Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Luckily for South America they play the playoffs against Oceania....a sure shot win.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    btw, why the does israel play the european qualifiers?

Too much hostility if the played in Asia. Also lets be honest, Majority of people in Isarel are European Jews who immigrated to Israel after Britain handed them Palestine..

Turkey should also be playing in Asia, tbh. Istanbul (constantinople) is really the only geographically Euopean city. 95% of Turkey is Asia and your typical turk acts like a central Asian culturally anway.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Because in the early times, Muslim countries refused to play against them so Asia qualifiers were kinda gay (they even qualified once for the WC without playing a single match, but FIFA stopped it). That's why in the 90s Israel was moved to UEFA.

Because in the early times, Muslim countries refused to play against them so Asia qualifiers were kinda gay (they even qualified once for the WC without playing a single match, but FIFA stopped it). That's why in the 90s Israel was moved to UEFA.
    What happens in Argentina if you guys dobt qualify?

Crazy thing about South America, there's really only two pushover teams. You go on a tough streak and get like 2 points in three games and you're ed. Makes it extremely likely for top teams to not qualify.

In Europe they have so many groups that in every group, there at least three pushover teams. Even if you up, best second place is still your most likely outcome.

Imagine Brazil not making it too..

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    The South American zone is the toughest by far. There are no weak teams, it used to be Venezuela but they are good too now.
    It probably is but that doesn't mean it's pleasing to watch, most of the time teams play rugby football tbh.. It isn't just that they hit a lot, most teams take major precautions by defending with their lifes and they don't let games get open.. take Argentina for example, a team that has a lot of good players but as a team I don't know when was the last time they played great pleasing football tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Still an ass kicking, and it was against Blivia.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    It probably is but that doesn't mean it's pleasing to watch, most of the time teams play rugby football tbh.. It isn't just that they hit a lot, most teams take major precautions by defending with their lifes and they don't let games get open.. take Argentina for example, a team that has a lot of good players but as a team I don't know when was the last time they played great pleasing football tbh.
    The son? Just a couple of months agc we were talking about how entertaining the Copa America was and how boring the Eurocup was.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Games in La Paz don't count, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Height issue + Maradona coaching tbh

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Height issue + Maradona coaching tbh
    Yep, misty being a midget + refusing to follow DieGOAT's lead was the main reason for that defeat tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yep, misty being a midget + refusing to follow DieGOAT's lead was the main reason for that defeat tbh
    Exactly

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Years after a scandal saw more than a dozen Salvadoran players banned for life, El Salvador's current national team spoke out against an offer made to players this weekend.

El Salvador players made public accusations Monday that they were approached by a businessman who offered to pay players for each moment they were leading, tied or even losing 1-0 in Tuesday's World Cup qualification match against Canada.
    The game has serious implications for the Hex, the final round of World Cup qualification in the CONCACAF region. While El Salvador is eliminated, Canada must beat La Selecta by a large margin or Honduras will advance. Honduras also will advance if its able to get a win or draw against Mexico in the Estadio Azteca, regardless of the result of El Salvador and Canada's game.
    With his teammates sitting behind him, El Salvador forward Nelson Bonilla told reporters that players were approached Saturday night at the team's hotel by a Salvadoran businessman, Ricardo Padilla, who had an offer from a Honduran friend to present the players.
    Bonilla then played the recording, where Padilla, can be heard explaining a scheme
    "The first proposal is the following: $30 for minute played and match won. This would be $2,700 if you play the 90 minutes. If you play 50 minutes, it's $1,500, if you play 60 minutes it's $1,800," Padilla says. The man later outlines that he would pay $20 for each minute of a tie and $15 for each minute of a 1-0 defeat.
    Five players are heard on the recording and after the initial proposal, they ask questions, including who the person putting up the money is and why the payments would change if the team was defeated.
    El Salvador had 14 players banned for life in 2013 after investigation into a match manipulation scandal revealed evidence that players had altered results in various compe ions.
    "I think here the majority of us are worried because of what's happened, and nobody wants..." one player says before Padilla interrupts him, saying, "No, listen, wait. Match manipulation is when they pay you because you'll lose, but there's nothing like that here."
    "But you said if we lose 1-0, you'd still pay us," another player points out. "They'd be beating us."
    The players continue to express concern about the offer while the man elaborates. The recording closes with a player saying, "We thank you for the time you took to come here to make this proposal, but nobody accepts it. Tell your friend to be calm, that we're going to do what we can to win."
    After playing the recording Bonilla read a statement, saying "With respect to what we just heard, we want to make clear that we’re against this anything like this act. We want to be very transparent in front of the public about anything happening with the national team and want to disassociate ourselves from whatever bad impression this event could cause."
    Padilla, the ex-president of Salvadoran club Alianza, admitted to reporters in El Salvador that he made the offer, corroborating the numbers from the tape, and said he wasn't concerned about the implications.
    "What they will see doesn't worry me," he said. "If someone wants to see it in a bad light, they will and they who wants to see it positively, they will."
    Padilla also confirmed the players' account that nobody accepted the offer.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ricardo Padilla the man that spoke to the players responded on a radio show:
    Source: http://www.edhdeportes.com/articulo/...o-mundo-124376
    Translation:
    RP: I congratulate them for releasing the audio clip. However I will say they recorded me without my consent and if that's illegal I will get a lawyer if that's illegal, I don't know.
    Radio Host: So now that you are confirming this tape is real, the deal was real as well?
    RP: The deal was real, is something wrong with it?
    Radio Host: No, I'm asking. So the deal is real.
    RP: Yes it's real. And I came in through the big door (of the hotel). I invited Ismael Molaco, I told the players to invite the cops, the fiscal people and the President of the major league.
    Radio Host: So you're saying you're the middle man for the Honduran businessman?
    RP: No, no there is no Honduran businessman. Listen, a player said, the deal I was making was going to favor Honduras. He said that, listen to the clip. So then I, in order to go with the flow, said yes it's, it's, I don't know what I said. Its a Honduran businessman, friend of mine. But I said it jokingly.
    Radio Host: So you're saying it's a deal that just involves you, not the businessman.
    RP: yes just mine. I used to do the same with Allianca (was President of local club Allianca). Verify it with the players. Also against Mexico I offered the deal.
    Radio Host: The deal was the same against Mexico
    RP: No it was less. The reason why being that we were going to lose against Mexico but not by much. So the deal for Mexico was either to best Mexico or draw
    Radio Host: So in either case they declined.
    RP: No, I will explain how it went against Mexico. The deal was through the academy, I never talked to the players. Is there something wrong with it?
    Radio Host: No, I mean you weren't involved with the deal against Mexico. You weren't the one that met the players against Mexico.
    RP: No I spoke to Neto Paricio. But it's the truth I always pre-pay. I always pay my debts. This time I met with the players because the people are tired of losing against everyone. I'm tired and I have spent so much money in soccer. It's not new, I always have paid my players. I have never played the lotto, never been a middle man, I'm not easily bought. I've worked I'm 74, worked all my life to get places. What happened was someone recorded it, I will talk to a lawyer tomorrow, if it's illegal I will sue. I told them call the cops I haven't done anything illegal. The only reason they released it was because they are trying to cover their asses just in case they lose.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    ty coaching killing Alphanel per par.

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    son there is no escape from taking 7 goals in a knock out game .. accept it.

Years after a scandal saw more than a dozen Salvadoran players banned for life, El Salvador's current national team spoke out against an offer made to players this weekend.

El Salvador players made public accusations Monday that they were approached by a businessman who offered to pay players for each moment they were leading, tied or even losing 1-0 in Tuesday's World Cup qualification match against Canada.
    The game has serious implications for the Hex, the final round of World Cup qualification in the CONCACAF region. While El Salvador is eliminated, Canada must beat La Selecta by a large margin or Honduras will advance. Honduras also will advance if its able to get a win or draw against Mexico in the Estadio Azteca, regardless of the result of El Salvador and Canada's game.
    With his teammates sitting behind him, El Salvador forward Nelson Bonilla told reporters that players were approached Saturday night at the team's hotel by a Salvadoran businessman, Ricardo Padilla, who had an offer from a Honduran friend to present the players.
    Bonilla then played the recording, where Padilla, can be heard explaining a scheme
    "The first proposal is the following: $30 for minute played and match won. This would be $2,700 if you play the 90 minutes. If you play 50 minutes, it's $1,500, if you play 60 minutes it's $1,800," Padilla says. The man later outlines that he would pay $20 for each minute of a tie and $15 for each minute of a 1-0 defeat.
    Five players are heard on the recording and after the initial proposal, they ask questions, including who the person putting up the money is and why the payments would change if the team was defeated.
    El Salvador had 14 players banned for life in 2013 after investigation into a match manipulation scandal revealed evidence that players had altered results in various compe ions.
    "I think here the majority of us are worried because of what's happened, and nobody wants..." one player says before Padilla interrupts him, saying, "No, listen, wait. Match manipulation is when they pay you because you'll lose, but there's nothing like that here."
    "But you said if we lose 1-0, you'd still pay us," another player points out. "They'd be beating us."
    The players continue to express concern about the offer while the man elaborates. The recording closes with a player saying, "We thank you for the time you took to come here to make this proposal, but nobody accepts it. Tell your friend to be calm, that we're going to do what we can to win."
    After playing the recording Bonilla read a statement, saying "With respect to what we just heard, we want to make clear that we’re against this anything like this act. We want to be very transparent in front of the public about anything happening with the national team and want to disassociate ourselves from whatever bad impression this event could cause."
    Padilla, the ex-president of Salvadoran club Alianza, admitted to reporters in El Salvador that he made the offer, corroborating the numbers from the tape, and said he wasn't concerned about the implications.
    "What they will see doesn't worry me," he said. "If someone wants to see it in a bad light, they will and they who wants to see it positively, they will."
    Padilla also confirmed the players' account that nobody accepted the offer.
    ing Canada..Watched every canada game in the qualifiers..what a waste of time. It's like canada fields 11 defenders there. No one nows how to score or even create chances.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ing Canada..Watched every canada game in the qualifiers..what a waste of time. It's like canada fields 11 defenders there. No one nows how to score or even create chances.
    But why did u watch that tbh?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    France

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Cavani

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argentina
    Banegas
    Biglia
    Lamela
    Rj

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Good goal tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argentina without Messi

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    ing Venezuela. The easiest away game of the entire qualifiers and these ers can't take advantage of it without GOG holding their handa.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Di Maria should pull one of his best moves/injuries tbh

Thread Information