Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you happy with the Trump presidency right now?
    I already told you he really messed up by listening to the "experts" on the Covid response, so that's a negative. Other than that he's doing a great job though. Seeing people like Bill Kristol, the Bush family, Romney move to the Democrat party gives him bonus points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already told you he really messed up by listening to the "experts" on the Covid response, so that's a negative. Other than that he's doing a great job though. Seeing people like Bill Kristol, the Bush family, Romney move to the Democrat party gives him bonus points.
    Listening to Dr. Fauci being viewed as messing up by you.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bill Kristol being embraced as a "new Democrat" the party is trying to build its platform around probably pisses me off more than anybody else. That guy has never seen a foreign conflict he didn't think the US should needlessly insert itself in. He's the neocon of neocons.

In less than 10 years he went from being a guy Bill Maher invited onto his to show make conservatives look like assholes to a guy Bill Maher is screeching about how the Democrats need to try to win over

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's doing a great job
    OK, You're voting for Trump.

What's he doing great?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Promises made, promises kept.

Health care, we got a great plan.

No plan...

Good stuff.
    We could go right down a gigantic list of his promises...
    Great job, just wonderful...

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    embracing neocons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Kristol being embraced as a "new Democrat" the party is trying to build its platform around probably pisses me off more than anybody else. That guy has never seen a foreign conflict he didn't think the US should needlessly insert itself in. He's the neocon of neocons.

In less than 10 years he went from being a guy Bill Maher invited onto his to show make conservatives look like assholes to a guy Bill Maher is screeching about how the Democrats need to try to win over
    They're just Democrats returning to their proper party as far as I'm concerned. It's good to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People tapping out when a cop has his knee on your neck.

OH, You want to die now?
    K.
    Will do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People tapping out when a cop has his knee on your neck.

OH, You want to die now?
    K.
    Will do.
    Wut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not for you.

And yes they know.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the experts tell him it was a Democratic hoax?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

God, Maher has become unwatchable the last 2-3 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just Democrats returning to their proper party as far as I'm concerned. It's good to see.
    It’s good to have less people selling your bull message? When has that ever been good?

Is Esper one of us then? Trump should probably start treating his own people with respect before they all leave him bleeding on the wh floor.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

I voted for Romney, think he would have been a very good potus, but I never thought he had a chance to win.
    I'm going to vote for Trump for the same reasons although even the Trump takeover doesn't give me much optimism the the GOP moderates will grow a backbone. If they were capable of standing up to the extreme right they would have let the very good Senate immigration bill pass and put the issue to bed.
    You were a much more reasonable poster before the TDS, tbh. But circle the wagons, it's what you guys do best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats celebrating GWB, Romney, and Mattis as heroes.
    Democrats always wanting to be on the side of the looters?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s good to have less people selling your bull message? When has that ever been good?

Is Esper one of us then?
    Trump should probably start treating his own people with respect before they all leave him bleeding on the wh floor.
    Without a doubt. Advisor to Chuck Hagel, then a Dubya guy, then a lobbyist for raytheon. Hard to be more neocon than that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were a much more reasonable poster before the TDS, tbh. But circle the wagons, it's what you guys do best.
    I did think that about Romney. Was very wrong about him.

edit: probably more a case of self delusion tbh. Same as all of you Dems who are convincing yourselves that Biden is the right man for the job.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah he’s become an insufferable asshole. All he talks about now is winning the center

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What changed your mind about Romney? It sounds like you wanted moderate Republicans to stand up to Trump. When did that change?

edit: probably more a case of self delusion tbh. Same as all of you Dems who are convincing yourselves that Biden is the right man for the job.
    But that's the thing, we're not. This very thread is 17 pages of mostly liberals disagreeing to various degrees on Joe Biden's viability for the job. Have you seen a thread like this between board conservatives in the past four years? Of course not. Because you guys cheer for the uniform and forget your convictions.

The only reason most of the liberals in this thread are going to vote for Biden is because of his opponent. Basically the same reason you gave for voting for Trump last time even though you knew he was a piece of .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What is Trump currently doing well as POTUS? Try not to mention other politicians in your answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never understood the appeal, honestly. I didn't even like him when he hosted Politically Incorrect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's really two perspectives to this. If you want to shift towards a direction, you need power. You need to control Congress and/or the Presidency. Sure, you might argue that once they had power, Dems didn't do . The GOP will be equally pissed if they lose the election next November and Obamacare is in the books.

But undeniably, if you do not have power, you simply cannot effect any kind of change. This is the centrist democrat approach.

The other perspective is that everyone is a corporate , and thus we need some sort of liberal revolution outsider. A populist candidate, somebody that tells it how it is. That's how Trump ran in '16, BTW, he was a populist, ran on ending globalization, cheap healthcare, as the outsider and unknown that was going to clear the swamp (more hopey and changey), and he had a liberally social track record.

So they are two different approaches towards the same goal.

Now I'm looking at the field of Dems that ran, and I'm thinking, who outside of Bernie, and maybe Warren can be that revolutionary? I don't see it. So I get the disappointment about opportunity lost, but I don't really see a clear approach towards that end. Maybe AOC will run some day? Who knows, just not in the books this time around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude sounds defeated already. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The other perspective is that everyone is a corporate "

BigDonors own and operate govt. The only people who can change that are the govt s, who won't cut off their own noses.

"we need some sort of liberal revolution outsider"

ain't EVER gonna happen, since a dedicated progressive in the WH (eg a Bernie type) simply won't be given bills from Congress that are equally progressive.

Congress is not progressive, eg Dems have swallowed the neoliberal turd, and in general, is more conservative than the public.

eg, at least 50% of Repug voters are indifferent to abortion (they need it, too), while Repug Congresspeople are totally against it.

Change We Can Believe In, is belief, like the Bible, with NO evidence. Just a fantasy.

Then we have the polluted, politicized tainted Federal judiciary-for-life, with eg, SCOTUS creating "qualified immunity" that supports polices brutality and murder.

Assume Dems get 51+ in the Senate, maintain/increase House dominance, and Biden as Pres. Dems won't even try to rebuild the destruction from the Repugs of that last 20 years.

btw, anything Trash does from now to Nov falls with the 6 months that allow ALL of it rto be annulled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Review_Act

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Love how lowkey he is about being an antivaxxer

Thread Information