Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2317
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. This kid is going to be the FACE of the Spurs and there is no question unless Wemby gets drafted and even then...

He is trending to special.
    Maybe Manu special.
    I know! Too soon, but it's there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably the only one or one of the few but there's some Kawhi-esque (2014-2015) how he moves esp. for a guy who's expected to be a defender first, utility or role player. To be fair, Kawhi went from being a defender first to be a main scorer and just occasionally defends if only needed.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he reads the game way advanced ahead of his age.. always looking to attack and help out in what ever ways he can.. in that aspect, he is unique

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs found another gem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably the only one or one of the few but there's some Kawhi-esque (2014-2015) how he moves esp. for a guy who's expected to be a defender first, utility or role player. To be fair, Kawhi went from being a defender first to be a main scorer and just occasionally defends if only needed.
    Sochan is lighter on his feet, Kawhi more powerful. Kawhi was a menace when he actually played defense. I only hope Sochan gets somewhere close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love watching this guy play - I was pretty skeptical based on the 20 minutes of Youtube highlights I watched after drafting him, lol, but the man is a joy to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi played with a championship team that played great defense, and allowed Kawhi to stay with his man. While Sochan needs to constantly help. I think once the other guys get better defensively, Sochan will be able to stay with his man, on top of getting stronger will become a better lockdown defender, not saying better than Kawhi, but it's possible. Like Kawhi, Sochan also works hard and very coachable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is lighter on his feet, Kawhi more powerful. Kawhi was a menace when he actually played defense. I only hope Sochan gets somewhere close.
    Actually I was wrong on Kawhi that he'll be an elite superstar on the way he moves like a bit of stiff and awkward but Kawhi is really naturally strong so not sure with Jeremy since haven't paid attention. lol Jeremy moves like fluid and smoother but if he improves big on offensive end, wow! My expectation on him is low prior to draft since I only see him as an complimentary player hence a lot of people wanted Eason over him since Eason is more athletic and better physical traits but questionable IQ so I wasn't really a fan of him and I'll still choose Sochan prior to draft regardless how Eason progress as well. Really happy how Jeremy progress in the short amount of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs found another gem
    Well about time...they hadn't found one in over a decade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how did he end up with 17 points for the whole game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned in the past that Sochan could be used as a Point Forward ala Bobo. But nobody expected he could play Point Guard. Where are the ST pundits who shoots down Pop for playimg guys out of position? If Sochan pans out as I think he would, it will be because Pop push them out of their comfort zone. Sochan would create mismatches against slower bigs and smaller defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 15 points in the 1st quarter, and a nifty midrange in the 2nd? But funny how Pop pulled him early, played Malaki and Blake to keep the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foul trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is a shame cause the fourth one was a mistake from the ref’.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned in the past that Sochan could be used as a Point Forward ala Bobo. But nobody expected he could play Point Guard. Where are the ST pundits who shoots down Pop for playimg guys out of position? If Sochan pans out as I think he would, it will be because Pop push them out of their comfort zone. Sochan would create mismatches against slower bigs and smaller defenders.
    There is a difference between playing a player out of position where he may have advantages and there are lessons to be learned as is the case with Sochan moonlighting as a PG versus Keldon, DDR and Vassell playing the 4 where they have no compe ibe advantage and the only thing they learn is that they aren’t capable of playing the 4.

Bobo is a great comparison for Sochan and what his point forward skills could develop into though.

The next experiment I want to see is if Sochan can comfortably play the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is a shame cause the fourth one was a mistake from the ref’.
    Yeah, I think that one was actually on Keldon.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean...since when in recent memory has this team seemed good at/smart about keeping a hot hand going?

This has been an issue for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think that one was actually on Keldon.
    That was quite obvious on the replay, and Sean and Bill were almost certain it would be removed. But I agree on the fact that Pop kept him out of the game on purpose to secure the L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between playing a player out of position where he may have advantages and there are lessons to be learned as is the case with Sochan moonlighting as a PG versus Keldon, DDR and Vassell playing the 4 where they have no compe ibe advantage and the only thing they learn is that they aren’t capable of playing the 4.

Bobo is a great comparison for Sochan and what his point forward skills could develop into though.

The next experiment I want to see is if Sochan can comfortably play the 3.
    But of course you know when exactly not to push a player out of their comfort zone to learn new skills. You have more rings than PATFO. How else do you play Keldon with DJ, DDR, Poeltl in the line-up? PG? Or play him off the bench and pull his spirit back as non-starter and apparent replacement for DJ. (Not to confuse with Manu 6th man role on a championship team where he close). I don’t remember DDR playing the 4, must be another channel. I remember he played combo guard/SF and part-time facilitator, where he admitted greatly improved his game, well no thanks to Pop. I also don’t remember Vassell playing 4, geez I’m missing a lot of Spurs games, maybe on a small ball where Gay would also play C? If ever it’s based on the speed and size of the compe ion. For sure Pop would not wake up and decide to play Forbes at 4 because it wouldn’t make sense. Pop has 5 rings, you don’t so we just leave it at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Congratulations Jeremy. Something to watch. Scoot will be there too. A lot of teams will be watching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
    1m
    Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan has been selected to the NBA Rising Stars Game at All-Star Weekend.

Sochan is one of two rookies (Paolo Banchero) in the league this season with 400+ points, 200+ rebounds and 100+ assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congrats! (at least there'll be some spurs representation at the all-star break.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his Rodman look will get him invites (with the media playing on the similarities). But his plays will get him retun tickets. I’m comparing him to Vassell (and others) who didn’t get the invite as a sop re despite their increased production

Thread Information