Do you:

- Give them any money?

- Sympathize?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You ask them to smile for you, if they still have teeth you buy them a meal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only Food.

Don't sympathize. They have no bills, stress at work, etc....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nor do they have any shelter under which they could comfort each other by suck their s, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they're either some of the unluckiest people on the planet, or they're so lazy they they've given up all self respect. I feel bad for them either way. I'll give food if anything. They've got it much worse than me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do not sympathize with homeless people in the US or Canada mainly because the government does enough to provide the tools necessary to avoid being homeless..

I do give them money though, just because I don't want people dying out starvation be it their fault or not. I know it's stupid, but giving to homeless people has been engraved on my head since i was 5...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ing can't stand them. They work in groups, they're like roaches. I laugh at the ones that try and have a sad face, or do the sign of the cross as they walk between the cars.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Its like asking do you sympathize for drug addicts really. Some people really feel bad for them, others just dont understand how it happens.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Walked by one the other day that had a sign that said single mother with new born child yet she was sitting there by herself.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I work with a group locally that feeds them breakfast and lunch once a week. Sure, there are a lot of them that take the food and go but there are a lot of them that will sit and talk to you. Most admit they ed things up in their lives in one way or another and that's how they got to be where they are. We've helped a few get jobs and get back on their feet.

I don't with the sign holders. Most of them aren't even homeless. They are just begging for dope money.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I give at the office.

I've seen a sign holder at 281/1604 intersection jump out of the car and go right to work with that sign.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there's one guy I always see on oltorf/35. Sometimes I'll give him a breakfast taco or something. But mainly just talk. He always wants to talk.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No. Get to the nearest shelter and look for work. A lot of beggars aren't even homeless. They collect foodstamps from Barry and make cash on the side

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Austin has so many of these people and for the most part, they're really polite. Whenever I get subway or a sandwich and I'm by myself, I always get an extra one for a dude that hangs out on an intersection downtown. Nice guy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I gave one a beer one time. I wonder how long it took him to find someone with a bottle opener tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Depends on the mood I'm in. I did give one 5 dollars for some Game 4 of the Finals karma; you're welcome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A few years ago, after leaving the club, I gave a homeless $3(all the $1 bills I had left in my pocket) and he literally said, "that's it?"..turned me off from giving them money, I didn't give anybody anything until a few months ago..

A few months ago, I was driving and this dude had a "hungry" sign, which I usually ignore, but he had a dog with him(my soft spot, tbh)..so I bought 2 double cheeseburgers and I told the man to feed 1 to the dog before I left..

Last week I was coming out of the bank and this homeless, trashy looking woman popped out of nowhere while I was counting change, so I couldn't say no at that point..

I generally don't give or sympathize, though..if you live in North America and you're homeless, being lazy is a large part of your issue IMO..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I saw a family of 5 the other day, 2 able bodied adults and 3 kids standing on the corner of a shopping center with a sign asking for help. The wife was making this stupid pleading face and had her her hands in the begging motion (in praying form) and it pissed me off. She needs to go get a job a La Quinta cleaning rooms and the joke of a husband needs to go dig ditches or whatever it takes to make a buck. Don't have ing kids if you're too lazy to work and have to resort to using your kids as sympathy bait. We drove past them twice and I didn't even turn my head..

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know this man Joe who who I used to go to church with as a young man. Married, healthy, and had a good job. Well, about 3 years ago his wife died to a certain disease Im uncertain of. His life came crumbling down. He quit going to work, started doing drugs and became a severe alcoholic. Joe lost his home and all hope in life. He would ask the church for money to help him and ask people in the church for shelter. After awhile the church started seeing he was using the money and shelter for drugs and alcohol. The church could no longer support his bad habits if he is unwilling to change. Poor Joe lost all hope. I believe that is what is wrong with most homeless people. They have lost all hope to live and succeed in life. Joe is still wandering the streets.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    I'd throw a ing party and enjoy life to the fullest.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd throw a ing party and enjoy life to the fullest.
    Well this couple had been dating since high school. They were truly in love. Something this generation has a hard time grasping.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I give when I can, a few dollars isn't going to break the bank. I'm pretty selective though. You can tell if someone is just emotionally devastated.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't mind handing over my change or a couple of bucks. I don't judge them, it just doesn't matter to me why/how they got that way.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Most of the time I ignore them because here, it seems like a good bit of the population is "homeless" Not always the case. Most are lazy frauds looking for freebies.

What I do instead is donate the clothes I dont use or like anymore and stuff like that to the Salvation Army.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Made a similar thread 4-5 years ago and CosmicCowboy gave me some great advice o how to deal with them. Pull out a camera as they approach you

Thread Information