Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth explaining to failures like yourself whose greatest achievement in life is this forum
    No no, show us your credentials, how many businesses do you own?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no, show us your credentials, how many businesses do you own?
    Yeah, like that would be smart for me to disclose

Let's do this all day, RD. It's fun going back and forth with an internet king such as yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like that would be smart for me to disclose

Let's do this all day, RD. It's fun going back and forth with an internet king such as yourself.
    So nothing? Got it, you broke bas .

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Lacob wasn’t lying when he said his org was “light years ahead” of the NBA

PATFO are supposedly responsible for the model franchise others aspire to be, and GSW see them as a sock. Finessed a 1st rounder for Stephen Jackson, use them as cap relief, sweep em in the playoffs, injure the franchise player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So nothing? Got it, you broke bas .
    Yeah, I'm not so insecure about how much I make to need to defend myself on this one. Lmfao you're still in your mom's basement, internet king

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm not so insecure about how much I make to need to defend myself on this one. Lmfao you're still in your mom's basement, internet king
    So nothing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chriss has played well for the Warriors when he is healthy. For a second, I thought it was not a bad deal. But then I saw he was an expiring contract and he was out for the season, so I guess they are just going to cut him. He is a power forward/center and he did okay last season, but looks like just fodder. DJM can tell him the advantage of getting drafted and developed by the Spurs as opposed to the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's fill up these pages, fat

Which other threads you want to go talk in? I'm down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PATFO are supposedly responsible for the model franchise others aspire to be, and GSW see them as a sock. Finessed a 1st rounder for Stephen Jackson, use them as cap relief, sweep em in the playoffs, injure the franchise player..
    Eh, the Warriors turned around and traded two first-rounders to dump RJ on Utah the next year. SA definitely won that deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me put it this way: I am more disappointed in this trade than I was in the Miluntinov pick, and blood vessels in my eyes still burst whenever I think about that draft. Not to be dramatic, but this is the kind of thing that might actually affect my enjoyment of the team for the rest of the season. It's that bad, and that scary for what it could mean for the team going forward.
    I understand you’re frustrated and would have liked to sign someone else instead of taking on dead money just to get some cash savings.

But money is fungible. If the Holts save a few million this year, that’s a few million they can spend in the future. That’s assuming PATFO didn’t completely bungle this and put them into the tax if Aldridge and Lyles take on no money.

Anyone they would add for a minimum type deal wasn’t going to move the needle, and if anything was only going to take playing time away from young guys. That should be what the team is focused on.

They haven’t had real gate revenue in over a year now, and are one of the poorer ownership groups in the new NBA. I’m fine with them penny pinching a little bit here, when there was nothing they were going to do with the roster otherwise. But are still spending near the luxury tax when teams like the Knicks aren’t meeting salary minimums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The first rounder was for the extra year and $12M on RJ’s contract, and it was pick #30. I swear, some of y’all are so ing stupid, not understanding about paying to offload salary. It’s like NBA 101.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    made up some of the 6.6 million they paying Demarre Carroll this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand you’re frustrated and would have liked to sign someone else instead of taking on dead money just to get some cash savings.

But money is fungible. If the Holts save a few million this year, that’s a few million they can spend in the future. That’s assuming PATFO didn’t completely bungle this and put them into the tax if Aldridge and Lyles take on no money.

Anyone they would add for a minimum type deal wasn’t going to move the needle, and if anything was only going to take playing time away from young guys. That should be what the team is focused on.

They haven’t had real gate revenue in over a year now, and are one of the poorer ownership groups in the new NBA. I’m fine with them penny pinching a little bit here, when there was nothing they were going to do with the roster otherwise. But are still spending near the luxury tax when teams like the Knicks aren’t meeting salary minimums.
    Maeqees Chris is going to be cut, using the cash that GS would send in the deal. Once less is bought out, we’ll have that cash savings to use to fill the two open spots, and they will fill them. They have to, in the season of COVID.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maeqees Chris is going to be cut, using the cash that GS would send in the deal. Once less is bought out, we’ll have that cash savings to use to fill the two open spots, and they will fill them. They have to, in the season of COVID.
    I understand that the cash from the Chriss trade goes to pay his salary (plus a sweetener for ownership). They get more than Chriss will cost them, but less than GSW saves in tax.

But unless Aldridge and theoretically Lyles give up a decent amount, I don’t think the Spurs will have tax room to sign anyone else. They’re not going into the tax to sign someone to replace Lyles.

Aldridge’s buyout will almost certainly happen. Hopefully he gives up a couple million bucks that lets the Spurs fill out the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that the cash from the Chriss trade goes to pay his salary (plus a sweetener for ownership). They get more than Chriss will cost them, but less than GSW saves in tax.

But unless Aldridge and theoretically Lyles give up a decent amount, I don’t think the Spurs will have tax room to sign anyone else. They’re not going into the tax to sign someone to replace Lyles.

Aldridge’s buyout will almost certainly happen. Hopefully he gives up a couple million bucks that lets the Spurs fill out the roster.
    Zero chance LMA gives back any worthwhile money, especially as a favor to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t think Lyles will be bought out. I also think we still have enough vets, so anyone signed will be a youngster on a tryout. Two years, in case they pan out. Second year, unguarateed, in case they don’t pan out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t think Lyles will be bought out. I also think we still have enough vets, so anyone signed will be a youngster on a tryout. Two years, in case they pan out. Second year, unguarateed, in case they don’t pan out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me put it this way: I am more disappointed in this trade than I was in the Miluntinov pick, and blood vessels in my eyes still burst whenever I think about that draft. Not to be dramatic, but this is the kind of thing that might actually affect my enjoyment of the team for the rest of the season. It's that bad, and that scary for what it could mean for the team going forward.
    Milutinov is a damn good player who would really help the Spurs a lot right now splitting time with Poeltl.

Picking him wasn't the problem, the way the Spurs handled it was. They had to room to get him his rookie year. And if they had spent the same money on Milutinov that they had on Carroll it wouldn't have been a waste of a season's MLE.

Considering how third-stringish Eubanks is and the lack of free agents to spend money on, Milutinov would still be a smart signing this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *deep breath*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milutinov is a damn good player who would really help the Spurs a lot right now splitting time with Poeltl.

Picking him wasn't the problem, the way the Spurs handled it was. They had to room to get him his rookie year. And if they had spent the same money on Milutinov that they had on Carroll it wouldn't have been a waste of a season's MLE.

Considering how third-stringish Eubanks is and the lack of free agents to spend money on, Milutinov would still be a smart signing this summer.
    too bad the spurs jerked him around like scola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a flyer? I dunno, talent was there (I think). Worth signing to a guaranteed deal if he doesn't get money elsewhere

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a flyer? I dunno, talent was there (I think). Worth signing to a guaranteed deal if he doesn't get money elsewhere
    Certainly helps to fill the 4/5 slot.

Sort of depends also on if Spurs sign Collins and/or S&T DDR and get someone like Kuzma back.

He has been rehabbing at the Spurs facility even though he's no longer under contract? Seems like DJ likes him a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we still talking about Chriss? He was released to make room for Dieng. The Spurs ONLY traded for him because GS threw a wad of cash their way. It was more than enough to buy him out, and still turn a profit, because we are not tax payers, and GS are repeat offender tax payers. Both teams came out ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we still talking about Chriss? He was released to make room for Dieng. The Spurs ONLY traded for him because GS threw a wad of cash their way. It was more than enough to buy him out, and still turn a profit, because we are not tax payers, and GS are repeat offender tax payers. Both teams came out ahead.
    I think the last time I saw timvp posted, besides the grades, was after this deal. The Holts just went for some cash instead of making deals to make the team more compe ive. Although I thought Dieng’s signing was a very good one

Thread Information