Page 15 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if demar opts in, do the spurs have to wait for a period of time before they can trade him ??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if demar opts in, do the spurs have to wait for a period of time before they can trade him ??
    Nah. They can do it immediately, like how CP3 was traded after opting in with LAC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#theyserious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources: USWNT star Alex Morgan to join Spurs

I saw that headline and thought Pop hired a new assistant coach, tbh.

#theyserious
    Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it's just being set up by the young players or if the Spurs themselves are involved (I'm not sure they'd be allowed to do that). It can't be draft related because that surely wouldn't be allowed.

Back 15+ years ago the Spurs would have random mini-camps in the summer where current players would go up against random free agents trying to break into the league. It's how a few players like Udonis Haslem and Raja Bell were first discovered. IIRC, even Stephen Jackson played in one before the Spurs offered him a spot on their summer league team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania

1m
    Sources: The NBA is planning for Draft Combine process beginning later this month with two parts:

- Mid-September to early October: In-market medicals and on-court; virtual interviews
    - Mid-October to Draft date: In-person interviews; no workouts

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1m
    There is still no clarity on when the 2020-2021 NBA season will start, but the league has told teams to expect an eight-week advanced notice of a proposed opening night of the season, sources tell ESPN.

33s
    The NBA is still tenatively targeting a Nov. 18 draft, but that date could still move, sources tell ESPN. Plans continue to center around a virtual draft setting that would allow teams to have "war rooms" at their facilities, sources said.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    45m
    The NBA has informed teams that, for the 2020-21 season, it prefer in-market compe ion with an amount of fans and reduced travel -- instead of current bubble structures. Details on the NBA’s current and future at @TheAthleticNBA: theathletic.com/2057813/2020/0…
    Last edited by ace3g; 09-11-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the NBA needs to take a page from the NFL just set a damn date and stick to it stop changing your mind every two days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#theyserious
    I thought Luka wasn't going to be part of this since he was in Croatia but he posted on IG that he's on his way back to SA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Luka wasn't going to be part of this since he was in Croatia but he posted on IG that he's on his way back to SA
    Smart decision on his part..

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    giannis unfollowed bucks and teammates on IG. Interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what it means, but shows a definite lack of maturity on his part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    D’Antoni, whose contract expired with the end of the Western Conference semifinals on Saturday, turned down extension offers prior to the season.

ESPN Sources: Houston coach Mike D’Antoni is informing the franchise’s ownership today that he’s becoming a free agent and won’t return to the Rockets next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read on realgm he had a meeting with Marc Lasry (Bucks co-owner)

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...uture-Of-Bucks

I guess he's not happy/on the market...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    people on twitter were saying giannis unfollowed his teammates after last season too...

they were saying it was so he could get his mind off basketball ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    D’Antoni, whose contract expired with the end of the Western Conference semifinals on Saturday, turned down extension offers prior to the season.

ESPN Sources: Houston coach Mike D’Antoni is informing the franchise’s ownership today that he’s becoming a free agent and won’t return to the Rockets next season.
    So hes gonna look for a new team to implement his unsuccessful system?

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people on twitter were saying giannis unfollowed his teammates after last season too...

they were saying it was so he could get his mind off basketball ...

I read an actual article that said he did last year as well.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i can believe it... strange behavior though imo... too emotional...

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasnt sure, heard sth about it but cannot find any legit sources. Thats a really weird behavior. I wonder whats the purpose to unfollow any bucks connections every single season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Pacers are the front-runners. Guess he is tired of getting Dad- ed every year in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could go to The Knicks...oh wait

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw this gem on YouTube.. this clip is gold.. with Manu's interview, Pop's response, Baynes awaiting the reply and Timmy just cracking up lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bad fit is hoping Lillard constantly scores 50 points by dominating the ball and hitting long threes. Even when that works, that makes it harder for everyone to get into rhythm. They need play-making, period, and they aren't going to get that from the three-and-D forward that people think of when talking about fit.

Yes, some teams will either let guys walk or avoid using the MLE to bring in new guys. The Spurs could easily finagle the space to get an MLE. I don't think teams are going to be dumping stars to save money, but some will dump stars to rebuild, and some won't want to take on stars or high picks due to the contract. Like the Spurs might be able to get up to the second-overall pick just by taking on Wiggins for Murray and Gay, because no one else wants to take on that kind of salary right now. The Spurs can definitely handle it, especially if they don't intend to play the market in 2021.

Teams also will fall off. Like Phoenix was awful all year and just randomly caught fire. That doesn't mean they're actually going to challenge for a playoff spot. Memphis on the other hand was playing about their talent level were actually helped by the break even though they looked bad. Utah, OKC and Houston may well shift direction completely and trade away key players. The Spurs have the means to push for that fourth spot if they really want to go for it. But the question is going to be whether they are willing to pay the cost of making that run. I think they'd rather be sellers, but they're in the position to be buyers for the first time in a while.

I don't think LMA's on the team after next TDL if he doesn't sign an extension. I don't think the Spurs are thinking about this upcoming season as a le run, so they're probably not going to really want to play out the string with him unless they're more than content to let him walk. I think he'll play through his age-38 season. I don't think he's losing all this weight with the goal of retiring in mind. If that's true, and he has three more years in him, then there's zero reason to care about Poeltl's youth. He simply isn't good enough to worry about losing. Like if the team had everything put together and needed to know the five was locked down with their young perimeter core, that could make sense. Jakob is not a wing; him being an okay starter with good defense and efficient but sporadic offense doesn't automatically give him decent value. An extended LMA is the better short-term and long-term play. Of course, I was pushing for SA to trade Poeltl away to move up in the draft last year. So I definitely recognize the advantage of getting value out of guys you aren't going to keep. I just don't see a reason to prioritize making the lesser player happy.
    -True, though I don't think DeMar is the right player to help change how Portland plays.

-Other west playoff teams may get worse but certainly not enough to make the Spurs able to challenge for a top 4 seed. Most team's weren't expected to have cap space, and many weren't expected to have access to the full MLE even before Covid.

-It definitely changes things and impacts the financial situation but don't think it will result in good teams getting significantly worse. They may not get better-- which is an issue, in and of itself, for teams who are trying to compete for a le though.

-Assuming the Spurs keep most of this team together, minus Forbes and Belinelli, they'll be good enough to compete for the playoffs-- possibly even without Aldridge, but definitely not a top 4 seed IMO. There's always the risk that Aldridge and/ or Gay declines-even DeMar. Were that the case, then this team could back in the same spot as they were for much of this season.

-I doubt they are willing to pay that cost, just to chase the playoffs-- or at least they shouldn't. I wouldn't get the reasoning tbh. I also have my doubts about LMA playing another 3 seasons, he may hold up pretty well but I don't think he's given indication that he plans to play that long and I don't even think he'll necessarily be a Spur for the rest of his career.

They should shop Aldridge and try and get the best possible return and then play out next season before proceeding with a rebuild/ heavy retooling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

28m
    ESPN Sources: NBA has locked in November 18th for the 2020 Draft. Date had been tentative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    44s
    Sources: The NBA has sent teams revamped guidelines informing them that it is organizing the 2020 pre-Draft process (preliminary schedule Sept. 21-Oct. 16) — which will include 85 prospects conducting in-market medical exams, testing, and shooting 45-minute “Pro Day Video.”

Marc J. Spears
    marcJSpears
    54s
    NBA teams will be permitted to accept and watch video footage draft-eligible players working out providing workouts involve no more than one player, a source said.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    56s
    NBA will run entire predraft process and distribute to teams. Interviews consist of 10 questions; teams assigned 20 players for 30 min. each. Prospects travel by car to nearest team market for medical/strength/agility testing, 8 on-court shooting drills. No team personnel allowed
    Last edited by ace3g; 09-16-2020 at 07:12 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    like i said on the first page, spurs should target dwight howard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right maybe 10 years ago we don’t need any more dinosaurs on this team.

Thread Information