Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there some reason he can't be helping out these past 3-4 weeks with his $24 million salary still being paid?

While the cutesy "mutually agreed" PR spin was given by woke Pop, it's got to be true that this was LMA prompting 100% right?

Some reason he can't continue to play productive spot minutes and actually up his value?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's been collecting checks all season sitting on his ***

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoiding injury while being negotiated to another team.. makes actually a lot of sense for film and the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoiding injury while being negotiated to another team.. makes actually a lot of sense for film and the Spurs
    So in games like tonight's vs the Hornets, where LMAs offense could fit in very nicely and contribute to a win thus playoff picture?

So instead of risking injury he can be bought out and Spurs get nothing in return?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think we are getting anything in return.

And YES LMA quit on Pop and he quit in his team mates.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't get anything for him. Why can't he just come off the bench and play hard for 15 minutes a night? I don't get it. It's for one year, and he can find a new team at his choosing next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard, quitter.
    LMA class act?

Sure, the impact was and is grand canyons apart. But in principle did they both quit?
    Yes or no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he goes to the lakers or Clippers and we see him revitalized we'll get our answer. If we goes to Portland then he's probably washed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ass diva...always had been.

Couldn't handle starting on the bench...always chose himself over the team....always

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless it’s for the best, he could of stayed here and been a weapon off the bench but it’s time to move on from him. Still holding out hope for a trade but worst case we buy him out and maybe sign a g league guy or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how nobody is bashing him for not sitting on the bench like they were doing for Kawhi

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how nobody is bashing him for not sitting on the bench like they were doing for Kawhi
    To be fair. Considering the pandemic, if you're guaranteed not to play then there's no need to be around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two completely different scenarios, but keep ing that chicken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I think it's more complicated than that. I believe the Spurs wanted to move him and that played a role in his effort. That then made it harder for them to justify keeping him and so on. "Quitting on" to be implies that the team wants the player but the player is gone mentally.

It's not a good look for either side, though, LMA more than the Spurs

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something definitely happened behind the scenes. I'm not sure we'll ever know what was expected of him and if boosting his trade value was the goal all season. He bailed on the team at some point, it's just hard to say when. That's how I see it. I was concerned he was going to be a distraction this season after Yak's contract and being dangled in trade scenarios that never came to pass. But LMA not being around much this season was a positive in my opinion so it sort of worked out better than I expected once they didn't trade him over the Summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are making this more complicated than it really is. It’s very simple. Aldridge and his ego couldn’t handle losing his starting role to Poeltl and being a bench player. So he wanted out. That’s really all there is to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compare him to Timmy & Manu taking less money and smaller roles and you can see why people are ragging on Aldridge and calling him selfish. Aldridge has made more money this year sitting on his ass not playing, then Duncan or Ginoblili did their last few seasons. Thats one reason those two will be hall of famers and Aldridge wont ever be. Now he will be known as a ring chaser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s really an emo. I knew he had no team concept or selflessness when he wanted Bowen’s retired number. It must have driven Pop crazy to emotionally coddle him for almost 6 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s really an emo. I knew he had no team concept or selflessness when he wanted Bowen’s retired number. It must have driven Pop crazy to emotionally coddle him for almost 6 years.
    DeMar's another dude who I feel Pop tip toes around his feelings.

I mean, I get it. Not everyone can take it, especially today.

Pop yells at DJ but holds back with DeMar. I think if/when the torch is passed to DJ, we'll see a mentally tougher team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge quit. He genuinely thinks he's en led to be a starter, despite being 35 years old and playing poorly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something definitely happened behind the scenes. I'm not sure we'll ever know what was expected of him and if boosting his trade value was the goal all season. He bailed on the team at some point, it's just hard to say when. That's how I see it. I was concerned he was going to be a distraction this season after Yak's contract and being dangled in trade scenarios that never came to pass. But LMA not being around much this season was a positive in my opinion so it sort of worked out better than I expected once they didn't trade him over the Summer.
    I just think players are tired of Popovich and his dictatorship we know as the San antonio spurs. We're gonna continue to suck as long as he's here. What worked in in the 90s and 2000s does not work in 2021. And I'm tired of seeing the Mills/Derozen 4th quarter combo..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because Kawhis trade request came after the season and all year he pretended like he was coming back. LMA and spurs have already parted ways, why would he sit on the bench? It's funny how you post this and act like you don't understand the difference because you simp for Kawhi 3 years later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge quit. He genuinely thinks he's en led to be a starter, despite being 35 years old and playing poorly.
    Not just a starter, but seems to want the team built around him and offense run through him. Straight up delusional at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar's another dude who I feel Pop tip toes around his feelings.

I mean, I get it. Not everyone can take it, especially today.

Pop yells at DJ but holds back with DeMar. I think if/when the torch is passed to DJ, we'll see a mentally tougher team.
    I guess there are degrees. DD didn’t melt down when he didn’t reach an extension agreement, and he’s been pretty with the program and mentoring the young guys.

Thread Information