Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These highlights look a bit more athletic than the last ones I watched.

I still don't think I'd call it elite athleticism. He's getting around inferior players with ease but I wouldn't characterize that as explosive.

He's smooth but his release looks low and slow.

I'm not sure I'd say he's fast either.
    Just telling ya what I see. Maybe they’re inferior players because he’s making them look inferior. Elite athleticism isn’t having a motor that lets you go 100% all the time a la Westbrook or even Shai. For example, Zion isn’t fast but people would still call him an athletic freak. Not many of the lottery projected players are close to Cam in terms of athleticism. Scoot is obviously there, but that’s about it. Edit: and those twins probably as well but they’re not natural shooters so I don’t rate them as highly as Cam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These highlights look a bit more athletic than the last ones I watched.

I still don't think I'd call it elite athleticism. He's getting around inferior players with ease but I wouldn't characterize that as explosive.

He's smooth but his release looks low and slow.

I'm not sure I'd say he's fast either.
    If you ever watched Diaw on the court, you’d never think of him as an elite athlete, but even being shorter and heavier, he cleared more slats on the vertical test than A’m’a’r’e’ did, all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eyepopping elite skillset and athleticism tbh
    Based on this I'm into it. Shades of Klaw and prime Rudy Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on this I'm into it. Shades of Klaw and prime Rudy Gay
    Just imagining a scenario where Wright drafts this guy over Wembanyama because he's the next neph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just imagining a scenario where Wright drafts this guy over Wembanyama because he's the next neph.
    Why you gotta go out and throw that bad mojo out... time to sage the forum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keyonte George separating himself from the pack

in terms of special talent aside from Wemba, I think there are three:

Keyonte George
    Scoot
    Cam Whitmore

the good thing is Keyonte and Cam could be nabbed as low as 5th or 6th.
    I'm pretty high on Whitmore... I don't see him falling below 5...I think George could be available between 7 and 12, although I personally have him at 8 right now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a scary probability. Hopefully PATFO has learned from the J Primo experiment that they aren’t smarter than everyone else but i’m sure PATFO has some Puppeteers ready to take the reigns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you ever watched Diaw on the court, you’d never think of him as an elite athlete, but even being shorter and heavier, he cleared more slats on the vertical test than A’m’a’r’e’ did, all of them.
    Those who watched him at Suns knows he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eyepopping elite skillset and athleticism tbh
    Strange thing about him is that he has great, fast ball handling but his shot and finishing, and even his passing actually, are pretty raw, not very fluid, which is a point of concern if you ask me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange thing about him is that he has great, fast ball handling but his shot and finishing, and even his passing actually, are pretty raw, not very fluid, which is a point of concern if you ask me...
    His shot is trending up. He shot 50% on eight attempts today. As far as passing goes, we have enough unselfish passers on our team.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-29-2023 at 08:37 PM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot is trending up. He shot 50% on eight attempts. As far as passing goes, we have enough unselfish passers on our team.
    Why do you think that low and slow release will translate?

It seems he’s going to require quite a bit of work to correct that.

This high up in the draft I want the least amount of a project as possible.

I’m not sour on the guy. Just trying to understand why people are so willing to overlook his shortcomings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think that low and slow release will translate?

It seems he’s going to require quite a bit of work to correct that.

This high up in the draft I want the least amount of a project as possible.

I’m not sour on the guy. Just trying to understand why people are so willing to overlook his shortcomings.
    Because right after supreme dominance at the college level, the next big bet is freakish athleticism which is something you can’t teach. And there’s no lottery prospect dominating in college right now.

strictly speaking of if we’re picking in the top 5. If we’re picking outside of that, the philosophy is different.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because right after supreme dominance at the college level, the next big bet is freakish athleticism which is something you can’t teach. And there’s no lottery prospect dominating in college right now.

strictly speaking of if we’re picking in the top 5. If we’re picking outside of that, the philosophy is different.
    I’ll reserve judgement on his freakish athleticism for now. I’m not feeling it but there’s a lot of time left.

Just based on my sample size I find Amen to be the better athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im probably in the very rare minority but I’m just not that big on Scoot. He could be the next Ja but he’s more like the next rose to me. Injuries are a concern. Fit with a small market team is a bigger concern. I’d still pick him number two but would look to trade him on his rookie deal if given the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom 3 es!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO he plays nothing like Ja. Ja’s an out of control jumping rabbit with infinite hang time. Scoot uses his hops much more selectively. And his game is predicated on anticipation moreso than Ja. Ja kills you with his speed and I’d argue is far too reliant on it, which won’t bode well for his game as he ages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoots a problem….. not even really worth debating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a scary probability. Hopefully PATFO has learned from the J Primo experiment that they aren’t smarter than everyone else but i’m sure PATFO has some Puppeteers ready to take the reigns.
    You trying to hard big guy���� Primo doesn’t play for the Spurs anymore, you must let that go ok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wait…WHAT? Whitmore’s wingspan is 7’3”? There’s no way… haven’t seen a wingspan-to-height ratio that large since Nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wait…WHAT? Whitmore’s wingspan is 7’3”? There’s no way… haven’t seen a wingspan-to-height ratio that large since Nephew.
    Shhhhhh. Pop and Wright will hear that and draft him at #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are a lot of high ceiling prospects in this draft. I've seen GG Jackson mocked as low as 13th. Like I said before, the Spurs should try hard to get another first round pick in this draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are a lot of high ceiling prospects in this draft. I've seen GG Jackson mocked as low as 13th. Like I said before, the Spurs should try hard to get another first round pick in this draft
    Almost impossible. No one is trading a lottery pick, and half of the non lottery picks have already been traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rayan Rupert. French, currently 18, but draft eligible. Playing in the Australian NBL. 6’6” with a 7’3” wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they better do it before draft day because if we manage to secure Wembanyama nobody will even think of trading with us to come back into the 1st round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rayan Rupert. French, currently 18, but draft eligible. Playing in the Australian NBL. 6’6” with a 7’3” wingspan.
    0.8 assists is pretty low for a guard.
    But he moves well with the ball.

Thread Information