Page 188 of 210 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5238
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going from an tu cocque to a false equivalence.

Do they both let their sky-daddy beliefs guide their policy equally?
    "cocque"

You uneducated mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever the causes, it's happening

The amount of heat Earth traps has roughly doubled since 2005, contributing to more rapidly warming oceans, air and land, according to new research from NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“The magnitude of the increase is unprecedented,” said No Letters. “The Earth is warming faster than expected.”rman Loeb, a NASA scientist and lead author of the study, which was published this week in the journal Geophysical Research
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...eat-nasa-says/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "cocque"

You uneducated mother er.
    can't actually address any actual point.

Limp- spelling smack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The premise is simple, there's not enough terrestrial stuff for economies and population to expand constantly without wrecking the environment or using up the materials necessary to sustain economic growth..

The solution proposed, global synchronous flatlined resource use AND global synchronous declines in pollution, won't happen for the obvious reasons.

( ed, un able, etc..)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubai-like temperatures in Oregon and Washington next week?

Weather modeling is more art than science, hope it doesn't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Limp- spelling smack.
    Stick to simple words. When you try to wax philosophical you come across like a dumb ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Limp- spelling smack.
    [more smack that doesn't actually address any substantive point]
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't made a substantive point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubai-like temperatures in Oregon and Washington next week?

Weather modeling is more art than science, hope it doesn't happen.

I wouldn't worry, AOC will raise money for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climate change denial is pseudoscientific bull .

Easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his point was that people in government use pseudoscience to justify inaction re: climate change and your rebuttal was "well the other side believes in god too"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his point was that people in government use pseudoscience to justify inaction re: climate change and your rebuttal was "well the other side believes in god too"
    Sums it up well.

I would add that the pseudoscience is very often a think vaneer that covers for covers for essentially campaign-cash bribes by the fossil fuel industry. A deep-pocket, multi-trillion dollar industry that will fight tooth and nail agaist the notion that its product is harmful.

Further:
    We should act immediately, and decisively to deal with the problem. Doing so would not only prevent a lot of human problems, but would also be arguably better for the economy.

and

The doom and gloom claims on pseudoscience side about the impact to the economy are not supported by evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums it up well.

I would add that the pseudoscience is very often a think vaneer that covers for covers for essentially campaign-cash bribes by the fossil fuel industry. A deep-pocket, multi-trillion dollar industry that will fight tooth and nail agaist the notion that its product is harmful.

Further:
    We should act immediately, and decisively to deal with the problem. Doing so would not only prevent a lot of human problems, but would also be arguably better for the economy.

and

The doom and gloom claims on pseudoscience side about the impact to the economy are not supported by evidence.
    Merchants of Doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did I indicate I didn't understand what he was saying?

If you profess a belief in the same god and profess to follow the teachings of the same god, you're in the same "believes bull and uses it to justify actions" category as others in that group. As long as people believe in fairies, there's no reason to pretend they'll ever use pure science to make decisions. Besides, we cannot know everything, right? Ergo god. The leaps on climate change are much narrower gaps than the one they've already overcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did I indicate I didn't understand what he was saying?
    when you gave that complete non sequitur response

If you profess a belief in the same god and profess to follow the teachings of the same god, you're in the same "believes bull and uses it to justify actions" category as others in that group. As long as people believe in fairies, there's no reason to pretend they'll ever use pure science to make decisions. Besides, we cannot know everything, right? Ergo god. The leaps on climate change are much narrower gaps than the one they've already overcome.
    what policy positions are held the “the left” which they justify with religion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you gave that complete non sequitur response

what policy positions are held the “the left” which they justify with religion
    Are you saying people who openly profess to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ do not allow those teachings to affect how they make decisions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying people who openly profess to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ do not allow those teachings to affect how they make decisions?
    i asked you what policy positions are held by "the left" which they justify with religion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i asked you what policy positions are held by "the left" which they justify with religion
    “I think it’s unfortunate [the Democratic Party] has lost touch with a religious tradition that I think can help explain and relate our values. At least in my interpretation, it helps to root a lot of what it is we do believe in, when it comes to protecting the sick and the stranger and the poor, as well as skepticism of the wealthy and the powerful and the established.” -Mayor Pete

Do you want a party platform bullet point or will individual quotes from prominent democrats suffice? People vote based on their conscience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act like the left is secular when in fact it's a cult with its own religion of which "climate change" is one chapter in their bible of falsehoods.

We should all be dead by now from what Al Gore told us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I think it’s unfortunate [the Democratic Party] has lost touch with a religious tradition that I think can help explain and relate our values. At least in my interpretation, it helps to root a lot of what it is we do believe in, when it comes to protecting the sick and the stranger and the poor, as well as skepticism of the wealthy and the powerful and the established.” -Mayor Pete

Do you want a party platform bullet point or will individual quotes from prominent democrats suffice? People vote based on their conscience.
    all im asking is for you to name one or a few policy positions held by "the left" which they justify with religion

based on your quote from buttigieg are you claiming that "the left" holds the positions of "protecting the sick and stranger and the poor, as well as skepticism of the wealthy and the powerful and the established" and justifies those positions with religion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act like the left is secular when in fact it's a cult with its own religion of which "climate change" is one chapter in their bible of falsehoods.
    how is it a religion?

do you think religion just means "something that people believe" ?

We should all be dead by now from what Al Gore told us.
    al gore isn't a scientist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all im asking is for you to name one or a few policy positions held by "the left" which they justify with religion

based on your quote from buttigieg are you claiming that "the left" holds the positions of "protecting the sick and stranger and the poor, as well as skepticism of the wealthy and the powerful and the established" and justifies those positions with religion?
    When they claim to hold faith in a god and then go on to espouse morals that align with their interpretation of their religious belief, then sure. They don't need to say "because of my religion" when they have offered up a preface

“Every great religion in the world, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, others, essentially comes down to Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. And what I have believed my whole life – I believed it when I was a 22 year old getting arrested in Chicago protesting segregation – that at some level we are all in this together. When you hurt, I hurt. And when my kids hurt, you hurt. And it is very easy to turn out backs on kids who are hungry and veterans who are sleeping out in the street and we can develop a psychology that says ‘I don’t have to worry about them, all I got to worry about is how I can make another five billion dollars. But I believe that everybody in this room impacts everybody else in all kinds of ways that we can’t even understand, its beyond intellect. It’s a spiritual, emotional thing. When we do the right thing, when we treat one another with respect and dignity, I think we are more human. That’s my religion, that’s what I believe in.” Bernie Sanders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “That passage is not about you had a good thought and held on to it. You sat back and were just a part of — you know, thought about good things. It does not say, you just didn’t hurt anybody, and that’s good enough. No. It says, you saw something wrong. You saw somebody who was thirsty. You saw somebody who was in prison. You saw their face. You saw somebody who was hungry, and it moved you to act. I believe we are called on to act.” - Sen Elizabeth Warren

Individually they profess that they act on their religious beliefs yet you somehow think they collectively don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they claim to hold faith in a god and then go on to espouse morals that align with their interpretation of their religious belief, then sure. They don't need to say "because of my religion" when they have offered up a preface

“Every great religion in the world, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, others, essentially comes down to Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. And what I have believed my whole life – I believed it when I was a 22 year old getting arrested in Chicago protesting segregation – that at some level we are all in this together. When you hurt, I hurt. And when my kids hurt, you hurt. And it is very easy to turn out backs on kids who are hungry and veterans who are sleeping out in the street and we can develop a psychology that says ‘I don’t have to worry about them, all I got to worry about is how I can make another five billion dollars. But I believe that everybody in this room impacts everybody else in all kinds of ways that we can’t even understand, its beyond intellect. It’s a spiritual, emotional thing. When we do the right thing, when we treat one another with respect and dignity, I think we are more human. That’s my religion, that’s what I believe in.” Bernie Sanders
    “That passage is not about you had a good thought and held on to it. You sat back and were just a part of — you know, thought about good things. It does not say, you just didn’t hurt anybody, and that’s good enough. No. It says, you saw something wrong. You saw somebody who was thirsty. You saw somebody who was in prison. You saw their face. You saw somebody who was hungry, and it moved you to act. I believe we are called on to act.” - Sen Elizabeth Warren

Individually they profess that they act on their religious beliefs yet you somehow think they collectively don't.
    so "the left" justifies desegregation and caring for the sick and poor with religion. thats your critique and counter to RG's point that the right uses pseudoscience to justify inaction on climate change?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so "the left" justifies desegregation and caring for the sick and poor with religion. thats your critique?
    Actually I don't know what era you're living in but the left is clearly for segregation these days.

Thread Information