Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any decent point guard, tbh.
    The point guard is the last piece.

The icing on the cake.

The Spurs need the cake (a versatile player 6'9" or taller).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand why the Spurs defense is this bad when most of our players are advertised as being above average to good defenders.

Can someone please explain that one to me ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand why the Spurs defense is this bad when most of our players are advertised as being above average to good defenders.

Can someone please explain that one to me ?
    It was the same last season as well.

Poetl has not been close to the defensive anchor he was last season, Tre Jones going against starters is no longer a defensive plus and I'm not convinced Vassell is the defender he is made out to be (really like him still).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs dont end up as one of the bottom 3 teams with that 14% chance at #1, then they ed up

with that said, both Keldon/Vassell are playing much better than i anticipated they could at this point, and when we have that full starting 5, these guys are capable of pulling off some improbable wins

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA tanking tbh. LAC - Vassell out after scoring 29 against them in 25 min.
    LAL - Jakob out against AD and nothing else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs dont end up as one of the bottom 3 teams with that 14% chance at #1, then they ed up

with that said, both Keldon/Vassell are playing much better than i anticipated they could at this point, and when we have that full starting 5, these guys are capable of pulling off some improbable wins

They may not win alot of games.if they're fully healthy they can compete with alot of teamss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. This is not a deep team. No chance of winning without Devin, Jakob, Keldon and Trey all in a rhythm. The loss of Collins and Primo kind of screwed these guys’ chances tbh. I think the Spurs truly had high hopes for Primo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. This is not a deep team. No chance of winning without Devin, Jakob, Keldon and Trey all in a rhythm. The loss of Collins and Primo kind of screwed these guys’ chances tbh. I think the Spurs truly had high hopes for Primo.
    I think the Spurs screwed up waiving Primo. Suspend him for the season, but don’t lose control of the asset. Especially since they have to pay him anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing primo didn’t hurt anything this year. He’s bad at basically every facet of the game. Maybe the spurs were right that they saw “face of the franchise” type stuff in his future but at present he looked nothing like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we started 5-2, and suddenly every game there’s a starter and rotation bench player out every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one thinks this team will make the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we started 5-2, and suddenly every game there’s a starter and rotation bench player out every game.
    Yeah, this is textbook tanking.
    I'm not saying current Spurs roster would make the playoffs this season, but they'd definitely be good enough to end up with 7th-12th pick, which is the worst case scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sniffers arent liking the smell this season

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But do you really think they’re playing at their potential? I mean it’s quite obvious they’re tanking? So how does anyone say they’re last in that or what? Of course they would be. They’re trying to lose
    Players don’t try to lose. They don’t give a about who the spurs draft next year. This team is just full of players that range from bad to inexperienced (Poeltl is like the one guy who’s pretty decent and knows what he’s doing).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players don’t try to lose. They don’t give a about who the spurs draft next year. This team is just full of players that range from bad to inexperienced (Poeltl is like the one guy who’s pretty decent and knows what he’s doing).
    But who’s out there though? When’s the last time they have a full crew, backup PG and all? How do you expect to win games like that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are only a couple of NBA teams that the spurs are equal to or better than talent wise, so its an uphill climb practically every game. Now take out a starter and it gets worse. Factor in injuries (real or fake) and now its even more non compe ive. The team does play hard but its quite difficult to win when you're handicapped practically every game. At the rate they are going, 25 wins is a rather lofty goal.

Thread Information