Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Meh they should just remove the 3 pt line altogether imho but we all know that’s bot happening

Or if they keep it as it is, they should just remove the zone D
    Zone D has definitely led to more 3 pt shooting

If they extend it, players will adapt overtime and it will be same
    i think the 3 is a good part of the game, its just become too easy of a shot. but before it was overly spammed, i felt it was a fun part of the game, allowed for some major momentum swings, and helps space the middle for post players. im afraid that if you take away the line, then theres basically no reason to play defense more than 18 feet out, and it will just be a sloppy mess in the paint, and the defense conceding a bunch of long 2s.

i prefer seeing zone d to seeing blatant hand checking. but you have to have one or the other, otherwise its literally impossible to play good defense and scoring will be 150ppg+.

i mostly think if they adjust fould definitions to get rid of the cheap fouls that offensive players initiate, that will bring back a lot more of the physicality to the game, and encourage more mid-range and post-ups, and fix the vast majority of the problems. if i had to choose one aspect to adjust, it would easily be rule definitions over adjusting the 3pt line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the 3 is a good part of the game, its just become too easy of a shot. but before it was overly spammed, i felt it was a fun part of the game, allowed for some major momentum swings, and helps space the middle for post players. im afraid that if you take away the line, then theres basically no reason to play defense more than 18 feet out, and it will just be a sloppy mess in the paint, and the defense conceding a bunch of long 2s.

i prefer seeing zone d to seeing blatant hand checking. but you have to have one or the other, otherwise its literally impossible to play good defense and scoring will be 150ppg+.

i mostly think if they adjust fould definitions to get rid of the cheap fouls that offensive players initiate, that will bring back a lot more of the physicality to the game, and encourage more mid-range and post-ups, and fix the vast majority of the problems. if i had to choose one aspect to adjust, it would easily be rule definitions over adjusting the 3pt line.
    3 pt line definitely has its place in the game , I think it was more fun was it was only a part of the game like it was in 1990´s - when there was no zone D.

When Majerle made 6 three pointers in a Finals game , or if he made a long 3 people would talk about it the next day. Now you have guys like Curry or Dame who make 10 three pointers a night from the logo after a doing a sick crossover dribble and we’re like « meh it’s normal » it’s like watching someone make free throws

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should shorten the 3 point line, tbh...

This is all for the casuals, you niglets don't get it. The fans of the game will always be there in some capacity or another.

The fans take care of filling up the ty parts of the arena, the corporate tixs go to the casuals, and the teams cash in whether they show up or not.

Same thing with ratings, all about the casual fan that wants to watch "history in the making" and "350 points scored in a game for the first time ever"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah they are more likely to add a 4 pointer before they ditch the 3.

Meh they should just remove the 3 pt line altogether imho but we all know that’s bot happening

Or if they keep it as it is, they should just remove the zone D
    Zone D has definitely led to more 3 pt shooting

If they extend it, players will adapt overtime and it will be same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should shorten the 3 point line, tbh...
    Why? DK is retired

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    3 pt line definitely has its place in the game , I think it was more fun was it was only a part of the game like it was in 1990´s - when there was no zone D.

When Majerle made 6 three pointers in a Finals game , or if he made a long 3 people would talk about it the next day. Now you have guys like Curry or Dame who make 10 three pointers a night from the logo after a doing a sick crossover dribble and we’re like « meh it’s normal » it’s like watching someone make free throws
    i think its a bit of a stretch to say when steph or dame does it that its normal or "meh", it definitely still amazes people, its just not a new thing anymore. but tbh thats the same for all exceptional skills, whether it was dirks fade, kareems skyhook, or mikes turnaround. they are iconic shots that initially wowed people to no end, but in time lost their luster and just became routine, expected shots for those particular guys.

but i think that by lengthening the 3pt line, it will discourage coaches allowing average joes to chuck like them since %s will certainly drop, and thus the mathematical justification for doing it will no longer exist. it will keep those super deep, difficult 3pointers more exclusive to the truly elite shooters, or someone having an unbelievably hot night. no different than an average player trying to imitate mikes fadeaway, where if they cant make it and keep taking it, they will inexplicably get benched. players get benched for "doing too much", but the 3pt shot is so easy right now that crappy shooters can still hit 33% which mathematically justifies them shooting. make it harder to where they are consistently shooting 25%, and coaches wont allow it nearly as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think its a bit of a stretch to say when steph or dame does it that its normal or "meh", it definitely still amazes people, its just not a new thing anymore. but tbh thats the same for all exceptional skills, whether it was dirks fade, kareems skyhook, or mikes turnaround. they are iconic shots that initially wowed people to no end, but in time lost their luster and just became routine, expected shots for those particular guys.

but i think that by lengthening the 3pt line, it will discourage coaches allowing average joes to chuck like them since %s will certainly drop, and thus the mathematical justification for doing it will no longer exist. it will keep those super deep, difficult 3pointers more exclusive to the truly elite shooters, or someone having an unbelievably hot night. no different than an average player trying to imitate mikes fadeaway, where if they cant make it and keep taking it, they will inexplicably get benched. players get benched for "doing too much", but the 3pt shot is so easy right now that crappy shooters can still hit 33% which mathematically justifies them shooting. make it harder to where they are consistently shooting 25%, and coaches wont allow it nearly as much.
    Yes today few players would be able to shoot from behind a 4 pt line, an exclusive group of players as you say, but players will eventually adapt and the next generation of average joes will be able to shoot 4 pointers

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yes today few players would be able to shoot from behind a 4 pt line, an exclusive group of players as you say, but players will eventually adapt and the next generation of average joes will be able to shoot 4 pointers
    perhaps they will adapt, although i dont think its quite that easy as there are still physical human limitations. otherwise then by that theory, in 50 more years everyone will be able to consistently hit 90 foot heaves.

but regardless if a player can consistently shoot from 28+, they are not average by any means. thats exceptional.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He got caught indicting White for wanting him just for the high probability of #17. Caught us dead to rights, on-the-spot. We rose up and gave him in the finger.

We'll then he was conflicted. "Should I win it, or, deny White their onions, their (want), their (need)?" tee, hee. Because it was like money from home. Guaranteed. Just show up and iron out the bubbles on the BLM decals and tip the in' ball. 48 minutes later #17 and White forgets that mother er.

He couldn't help himself>>>A real Black woulda got in his streets, knelt at the mid court and refused to move.

Thanks LeBron for #17. Now, shut the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perhaps they will adapt, although i dont think its quite that easy as there are still physical human limitations. otherwise then by that theory, in 50 more years everyone will be able to consistently hit 90 foot heaves.

but regardless if a player can consistently shoot from 28+, they are not average by any means. thats exceptional.
    In 50 years they won’t even have to get in the arena, they will literally shoot from the parking lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA has a few issues.

1. Lack of a true face of the NBA. Lebron has tried to be that and has been somewhat successful but he's too political to represent a private business very well.
    2. Too much talent on too few teams. This was ok back when there were 1 or 2 games on TV but now you can watch every game of every team from your living room. Why would you want to when 90% of them are farm teams?
    3. COVID-19
    4. They keep remaking themselves to try to improve their earnings. They should have canned things like the dunk contest a long time ago and just award the best in-game dunk of the year. You might see better in game dunks if they did. Compounding the issue is when a non NBAer can out dunk any of them and they show it on TV with NBA personalities commenting.
    5. Player contracts are worthless. If your team isn't a large market team and you get a good draft pick, there's a good chance that pick will sit out and demand a trade. I'd give the NBA more thought if teams started kicking these people out. So you're a good shooter and you can dunk? Too bad you reneged on your contract. Now you're not eligible to play in the NBA. Good luck in China. The NBA has to enforce this though, it cannot be franchises fighting over this player like dogs over a bone.

What isn't a problem in the NBA

1. The 3 pt shot. If players are getting better at it, so be it. I want to see out of this world skills.
    2. Boring teams. If teams play fundamental basketball and they can fill their seats, that's their brand of ball and the rules shouldn't change to make them more exciting.
    3. Players having political opinions. Players are stars, people want their opinions and they are allowed to have them, and maybe it's in bent upon them to voice their opinion on sensitive social issues. There's a fine line though between having an opinion and being a mouthpiece, and like anyone else in the spotlight, they will be held responsible for the things they say.
    Last edited by DMC; 05-16-2021 at 04:14 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    NBA is in a catch 22 with the politics. They are a League centered on star players/image. It suits them with popularity of social media. Central reason why the game (not necessarily any longer the League) is so popular globally.

Currently the League is a hostage to what occurs socially & culturally to the singular player demographic - American black males.

Note: MLB is 60% white male but NBA is 75% black male.

NBA needs more diversity. Then this stuff will still have a place in the League but it won't be so one-sided and repe ive. Consider when Kanter and his political issues were a hot topic and Jeremy Lin & his experience. Imagine Yao Ming playing today.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-16-2021 at 07:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is in a catch 22 with the politics. They are a League centered on star players/image. It suits them with popularity of social media. Central reason why the game (not necessarily any longer the League) is so popular globally.

Currently the League is a hostage to what occurs socially & culturally to the singular player demographic - American black males.

Note: MLB is 60% white male but NBA is 75% black male.

NBA needs more diversity. Then this stuff will still have a place in the League but it won't be so one-sided and repe ive. Consider when Kanter and his political issues were a hot topic and Jeremy Lin & his experience. Imagine Yao Ming playing today.
    Anus Cancer's issues never really caught my attention. Jeremy Lin, I think, made more of a few comments at him than was probably needed just to get the attention. Yao Ming playing today wouldn't really mean anything, the NBA is already blowing China. I mean, Yao was raised to play ball, his mom and dad were forced to have a child together and that child was forced to play basketball. Great example.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest MJ slurper after Skip

Jordan scores a normal layup
    “A gorgeous move… by Michael Jordan”

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    During my morning stretch I channel surfed and clicked on Knicks/Hawks. Took me a few moments to realize who the "MLK" are. Not even their team colors. Imagine putting on a German football match (playoff no less) and the team has Martin Luther initials across the chest. Confusing.

Players lounging around the bench area. All the clothing contains some ambiguous word. If not some $100 walmart hoodie.

The product is messy and amateurish. For their sake it changes after Covid but this has inmates running the asylum vibe all over it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Huh? What about Bob Costas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? What about Bob Costas?
    Him too

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Basketball in America is a sinking ship

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    During my morning stretch I channel surfed and clicked on Knicks/Hawks. Took me a few moments to realize who the "MLK" are. Not even their team colors. Imagine putting on a German football match (playoff no less) and the team has Martin Luther initials across the chest. Confusing.

Players lounging around the bench area. All the clothing contains some ambiguous word. If not some $100 walmart hoodie.

The product is messy and amateurish. For their sake it changes after Covid but this has inmates running the asylum vibe all over it.
    ...it was either let 'em run it, or, face dire consequences.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ahmad Rashad was the worst.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ahmad Rashad was the worst.
    That's right, bum! They used to drive around together, uh, tights.

Thread Information