Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and that didn't happen until Year 18.
    I thought it was against Memphis in 2011? Year 14? Hard to remember. A lot of success going on there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of mathematical hyperbole going on in this thread!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was against Memphis in 2011? Year 14? Hard to remember. A lot of success going on there.
    In 2011 He had the bad ankle, and his knee was bothering him too.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now he gets views.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rjv lock thread bro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 on 1 maybe. Yall are focused on team dynamics but Davis' athleticism and outside shooting he just may be the better INDIVIDUAL player

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Takes over in the FOURTH. Davis got baby hands.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People triggered by a dude who has a job because the suits at ESPN dont realize they have two loud mouthed, never correct black dudes named Stephen on payroll. Funny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure if Timmy said Lonnie Walker could be 10 times better than SJAX, he would post some tirade while walking in a parking lot. I understand him taking shots at TP, but Timmy is “one of his best friends”.
    Don't fall for that bs. I doubt Tim is even friends with Jax. Jax says that about everybody before he disses them. Just like he said a bunch of times he loves the Spur's owners son and then goes on a rant about how the Spurs are garbage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People triggered by a dude who has a job because the suits at ESPN dont realize they have two loud mouthed, never correct black dudes named Stephen on payroll. Funny.
    People will always be triggered by Jax in here because he played a huge role in the media's campaign in destroying the Spurs during the Kawhi saga. Prior to that saga I didn't give what this dumb had to say and I could easily ignore him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 on 1 maybe. Yall are focused on team dynamics but Davis' athleticism and outside shooting he just may be the better INDIVIDUAL player
    Tim has physical strength on Davis and that gets you further in a game of one on one. Tim also has much better footwork than Davis which allows him to get easier buckets. From personal experience I have beaten guys in 1 on 1 who were more athletic than me.

I have hard time believing Duncan could not beat Davis since I have heard stories of how Tim used to beat Robinson in practice during his rookie year. Keep in mind Robinson was still in his prime around that time and is basically Davis on steroids.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People will always be triggered by Jax in here because he played a huge role in the media's campaign in destroying the Spurs during the Kawhi saga. Prior to that saga I didn't give what this dumb had to say and I could easily ignore him.
    I think you're over rating the hit the Spurs rep took over the Kawhi fiasco. And it wasnt so much the media as it was an ESPN tabloid story. I dont recall seeing anyone running down the Spurs outside of ESPN.

It's a Spurs board that has issues with players who have issues with their team. I'd be a little more defensive too if it was someone who has the mental a en above an elementary school hoodlum who was more important than an over rated bench contributor for 1 le run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with these kind of statements is that you can't quantify how great Duncan was. His stats were good, he's got plenty of awards and trophys, but it goes way beyond that.

The Spurs were always great because of how coachable Duncan was and of course due to his strong desire to be the best and so many other traits.

I love Anthony Davis' game and he truly is an outstanding player. But to say that he can be 10 times better than Duncan is just a headline grabber. Nothing more.

Duncan is arguably top 5 All time NBA History. Anthony Davis 10 times better? Please

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're over rating the hit the Spurs rep took over the Kawhi fiasco. And it wasnt so much the media as it was an ESPN tabloid story. I dont recall seeing anyone running down the Spurs outside of ESPN.

It's a Spurs board that has issues with players who have issues with their team. I'd be a little more defensive too if it was someone who has the mental a en above an elementary school hoodlum who was more important than an over rated bench contributor for 1 le run.
    You are absolutely right about this but the problem is ESPN is the biggest sports media outlet in the world. So they have most powerful voice in sports media and can easily drown out the other voices.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People still care about what this mother er has to say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even in Tim's last year's AD couldn't handle him. He's more of a KG guy than Duncan. Doesn't defend bigger players as effectively and is basically a face up player. He can't hold a candle to TDs post game/footwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "10 times better"? That player doesn't/can't exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD will pull a KD and bandwagon his way to a couple of les since he won’t lead the Pels there himself. He’s already edging that direction changing agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And did Sjax specify what AD would do 10x better than Duncan? Maybe it’s needlepoint...or eyebrow growth.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hyperbole aside, S-Jax completely overlooks the things Tim is better at. Low post scoring, passing, screens, defensive positioning, rebounding, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "10 times better"? That player doesn't/can't exist.
    I would never even want that player to exist and not because Duncan is my favorite player but because the league would be pretty boring if a dominant player like that ever existed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    NBA wants him to hype up marquee stars to sell their product. Here's another example of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRm3O7jjeu0&t=1m31s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe with his finances, but the only certainty is that he is no better than Tim in playing basketball
    Sorry, I meant stat wise. I think Davis’ stats in recent years are already better than Tim’s in his best years, though I may be wrong. I do remember around the time of the ‘12 draft, that “experts” were projecting Tim as Davis’s ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um no, Duncan was a one man team in 00-01 and 01-02 and led the Spurs to 58 wins both times, and no one is going to tell me Davis' compe ion is more difficult when Duncan was going against Shaq, Rasheed, Webber, Garnett, Malone, and Nowitzki in the conference. I don't think Davis is very close to Robinson much less Duncan.
    My bad, forgot to mention that. And thanks for pointing it out.

Thread Information