My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely horrible rotations from Pop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While and Lonnie can't initiate the offense it looks like. Our best point guard and our best scorer.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just have to keep reminding ourselves that this is ultimately what we want.

To get an actually talented player, we have to tank for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We can only hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So they can spend a few years in the G league getting over themselves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of posts in these game threads now. This is what it's like to be a lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of posts in these game threads now. This is what it's like to be a lottery team.
    yeah I thought everybody here is excited about our young team and enjoying every second of it ...

about this game ... first stint of Young and all stints involving Bryn Forbes were not helpful ... Bryn sucks so bad its pure slapstick comedy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good showing again from Murray, everyone else MIA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop screwing the Franchise worse than Kobe Bryant will actually turn out as a blessing. Tank this year and Tank next year for Top 5 to 7 draft picks. We set.
    Above all, tank next year for Victor W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I thought everybody here is excited about our young team and enjoying every second of it ...

about this game ... first stint of Young and all stints involving Bryn Forbes were not helpful ... Bryn sucks so bad its pure slapstick comedy
    unfortunately I’m old and can’t stay up that late to see the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my time standing up in the middle of the night to watch a Spurs regular season game is done since 2014 ... so i cannot join the game thread activities anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Games are 3 AM here...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spurs win some of these closer games of late with Portle as the starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Pop has done to this franchise is worse than what Kirby did to the Lakers during his last few seasons

This team will never even sniff relevancy until that old man stench is long gone. Unfortunately, it's looking like it'll take at least a decade.
    We have three starters for a playoff team, not counting the clear talents Primo has. Murray, Vassell, and maaaaybe Poeltl when his offense isn't criminally bad. We still are in desperate need of a PF and a C in my opinion. And then you have a starting 5. But that just gets you to the playoffs. To get back to championship level play, we need another star and a deep ass bench.

So in my book, if we draft a starting caliber PF or C (and trade Poeltl),we could potentially be in the playoffs in 2 yrs, but it'd just be fringe, first round exit stuff.

Every player on the roster not named Vassell, Primo, and Murray should be trade material to better the team. And Pop needs to retire after this year.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another star?

who's our first star?

without looking it up, i think the current championship formula is having at least 1 MVP-caliber player, 1 legitimate All Star, 1 guy who can play at an All Star level for short stretches (ie playoffs) but maybe not consistently ... and then 2 solid starters ... and at least 3 good bench players

right now i think DJM could be 3rd banana, maybe ...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need at least 1 HOF talent player (in their prime) to get to the Finals. For us, probably need an All Star level talent to just sniff the playoffs. Next year, DJ could be vague All Star buzz material but still wouldn't get in. So, we don't have any player on the team that is good enough to get us to the playoffs. DJ is probably already peaking, but I should hope he has at least another gear to turn up next year, maybe outside shooting. But other than that, we are going to be stuck where we are at for a while. I don't see Devin becoming a star, though hopefully he does. Primo has definite scoring chops, and that's what we have to hope for, that, and him not being a horrible defender.

We likely have a LONG road ahead of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another star?

who's our first star?

DJM is very close. His current stat line, this season, is 18.9 ppg, 8.1 apg, 8.1 rpg. Those are highly respectable numbers. With continued improvement, which seems possible, he could flirt with a triple-double average in a year or two.

One could say, empty stats on a lousy team, and that’s hard to counter because, yeah, the Spurs are a lousy team. Or one could point out his flaws, and it’s true he has some. But still, no matter what anybody says, those are good numbers. DJM could start on a winning team that’s compe ive in every game. At least the Spurs are not weak at every position.

Where the Spurs are weak, oh jeez, that’s a long discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is playing great. Yea,spurs suck but somebody has to have the ability to get those stats.The question is how much will it cost to resgin Dejounte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to get your debit cards ready and pay up for ESPN+ if you want to get excited for any young player outside of watching DJ, Vassell, and Poeltl develop nicely. With ESPN+ you will be able to watch Primo in austin games. Only $5.

this is a paid advertisement brought to you by Spurgstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop screwing the Franchise worse than Kobe Bryant will actually turn out as a blessing. Tank this year and Tank next year for Top 5 to 7 draft picks. We set.
    Y’all keep talking about draft picks but what is the ing point in drafting guys that Popovich is just gonna send to the G league? Help me understand that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM is very close. His current stat line, this season, is 18.9 ppg, 8.1 apg, 8.1 rpg. Those are highly respectable numbers. With continued improvement, which seems possible, he could flirt with a triple-double average in a year or two.

One could say, empty stats on a lousy team, and that’s hard to counter because, yeah, the Spurs are a lousy team. Or one could point out his flaws, and it’s true he has some. But still, no matter what anybody says, those are good numbers. DJM could start on a winning team that’s compe ive in every game. At least the Spurs are not weak at every position.

Where the Spurs are weak, oh jeez, that’s a long discussion.
    agreed

in watching the game with my wife last night i kept pointing out to her how DJM is the one thats stood out above the rest of the guys but still has major flaws. But told her that he would be fantastic on any contender. His defense is great and he has the ability to get to the basket and pull up on a dime for a mid range shot. His 3's are getting better too. He needs to seriously work on his handles though, but not sure how much better he can get there. That is a big flaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all keep talking about draft picks but what is the ing point in drafting guys that Popovich is just gonna send to the G league? Help me understand that.
    Let's see: Pop sends them to the G-League, they develop, then come out of the G-League the second year and come into the San Antonio Spurs so we can root for them and they can help us win games.

Phew, that wasn't so hard after all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another star?

who's our first star?

without looking it up, i think the current championship formula is having at least 1 MVP-caliber player, 1 legitimate All Star, 1 guy who can play at an All Star level for short stretches (ie playoffs) but maybe not consistently ... and then 2 solid starters ... and at least 3 good bench players

right now i think DJM could be 3rd banana, maybe ...
    I didn't make it clear. I think Primo has star written all over him. Kid's dropping 28 in his first GLeague performance at home. He's still 18. By the time he's 21, he should be consistently scoring 18-20 in the NBA per night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't make it clear. I think Primo has star written all over him. Kid's dropping 28 in his first GLeague performance at home. He's still 18. By the time he's 21, he should be consistently scoring 18-20 in the NBA per night
    Quite the extrapolation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gave McNugget a $40 million contract. He should be much, much better than Brent but he doesn't play like it

Well that's certainly another thing they suck at.

Thread Information