Page 71 of 173 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4323
    My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    keyonte george set a commitment date of august 8th...........he will be the best player at texas since durant........think avery bradley/dearon fox hybrid with a 3 point shot........

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh this is embarrassing

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    bruh this is embarrassing
    Yeah, UT should be ashamed of all the backdooring here and Tech should be irate and cry about it but there's nothing the rest of the conference can do but take it.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT is supposed to not do what is best for them because they own land in west Texas?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    UT is supposed to not do what is best for them because they own land in west Texas?
    A little heads up would have been nice, that's all.

Why all the sneaking around?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm still also trying to figure out how this move puts UT and OU in a better situation.

I'm still also trying to figure out how this move puts UT and OU in a better situation.
    Me too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

it’s happening fellas

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... Blake

Today, OU would be compe ive in the SEC, UT not so much. I think with the recent SC ruling, there are going to be 2-3 super conferences and the Big-12 wasn't going to be one of them. They needed to jump ship sooner rather than later. But I agree with you, with UT's recent past, it doesn't look like they will be in a better situation, at least in terms of making it to the playoffs. Hopefully, Sark can turn it around.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Today, OU would be compe ive in the SEC, UT not so much. I think with the recent SC ruling, there are going to be 2-3 super conferences and the Big-12 wasn't going to be one of them. They needed to jump ship sooner rather than later. But I agree with you, with UT's recent past, it doesn't look like they will be in a better situation, at least in terms of making it to the playoffs. Hopefully, Sark can turn it around.
    this is bigger than just football

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah.
    Losing a good paying job that you have spent years climbing a ladder (and get a peek on TV ) could not possibly take out any moral standards of men who are at the pinnacle of fairness! Do you know how long the ref in charge spent building those biceps for the camera? I wonder why when conferences play each other they find neutral conference refs... just makes no sense?

smh...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    bruhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... Blake

good one

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If a better situation is winning a National Championship it does no such thing imo.
    If getting better players, more $, more exposure is important, its a better situation.

Keeping the Big 12 solvent was definitely the easiest way to a National Championship if we could actually ever field a great team with a great coach. Look how many times Oklahoma made the final 4 with ty defenses. They gave themselves a chance at least. We have had zero chance since the 4 team format, zero, with the teams we have put together.
    So... SEC

If our fans fkn chant those letters...
    TEXAS FIGHT.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I can see LSU being one.
    So play LSU every year and make the pod of the old SWC/Big12 pod: Ark, ATM, OU, UT ? Im good with that. Bring back the old hate. Rivalry games. Why not have OU be a team ATM plays every year by being in the pod? Ags would rather play Mississippi's than OU? Why? If this is a tough conference lets make a tough pod.
    well, for me personally, and from other alumni, oxford is a of a lot nicer than norman (in regards to making the road trip-i've only been once and mostly because i wanted to roam the grounds where faulkner once walked). i'd rather lose mississippi state than ole miss. i hope to get a chance to see athens, georgia down the road.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    UT will be compe ive in all aspects, including recruiting, but it will be a different animal now, that's for sure.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    well, for me personally, and from other alumni, oxford is a of a lot nicer than norman (in regards to making the road trip-i've only been once and mostly because i wanted to roam the grounds where faulkner once walked). i'd rather lose mississippi state than ole miss. i hope to get a chance to see athens, georgia down the road.
    I can see traveling to places you have not been and a new atmosphere could be interesting.

But as far as actually watching games you know will have a history of intensity.
    Personally, I will never go to a game in Baton Rouge at night. Unless I get in my English soccer mood and with friends.
    I visited Auburn once, but not on game day, and it was surprisingly nice. I have been to College Station and they do keep things very tidy imo. Also the crowd at Texas games in Austin are so mild mannered and hardly committed. One could be so many more places than in a hot stadium. Although they are making physical attempts with the stadium structure to make it louder, good luck.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-27-2021 at 11:39 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT will be compe ive in all aspects, including recruiting, but it will be a different animal now, that's for sure.
    We will certainly fit in baseball wise.
    And basketball becomes easier most likely.

Because they have expanded playoffs in football, we have a chance to lose in the playoffs, if we can even make it.
    With the teams we have fielded since the 4 team format we have no chance if our football stays status quo.
    If the last few years are what the SEC is, this is the conference of Alabama. Going from competing against Oklahoma, to Alabama... no dice. We have no chance with status quo.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I can see traveling to places you have not been and a new atmosphere could be interesting.

But as far as actually watching games you know will have a history of intensity.
    Personally, I will never go to a game in Baton Rouge at night. Unless I get in my English soccer mood and with friends.
    I visited Auburn once, but not on game day, and it was surprisingly nice. I have been to College Station and they do keep things very tidy imo.
    one of the features about the SEC that i have been the most surprised by is the culture of the SEC. despite its deeply red allegiance, there is a myriad of culture to be discovered in some of these states. the television viewing experience used to mean more when the broadcast focused on bands and such but that's a thing of the past. i love the idea of texas being back in the mix again but i don't care so much about OU. from a football perspective though, it'd be great, especially if the ags keep trending the way they are defensively. good idea-staying away from baton rouge at night. i've passed that age where i'd be willing to be around so many redneck hooligans.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If this takes till 2025 it will be weird as .
    Its already gonna be strange next year when opposing teams attempt pile drivers on our players during the game.
    I would if I were an opponent.

The coaches getting teenagers and young 20s fired up to play us... easy gig.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    If this takes till 2025 it will be weird as .
    Its already gonna be strange next year when opposing teams attempt pile drivers on our players during the game.
    I would if I were an opponent.

The coaches getting teenagers and young 20s fired up to play us... easy gig.
    2025 is for legal purposes the move is happening next season

Yeah, UT should be ashamed of all the backdooring here...
    Did you say the same when Mike Leach voted us #5 in the 2008 coaches poll? That was super honest just sayin.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I also don't understand the schools initiating this whole thing and giving up any and all leverage they may have had.

It's not weird that they want to join the SEC or any other conference but this whole thing has been really bizarre

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Did you say the same when Mike Leach voted us #5 in the 2008 coaches poll? That was super honest just sayin.
    Because that's exactly the same thing

Thread Information