Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he replaced ya boy and you've called him a choker earlier in the season but we need a declaration ... is Mason clutch or a choker?

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last Activity: Today 11:03 PM
    Viewing Thread Declaration needed from whotttt @ 11:03 PM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See my sig for an introduction to whottt's alternate reality...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C-l-u-t-c-h

Big Shot Rog !!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he replaced ya boy and you've called him a choker earlier in the season

Fail...I never called Mason a choker. I specifically have omitted him from my choker list of Bonner, Finley and Thomas because I haven't seen him enough.

Let me ask you this...why would I call a guy a choker when he hasn't choked?

And by choking I am referring to shooting....

but we need a declaration ... is Mason clutch or a choker?

Thanks.

I'm thoroughly pleased...put it this way, Phil won't be leaving him open should we meet in the playoffs...which is almost as good as being clutch.

I'm not going to say he's definitely clutch yet as I still don't know, although I'm definitely leaning that way...but he's got to keep doing it.

2 shots in the regular season isn't enough...

If he turns out to be clutch and a Laker killer that'll be about as good you can get...

Let's see what he does against Boston...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fail...I never called Mason a choker. I specifically have omitted him from my choker list of Bonner, Finley and Thomas because I haven't seen him enough.

Fail. Sideline Mason?

I'm thoroughly pleased...put it this way, Phil won't be leaving open should we meet in the playoffs...which is almost as good as being clutch.

I'm not going to say he's definitely clutch yet as I still don't know. although I'm definitely leaning that way...but he's got to keep doing it.

If he turns out to be clutch and a Laker killer that'll be about as good you can get...

Fair enough, I guess. Although if Barry had hit the clutch shots Mason has hit this season, your post frequency in the Spurs forum would be 100 fold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And by choking I am referring to shooting....

I'm thoroughly pleased...put it this way, Phil won't be leaving him open should we meet in the playoffs...which is almost as good as being clutch.

I'm not going to say he's definitely clutch yet as I still don't know, although I'm definitely leaning that way...but he's got to keep doing it.

2 shots in the regular season isn't enough...

Actuelly he has made 4 big shots for us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See my sig for an introduction to whottt's alternate reality...
    Would you mind switching to the left one and swinging off that one for a bit?

Thanks, in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt, Finley might be old and a crappy player most of the time, but the one thing he is not is a choker. Dude has made his fair share of clutch shots in a Spurs uniform.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fail. Sideline Mason?

Are you denying he ed up a sideline pass?

I didn't say he was a choker though...in fact that same conversation I specifically kept him off the choker list inspite of if the fact that you tried to get me to say he was even in that convo.

Bottom line...I'm not call a guy a choker if they haven't choked...nor am I going to call them clutch for one or two shots. It has to be consistent.

BTW, he did up that sideline play and deserved to be called out for it...would you have prefer I kiss his ass over it?

But a ed up sideline pass isn't going to garner a choker label from me and if it was...Barry had a major one of those too against the Mavs..and obviously I didn't call him a choker.

Fair enough, I guess. Although if Barry had hit the clutch shots Mason has hit this season, your post frequency in the Spurs forum would be 100 fold.

Barry wasn't on the court to finish games as much as Mason has been up to this point of their career...

Perhaps I should pull a timvp and call Mason gutless and heartless like you did with Barry...even after he hit a game winner against LA his first year with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shhh .... whottt is living in a world where Brent Barry has the Rockets atop the West and Bush is being enshrined at Mount Rushmore in a McCain presidency ... don't wake him up

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks, in advance.

-Mars

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt, Finley might be old and a crappy player most of the time, but the one thing he is not is a choker. Dude has made his fair share of clutch shots in a Spurs uniform.
    He's definitely a choker of the highest order...

I have a different definition of clutch that you do...and Finley is about as far away from it as you can get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger
    MA$ON
    doesn't
    do
    bricks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks, in advance.
    You need to stop sucking my right one first.
    But please tell us, how does it feel to be so wrong all the time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have a different definition of clutch that you do...and Finley is about as far away from it as you can get.
    not in his role with the spurs. maybe in dallas, but certainly not with the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you denying he ed up a sideline pass?
    Which pass was it?

But a ed up sideline pass isn't going to garner a choker label from me and if it was...Barry had a major one of those too against the Mavs..and obviously I didn't call him a choker.
    Obviously. Barry got the clutch label from you on day 1.

Barry wasn't on the court to finish games as much as Mason has been up to this point of their career...
    The excuses still live.

True or false: whottt would be posting more if it were Barry hitting the game-winners?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At least we can all agree that the definition of Sucks applies squarely to you...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not in his role with the spurs. maybe in dallas, but certainly not with the spurs.

I'm sorry, but playing well against Denver when they are a 7 seed and we are 2 seed and we are up 3-1, isn't my definition of clutch...like I said, we have a different definition of clutch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS...Finley still sucks ass and I'd just as soon not discuss him...I hate that ing whiner and the day he is no longer on the team will be one of my best ones as a Spur fan.

If I were you I wouldn't mention him much in threads about Mason as you don't want to accidentally give Mason what Finley has...

I know I know...but Finley is so high character, because whining about Bowen and ass ing the Mavs after they let him go for turning cancerous when his minutes got cut...is so high character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ♥ AJ to I ♥ Mason = Whott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but playing well against Denver when they are a 7 seed and we are 2 seed and we are up 3-1, isn't my definition of clutch...like I said, we have a different definition of clutch.
    I don't have expectations of him playing fantastic ball for entire ball games like he did against Denver. I only expect him to hit crunch time 3s which he has done on many occasions. I've always been of the opinion that Finley is nothing more than a situational player.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan doesn't get a chance to hit that 3 against the suns last spring if finley doesn't hit a clutch one first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which pass was it?

Obviously. Barry got the clutch label from you on day 1.
    In part because Barry was pretty clutch with the Sonics...

#1. He tore the Lakers a new asshole...the Shaq, Kobe Lakers. Back when AJ was putting up 0-fers and letting DFish set finals records for 3 shooting against him.

#2. Barry had a knack for hitting game winners with the Sonics, including a memorable one against the Spurs...if you'd been a Spurfan then you'd remember it.

#3. I got to watch Barry against the Spurs and Bowen in the playoffs one year...and Bowen was pretty brutal on him...nontheless, Barry played his best game in the elimination game of that series.

Again...if you'd been a Spurfan then, you'd know why.

It's kinda like how I knew Robert Horry was still..clutch when you were saying he was done...because I watched what he did with other teams.

The excuses still live.

True or false: whottt would be posting more if it were Barry hitting the game-winners?

I'd be posting more if the entire forum was calling Mason heartless and gutless when he obviously he isn't...just like I did with Barry...

That said, I might have to kick it up a notch if Mason is already getting coronated the second coming of Steven Jackson when he clearly doesn't deserve it yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Steven Jackson???

Thread Information