Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said make the shot clock 24.8 long. He’ll be remembered forever in every game. Don’t change the logo.
    Nah. Retire 24 league-wide. Name an All Star MVP award after him, black patches for the rest of the year, maybe even do his HOF induction on a separate day than Timmy/KG...but changing the logo or a fundamental of the game seems over-reactionary.

As an LA resident, I'd be fine with doing another statue for him & his daughter besides the inevitable one outside of Staples. His impact on LA warrants that but the logo, shot clock...respectfully disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would the silhouette for Kobe NBA logo look like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said make the shot clock 24.8 long. He’ll be remembered forever in every game. Don’t change the logo.
    They don't want to slow the game down, not even by a fraction of a second. Plus, we already have an 8-second clock for halfcourt, so both his numbers are already there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    81 regular season games

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You really think they should change the logo to Kobe? I get that it was a tragic death but that seems overly reactionary.

So if Jordan dies next weekend, what do you think they should do?

I don't think it'd be too far out of left field. I understand where you're coming from that we shouldn't be reactionary but arguably the best player this generation has seen just died unexpectedly in a helicopter crash so I get it. Kobe impacted a lot of young guys currently in the league, he was their Michael Jordan.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Look like Kobe death made a significant impact maybe not as much as that helicopter did but still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it'd be too far out of left field. I understand where you're coming from that we shouldn't be reactionary but arguably the best player this generation has seen just died unexpectedly in a helicopter crash so I get it. Kobe impacted a lot of young guys currently in the league, he was their Michael Jordan.
    It'd be a huge, huge overreaction tbh. And that's not even considering the logistical nightmare putting such an absurd plan into place would be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league should retire 24, as I said earlier. I fully expect it to happen before the end of the season. I don't know why anybody would object, it's just a number

Changing the logo is completely unnecessary and dumb IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As expected, it's in motion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ attention-whoring contest

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Changing the logo would be absurd. Doesn’t really make sense to do it.

Now if they wanted to add his Mamba logo or #24 and #8 patches on jerseys the rest of the season and/or playoff jerseys the way they add the Larry O’Brien trophy patch, I think that’s fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's true. Honestly, Tim would think a lot of this would be dumb AF if it happened to him tbh.
    You know Kobes is loving it though. He lives (no pun intended)for this kind of stuff. If you believe that theres an afterlife or whatever, he's soaking that up right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know Kobes is loving it though. He lives (no pun intended)for this kind of stuff. If you believe that theres an afterlife or whatever, he's soaking that up right now.
    I mean his daughter died. Even someone as egotistical as Kobe was wouldn't trade his daughter's life for all this hoopla/reverence, at least I would like to think he wouldn't....

Silly thing to argue about though tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league should retire 24, as I said earlier. I fully expect it to happen before the end of the season. I don't know why anybody would object, it's just a number

Changing the logo is completely unnecessary and dumb IMO.
    They gonna retire 33 and 32 too? Retiring jersey #s for all teams is dumb in all cases, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They gonna retire 33 and 32 too? Retiring jersey #s for all teams is dumb in all cases, tbh.
    If this had happened 20 years from now, nobody would be asking for it. But he was only 41 years old and had just retired a few years ago, he's the most influential player in history for the current crop of players.

It isn't comparable to anything else, nobody else of this magnitude has ever died so young in the NBA. There are 41-year olds still playing in the NBA right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't really care about retiring 24.

If it's going to keep mental midgets like Kyrie, CP3, etc. from killing themselves, go for it tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this had happened 20 years from now, nobody would be asking for it. But he was only 41 years old and had just retired a few years ago, he's the most influential player in history for the current crop of players.

It isn't comparable to anything else, nobody else of this magnitude has ever died so young in the NBA. There are 41-year olds still playing in the NBA right now.
    The NBA would have been fine without Kobe. Don't listen to the slurpers, dude.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I'd retire Kobe's number league wide. His prime wasn't that long ago so there are still going to be rookies coming into the league for a few years who really looked up to him and modeled their games after his, and will thus want to wear his number as a tribute. I think that would be a better remembrance of his legacy than the league retiring the number. Also I think retiring the number should be left as a tribute from the Lakers. No matter how much he has meant to the league and to its fans, it'll never be at the level of what he meant to the Lakers, their fans, and to Los Angeles and the entire Southland. I think only the Lakers have the right to put his jersey in the rafters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't believe the league should retire his jersey. I thought it was lame when the Heat retired Jordan's # many years ago. If they want to honor him they can have guys wear patches of his jersey numbers for the whole entire season and they could change the all-star MVP trophy name to the Kobe MVP trophy. I think that would be more fitting since Kobe has won the most all-star game MVP awards in the history of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I'd retire Kobe's number league wide. His prime wasn't that long ago so there are still going to be rookies coming into the league for a few years who really looked up to him and modeled their games after his, and will thus want to wear his number as a tribute. I think that would be a better remembrance of his legacy than the league retiring the number. Also I think retiring the number should be left as a tribute from the Lakers. No matter how much he has meant to the league and to its fans, it'll never be at the level of what he meant to the Lakers, their fans, and to Los Angeles and the entire Southland. I think only the Lakers have the right to put his jersey in the rafters.
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol he still not be top10 goat..fkn clowns is in the 15-20 range where he belongs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol he still not be top10 goat..fkn clowns is in the 15-20 range where he belongs...
    Bruh, he is leap frogging everyone after this. He’s #2 now, not because he’s really #2, but because he was the “closest” to MJ we’ve ever seen. Everyone will make the leap now. Plus, you won’t be able to argue because it’ll come across as disrespect to the deceased.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, he is leap frogging everyone after this. He’s #2 now, not because he’s really #2, but because he was the “closest” to MJ we’ve ever seen. Everyone will make the leap now. Plus, you won’t be able to argue because it’ll come across as disrespect to the deceased.
    A lot of truth to this.

The truth is it's debatable whether Kobe was even better than Vince Carter, T-Mac, Paul Pierce, etc. He is probably the most over-rated player in NBA history.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't believe the league should retire his jersey. I thought it was lame when the Heat retired Jordan's # many years ago. If they want to honor him they can have guys wear patches of his jersey numbers for the whole entire season and they could change the all-star MVP trophy name to the Kobe MVP trophy. I think that would be more fitting since Kobe has won the most all-star game MVP awards in the history of the NBA.
    They probably will. NBA doesn't often miss on these marketing opportunities.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The world lost another narcissistic/egotistical sexual predator

Thread Information