Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this as "Young Green likely back in 2018-19" and got really happy. Then I read it again and got sad. I like Danny still, but I want SA to move on from their previous perimeter rotation. While that primarily means Manu and Tony, if Danny was the only one they'd let go, I'd still want him to go. Walker and White need minutes. Green would be fine competing with Walker or coming off the bench as the first wing in. But I really don't want Mills-Murray-Leonard (or Anderson)/Parker/Ginobili/Green again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he doesn't start....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of gots in here too scared to call this scrub out. I'll do it. He's ing trash. His shot is never coming back, get over it you brainless idiots. It's been 5 years since he had a shot. Klay thompson out of everyone impregnated his girl and you dudes think he's still a positive on that side? Laughable.

Grow some balls. Everyone s on him in the game threads but once out of them y'all go back to licking his boa
    Lol I agree with you and this. The problem I still have with this guy is that he does nothing to improve. Anywhere else he would be shipped out long ago but he does stuff to where it isn't hurting the team as much.

I mean he isn't going Dennis Rodman and sabotaging everything, but he isn't far off. The guy has costume parties the day after they get eliminated in 2015 and his night life is what he is all about down there.

Also he looks like an ass after his Kawhi comments all season now.

Since the Spurs are rebuilding now and not in contention I don't care what they do with this guy. Hopefully its near the end of his tenure here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did people expect him to transform into a ing superstar? If you did, you're an idiot. He's a solid role player, great teammate, and hard worker. Is he slightly overpaid now that he's at the end of his contract? Of course, but it was still a discount at the time. He's been one of the best perimeter and transition defenders in the league. He knows his strengths, limits his weaknesses, and for the most part just shuts up and does the dirty work. I have nothing but respect for this guy working his way from the D-League into the player he is now. He will more than likely be traded soon and if that's the case -- salute to Danny for everything he's done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better then 50 mills tbh....

we lucky to have him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know many places he could go after this slowly increasing decline as a 3 and D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with him opting-in. After all, it's not like the Spurs are going after some huge FA this offseason and they need the numbers work...

I still believe Danny can have a bounce-back season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Useful contract to have for a future salary dump trade and get a pick back.

Folks, it's rebuild time.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Useful contract to have for a future salary dump trade and get a pick back.

Folks, it's rebuild time.
    1. No one is giving up a pick for a G-Leaguer, and the Spurs won't be a salary dump team while Pop is here.

2. Yes, which is the exact reason every player above 30 years of age should be deported back to where they came from. Holding on to TOSB's like him and Manu will only hurt Walker & White in the long run.
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 06-22-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys need to be gone -> Danny Green, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Jeffrey Lauvergne & Patty Mills. I like Patty but if he isn't scoring, he's hurting the team.
    Totally agree if we get a decent trade offer for him I would do it in a heartbeat. He is a good defender but terrible on offense I’ll get get grief for saying this but I would take Hanga over him in a New York minute almost same level defender but much better offense

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I agree with you and this. The problem I still have with this guy is that he does nothing to improve. Anywhere else he would be shipped out long ago but he does stuff to where it isn't hurting the team as much.

I mean he isn't going Dennis Rodman and sabotaging everything, but he isn't far off. The guy has costume parties the day after they get eliminated in 2015 and his night life is what he is all about down there.

Also he looks like an ass after his Kawhi comments all season now.

Since the Spurs are rebuilding now and not in contention I don't care what they do with this guy. Hopefully its near the end of his tenure here.
    I just don't understand why this guy is the most coddled Spur of all time. You got posters like Namundy saying he's a hard worker, when in fact, is the laziest POS on the team.

In the offseason, you'll never catch the guy at the gym. You can find him at the club or in the beach showing off his bloated beer belly. On offense, you'll never see him try to get open like the better spot up shooters in the league do. He'll be in wing area at all times fixing his compression shorts and then proceed to pass up an open shot by unnecessarily pump faking. On defense, he's resorted to being a funnel defender. Doesn't even fight thru screens or try to stay with speedy guards anymore.

the guy was flabbergasted when he saw the work Tony was putting in during his rehab.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny: I love your loyalty, but buddy you need to get your money now! No hard feels, you’ve been a great Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand why this guy is the most coddled Spur of all time. You got posters like Namundy saying he's a hard worker, when in fact, is the laziest POS on the team.

In the offseason, you'll never catch the guy at the gym. You can find him at the club or in the beach showing off his bloated beer belly. On offense, you'll never see him try to get open like the better spot up shooters in the league do. He'll be in wing area at all times fixing his compression shorts and then proceed to pass up an open shot by unnecessarily pump faking. On defense, he's resorted to being a funnel defender. Doesn't even fight thru screens or try to stay with speedy guards anymore.

the guy was flabbergasted when he saw the work Tony was putting in during his rehab.
    So he doesn't post his workouts on Instagram and he enjoys himself in his spare time. That's your criteria for being the most coddled Spur of all time. Maybe slightly hyperbolic? He was/is considered a strong defender by most accounts. Sure he's declined statistically and had a few down seasons shooting the ball but he is still a plus defender. Great defenders have that iden y because of the effort they put in. You aren't gifted that type of iden y (as a perimeter defender) as the laziest piece of on his team. For the record I think it's time for Danny to go, but the man made his money on defense and earned every cent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny: I love your loyalty, but buddy you need to get your money now! No hard feels, you’ve been a great Spur.
    He'd leave if he was getting paid. But the market is such that he would be a fool to opt out of his $10 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was awful this season. I could have hit more of those open looks than he did. Whoever says his decline is due to not getting the right passes must not have watched him choke wide open shots 80% of the time he gets one. His shot is broken right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have had grayson allen, better athlete, better defender, smarter, better shooter. Sad

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Could have had grayson allen, better athlete, better defender, smarter, better shooter. Sad
    Better tripper, kicker, stomper and whiner.

Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know many places he could go after this slowly increasing decline as a 3 and D.
    yep, at that moment he is more like a no 3 and no D

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better tripper, kicker, stomper and whiner.

Sad.
    Better than green, murray, anderson. Gasol, mills, walker. Ill take the trips kicks and whines. Looks like nothing compared to kawhi leonard

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Better than green, murray, anderson. Gasol, mills, walker. Ill take the trips kicks and whines. Looks like nothing compared to kawhi leonard
    Nope.

He's a piece of who happens to be white.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Jill Jelnick, "caught up with #Spurs @DGreen_14 today, he told me he has not yet decided whether he will opt in or out of his contract. Deadline is Wed."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

He's a piece of who happens to be white.
    Wrong. Sad you dont understand the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Jill Jelnick, "caught up with #Spurs @DGreen_14 today, he told me he has not yet decided whether he will opt in or out of his contract. Deadline is Wed."
    That means to me: ideally he wants a long term deal and some security but market is so rough he’s still seriously considering opting in.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did people expect him to transform into a ing superstar? If you did, you're an idiot. He's a solid role player, great teammate, and hard worker. Is he slightly overpaid now that he's at the end of his contract? Of course, but it was still a discount at the time. He's been one of the best perimeter and transition defenders in the league. He knows his strengths, limits his weaknesses, and for the most part just shuts up and does the dirty work. I have nothing but respect for this guy working his way from the D-League into the player he is now. He will more than likely be traded soon and if that's the case -- salute to Danny for everything he's done.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information