Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is 1 conservative station on cable and I check it out. Do you?
    For conservative opinion, sure.

And there are 2.

You aren't going to get straight news from any prime time cable news network show.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If it is a political group... where are the PACs?

My understanding is that it more akin to the civil rights movement than any specific "political group" to my knowledge, i.e. a loose affiliation of people generally agreeing in principle on an issue, lacking formal organizational structures.

Define "political group" here.
    Go to BLM website. Click to donate, you are taken directly to shareblue website.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go to BLM website. Click to donate, you are taken directly to shareblue website.
    And?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I am pointing out to you facts, and you can't actually argue with the ground reality. Feds withdraw... protests magically get peaceful.

So instead of maybe re-thinking your "violent rioter" delusion, you double down and call people telling you what is real... insane?

Do you realize how delusional that sounds?
    “Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.

“When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder," Wheeler said in a news conference with Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell.“

“A riot was declared Wednesday evening when agitators descended upon the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct building, spray-painted over security cameras, broke a glass door with a 2x4, lit a fire using an accelerant and threw fireworks and other objects at officers, according to FOX 12 in Portland.

Police said that a truck also attempted to run over officers.“

“ The front doors of the precinct were barricaded before the fire was started with more than 20 officers and civilian employees inside, police said, according to FOX 12.

Officers used tear gas to disperse the rioters and at least eight people were arrested. A federal court order bars police from using tear gas unless a riot is declared.

“I believe that city staff could have died last night,” Wheeler said. “I cannot and I will not tolerate that. This is not peaceful protests. This is not advocacy to advance reforms.”

“Hurting people and trying to trap people in a building and burn them up, it’s just completely awful,” Portland Fire & Rescue Lt. Damon Simmons reiterated in the news conference, according to FOX 12.

Wheeler said the city anticipates “additional planned attacks on public buildings” in the coming days and said he was giving the police leeway to do what they needed to do to counter those plans as long as it can be done without threatening peaceful protesters.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...mit-murder.amp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was like six people doing the actual damage.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Sorry...not shareblue, ActBlue. ActBlue is a PAC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a definition. If "having a link to the common shareblue website" is a working definition of "political group" that makes it so broad as to classsify just about left-ish cause as a political group.

To me "group" implies something a bit more organized than a task that takes one person throwing up a website with a link.

Define "political group"in your mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.

“When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder," Wheeler said in a news conference with Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell.“

“A riot was declared Wednesday evening when agitators descended upon the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct building, spray-painted over security cameras, broke a glass door with a 2x4, lit a fire using an accelerant and threw fireworks and other objects at officers, according to FOX 12 in Portland.

Police said that a truck also attempted to run over officers.“

“ The front doors of the precinct were barricaded before the fire was started with more than 20 officers and civilian employees inside, police said, according to FOX 12.

Officers used tear gas to disperse the rioters and at least eight people were arrested. A federal court order bars police from using tear gas unless a riot is declared.

“I believe that city staff could have died last night,” Wheeler said. “I cannot and I will not tolerate that. This is not peaceful protests. This is not advocacy to advance reforms.”

“Hurting people and trying to trap people in a building and burn them up, it’s just completely awful,” Portland Fire & Rescue Lt. Damon Simmons reiterated in the news conference, according to FOX 12.

Wheeler said the city anticipates “additional planned attacks on public buildings” in the coming days and said he was giving the police leeway to do what they needed to do to counter those plans as long as it can be done without threatening peaceful protesters.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...mit-murder.amp
    So "riot" is six dudes with a board and a lighter.

To be fair: they should have been arrested for dangerous behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why they don't get arrested sooner. All this it streamed live. It's no secret where these people are or what they're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why they don't get arrested sooner. All this it streamed live. It's no secret where these people are or what they're doing.
    Potemkin protests, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry...not shareblue, ActBlue. ActBlue is a PAC.
    Aren’t they essentially fundraising software like gofundme

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    If you are anything like most conservatives, you know only what fox news chooses to tell you to be outraged about, lazy with confirmation bias, and willing to go along with whatever manufactured outrage de jour the hyper-rich propaganda puppetmasters serve up to keep you voting for their interests over your own.

But lets' roll with your claim to know what is going on, and see if that holds up.

Give me your first hand account of what is happening. What did you witness?
    Unlike you I ingest information from multiple sources. I analyze both liberal and conservative points of view. I actually advocate many liberal points of view. This is certainly not one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Unlike you I ingest information from multiple sources. I analyze both liberal and conservative points of view. I actually advocate many liberal points of view. This is certainly not one of them.
    Name some of the liberal views you advocate, I'm anxious to hear them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But lets' roll with your claim to know what is going on, and see if that holds up.

Give me your first hand account of what is happening. What did you witness?
    sooooo, you didn't really witness anything.

How then do you know what is going on better than... who exactly?

Not even sure what you think is going on.

Because it really seems like a lot of the violence was done by the police themselves, clearing an area and pissing people off. Lots of tear gas and impact munitions hurting people, with an occasional odd beating of veterans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 black privilege

Asking for the warrant and having his rights respected is "privilege".

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Looting in Chicago

This might be the new black norm in this generation.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    CNN completely avoiding. Gutless cowards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Feds (they're still there) don't have the authority to clear streets or beat journalists in Portland, says federal judge

https://www.courthousenews.com/judge...tland-streets/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    benchslapped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland Police stand back and allow street fighting

Portland Police put out a statement to explain their decision not to intervene, saying: "In this case there were hundreds of individuals and many weapons within the groups and an extremely limited amount of police resources actually available to address such a crowd.

"Additionally, [officers] have been the focus of over 80 days of violent actions directed at the police, which is a major consideration for determining if police resources are necessary to interject between two groups with individuals who appear to be willingly engaging in physical confrontations for short durations."
    https://news.sky.com/story/portland-...regon-12054792

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lots of footage here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information