Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge game to break the tie in the win column.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh I don't know about that one, bro. I feel like Luka is a giant compared to Vassell.
    I know that Luka will get a chance to guard Doncic on a switch, but I was thinking of the "main" defender. But yeah, Luka hopefully can bother him some with his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big wing drills: KBD, DeMar, and Keldon

Matching up well with the positions I laid out in my other thread:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289433

Only one I missed on was putting Rudy Gay under big wing. I guess the team doesn't see him mobile enough to be that. He's with the Stretch Bigs group in these videos.

@bluebellmaniac

KBD with the big wings than with the stretch bigs with Lyles and Luka. Interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD with the big wings than with the stretch bigs with Lyles and Luka. Interesting.
    I've been telling you, all his minutes with the Spurs so far has been at the 3 position haha. There's always two bigs with him on the court. He's a small forward (big wing type).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been telling you, all his minutes with the Spurs so far has been at the 3 position haha. There's always two bigs with him on the court. He's a small forward (big wing type).
    All of a sudden our 2nd unit of Diop, Gay and Luka/Eubanks is big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of a sudden our 2nd unit of Diop, Gay and Luka/Eubanks is big
    The defense when KBD, Luka, and Poeltl were all on the floor was STIFLING. It was old school Spurs shut down defense.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defense when KBD, Luka, and Poeltl were all on the floor was STIFLING. It was old school Spurs shut down defense.
    Adding two of Murray/White/Vassell makes it even juicier.

It's very refreshing to see good defense on the perimeter, even if it's not as dominant as the Number Two/Danny Green duo, after what we suffered through with Forbes in the starting lineup and Belinelli off the bench. That's one hangup I had over a potential DDR/Rozier trade. In today's NBA I think Rozier can overcome bad defense with huge 3PA volume and high efficiency, but in that sense he might just be a more extreme version of DDR, who is rather efficient himself (albeit in different ways) and less subpar on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's very refreshing to see good defense on the perimeter, even if it's not as dominant as the Number Two/Danny Green duo, after what we suffered through with Forbes in the starting lineup and Belinelli off the bench. That's one hangup I had over a potential DDR/Rozier trade. In today's NBA I think Rozier can overcome bad defense with huge 3PA volume and high efficiency, but in that sense he might just be a more extreme version of DDR, who is rather efficient himself (albeit in different ways) and less subpar on defense.
    I wonder if it was a matter of the Spurs being extremely selective, that it took us this long to have the proper size on defense. Maybe they didn't want to pursue just any lengthy forwards, as probably most of them have defense but lack offense. Maybe they didn't want to be stuck with player like that, so they made sure to bolster our guard depth first until they found a player like KBD, Luka who both have potential on offense. In fact, how many SF/PF players out there are two-way players anyway? Probably not many. Just thinking out loud...

Maybe having guard depth is your floor raiser

and having proper talent at forward is your ceiling raiser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm hoping that they can develop Devin Vassell as an elite onball defender. He has the length, size, and the skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS BASKETBALL IS BACK

Big game tonight. I didn't catch the last game before the break, but from the looks of it, was a letdown loss that slipped away from the team. I'm hoping the Spurs come out with a hunger and will to avenge that loss... Regardless of the outcome (though I'd love a win for sure), I just want to see them fight a good fight. I'm also eager to see what Luka's role ends up being with all the players healthy (minus Vassell, sadly); his defense has been so noticeably good that I find it hard to believe Pop will relegate him to the deep bench once again. I don't know about starting, just because it's Pop at the helm, but he should at least get 15-20m off the bench.

Spurs by 7!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS BASKETBALL IS BACK

Big game tonight. I didn't catch the last game before the break, but from the looks of it, was a letdown loss that slipped away from the team. I'm hoping the Spurs come out with a hunger and will to avenge that loss... Regardless of the outcome (though I'd love a win for sure), I just want to see them fight a good fight. I'm also eager to see what Luka's role ends up being with all the players healthy (minus Vassell, sadly); his defense has been so noticeably good that I find it hard to believe Pop will relegate him to the deep bench once again. I don't know about starting, just because it's Pop at the helm, but he should at least get 15-20m off the bench.

Spurs by 7!
    Yeah. If I don't get at least 15 minutes (and preferrably 19-20 minutes) of Luka, I'll be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big wing drills: KBD, DeMar, and Keldon

Matching up well with the positions I laid out in my other thread:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289433

Only one I missed on was putting Rudy Gay under big wing. I guess the team doesn't see him mobile enough to be that. He's with the Stretch Bigs group in these videos.

@bluebellmaniac

Aaaaaaand here's the likely last video featuring two groups:

Stretch bigs - Luka, Gay, Lyles

and in the background, your point guards - Murray, Tre, and "PG" Mills

Where is Aldridge in all this? Resting his vagina? Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. If I don't get at least 15 minutes (and preferrably 19-20 minutes) of Luka, I'll be disappointed.
    And if I don't get at least 15 minutes with that new girl in your sig, I'll be disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if I don't get at least 15 minutes with that new girl in your sig, I'll be disappointed

New Locked on Spurs Broadcast for anyone killing time until the game.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000512419014
    Last edited by BillMc; 03-10-2021 at 05:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Luka will get some more playing time for the next several games and I don't know how in Game Shape Rudy is going to be as it takes much longer to get back in shape at his age.
    i agree. i think rudy is going to be on limited minutes so luka could sneak in a few minutes tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol but seriously could you imagine this team if Aldridge even remotely showed up. What a disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaaaaaand here's the likely last video featuring two groups:

Stretch bigs - Luka, Gay, Lyles

and in the background, your point guards - Murray, Tre, and "PG" Mills

It would be disappointing if rumours are true of his unhappiness with a bench role.
    I believe it was Rudy T who said, “The most difficult thing to do in basketball is to coach an aging superstar.”

He has a chance to reinvent himself as a situational super-sub who would be match up nightmare for certain benches, just has to give it a chance.

Would love to give him the benefit of the doubt on this, guess we’ll find out soon enough...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

According to the Mavs Twitter acct, over their last 6 games they rank 2nd in defensive rating.

They’ve won 8 of their last 10 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge and his team looking for a trade? :Wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be disappointing if rumours are true of his unhappiness with a bench role.
    I believe it was Rudy T who said, “The most difficult thing to do in basketball is to coach an aging superstar.”

He has a chance to reinvent himself as a situational super-sub who would be match up nightmare for certain benches, just has to give it a chance.

Would love to give him the benefit of the doubt on this, guess we’ll find out soon enough...
    Dude was already quitting on the team this season because he didn’t get traded to the Warriors. just based on his horrible body language on the court. Then again he almost chose to play for the Phoenix Suns back in 2015 and probably left Portland cause Lillard was getting the spotlight he deserved. Tried to cry his way off the Spurs back then also because of his “ma touches” complaints.

The only reason he’s in a lot of Spurs fans good graces is because Nephew turned out to be a bigger than him and the way he played the last two seasons for us (of course in a role that featured him as the #1). Put him in anything less and he shuts down. I wanna give him the benefit of the doubt but he’s too much of a losers mentality. Demar got put in a crappier situation being traded by his own team and then watching them win a le, but he still shows up to play for us, even with his flaws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess I never paid attention to KBD so I wasn’t familiar with his game but he turned out to be quite a great fit on this team. Much more impactful than Metu ever was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus is bailing. ing ass lol. Good riddance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knew he'd never accept a bench role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he finds no team and retires on the spot. Fitting for a career loser like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Weiss danWeissPBP

Spurs starters: Murray, White, DeRozan, Johnson, Poeltl #GoSpursGo
    7:02pm · 10 Mar 2021 · Twitter Web App

Thread Information