 pick may go to Orlando, and our cycle changes from 2025-2027 to 2026-2028. It’s even a bit more complicated than that, though. The 2024 pick is 1-3 protected, and there is some buzz that CHI may just blow it up. If they do, and jump or stay in the top 3, they will convey 2 seconds to Orlando, BUT, they would not have traded a FRP, so we would go back in the 2025-2027 cycle.

Thread Information