Page 315 of 376 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be a one trick pony, but it's been hard to duplicate. Even games that come close like Nioh are different.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Sekiro, just haven’t played it yet.

To me Sekiro is different than a Souls game. It at least has some sort of a cohesive story and the combat has a fluid and rhythm to it.

Don’t get defensive about it, man. I just don’t find raging for 10 hours at a boss appealing at all. But Souls players got my respect for their dedication either way. I know for sure I couldn’t beat one boss on my best day.
    Raging at a boss for ten hours? Boss fights are pretty quick in the Souls games, it's not button mashing to wail away at damage sponges. I don't think you understand this series very well and are caught up in the hype of them being somehow overly difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be a one trick pony, but it's been hard to duplicate. Even games that come close like Nioh are different.
    It's not just bossfights. From always creates interesting worlds and while the graphics are nothing special on a technical level, the art style is. Plus Elden Ring now has the most interesting open world exploration since Breath of the Wild IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Souls games takes a special type of person tbh. You have to be someone who really enjoys the rush of beating an insanely difficult challenge and the feeling of triumph tbh. Dark Souls 3 is one of the hardest games I've ever played but man it felt amazing when i finally beat that game.

I usually play games on the hardest setting available on my first playthrough so i'm someone who enjoys difficult games especially since most games are waaay too easy after playing it for a few hours. but i get why dying over and over again and the game not giving you any clear direction or hints can be extremely frustrating and turn a lot of people off

Souls games are not just beating bosses non stop btw...there are plenty of normal enemies that present challenges. and the numerous hidden side quests / areas / secrets / etc make it pretty entertaining. the game makes you find the story which i find refreshing in the age of constant map markers and HUDs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Souls games takes a special type of person tbh. You have to be someone who really enjoys the rush of beating an insanely difficult challenge and the feeling of triumph tbh. Dark Souls 3 is one of the hardest games I've ever played but man it felt amazing when i finally beat that game.

I usually play games on the hardest setting available on my first playthrough so i'm someone who enjoys difficult games especially since most games are waaay too easy after playing it for a few hours. but i get why dying over and over again and the game not giving you any clear direction or hints can be extremely frustrating and turn a lot of people off

Souls games are not just beating bosses non stop btw...there are plenty of normal enemies that present challenges. and the numerous hidden side quests / areas / secrets / etc make it pretty entertaining. the game makes you find the story which i find refreshing in the age of constant map markers and HUDs
    Sounds like older Bethesda games tbh (Morrowind and earlier). Unfortunately with the limited time I have to spend on gaming, I think something like this would be lost on me and I'd give up without finishing. I've been pretty hard on open-world games lately anyway. Sometimes bigger isn't always better. My OCD kicks in, I try to complete everything, then I get burnt out before ever making any real progress. I'd rather have at least a little structure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you find Dark Souls 3 harder than Bloodborne? And if so, did you play the DLC for Bloodborne?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not supposed to fight him yet man, haven't you ever played a Souls game?
    Yeah, I knew he was supposed to be fought when more powerful, but I wish they would have included the level of the enemy or a skull icon or something so you know they are too tough at the current level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I knew he was supposed to be fought when more powerful, but I wish they would have included the level of the enemy or a skull icon or something so you know they are too tough at the current level
    Getting your teeth kicked in 25 times wasn't enough of a sign to know he was too tough for your level?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Every damn enemy has DS2 tracking. Being behind them means next to nothing, because they will 180° no scope every time. I'm going to summon the jellyfish every fight, because the game doesn't want to play fair.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Every damn enemy has DS2 tracking. Being behind them means next to nothing, because they will 180° no scope every time. I'm going to summon the jellyfish every fight, because the game doesn't want to play fair.
    red!!!
    Sweetheart!!!!!!
    Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Getting your teeth kicked in 25 times wasn't enough of a sign to know he was too tough for your level?
    That's never stopped you from trying me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like the jellyfish better than the wolves?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still beatable if you're patient enough, as are several of the opening areas mini bosses. Especially if you have projectiles.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Have you seen the poison the jellyfish does? I beat Godrick on my second try with it.

I also just got the turtle shield and it's OP. Think I'll let it carry me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like these should be free to play, tbh.
    wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raging at a boss for ten hours? Boss fights are pretty quick in the Souls games, it's not button mashing to wail away at damage sponges. I don't think you understand this series very well and are caught up in the hype of them being somehow overly difficult.
    the games are challenging and actually requires you to learn their mechanics well. it takes effort, but they're not impossibly difficult. other games have "hard" difficulties that feel way more unfair than anything from FromSoft, where they make you die in like 1 hit and enemies are huge damage sponges. , if your first time playing God of War 2018 was on the give me god of war difficulty, it would have taken you at least 30 minutes just to beat the very first enemy encounter against basic draugr

honestly the hardest part of souls was not the combat or the bosses, but sometimes just figuring out where to go. took me quite a while in Dark Souls Remastered to figure out that i had to open that basement door to get into lower undead parish -> Depths. same with bloodborne and finding my way out of the forbidden woods.

tho some bloodborne chalice dungeon bosses, to steal a quote from honest trailers, felt like trying to break bricks with a flaccid penis
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-01-2022 at 02:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you find Dark Souls 3 harder than Bloodborne? And if so, did you play the DLC for Bloodborne?
    It's been awhile and I have gotten considerably better at games since then but I'd say yes, Bloodborne was hard but there were a few bosses in DS3 that were just infuriating but no I didn't play the DLC for bloodborne so not sure how much harder it gets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely like Sekiro better than ER.. Dark Souls III too. Never played the other two entries.

And to update my thoughts from a week or so ago on God of War the combat is actually great, better than Sekiro, I spoke too soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been awhile and I have gotten considerably better at games since then but I'd say yes, Bloodborne was hard but there were a few bosses in DS3 that were just infuriating but no I didn't play the DLC for bloodborne so not sure how much harder it gets
    Then you haven't played the hard part of Bloodborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the games are challenging and actually requires you to learn their mechanics well. it takes effort, but they're not impossibly difficult. other games have "hard" difficulties that feel way more unfair than anything from FromSoft, where they make you die in like 1 hit and enemies are huge damage sponges. , if your first time playing God of War 2018 was on the give me god of war difficulty, it would have taken you at least 30 minutes just to beat the very first enemy encounter against basic draugr

honestly the hardest part of souls was not the combat or the bosses, but sometimes just figuring out where to go. took me quite a while in Dark Souls Remastered to figure out that i had to open that basement door to get into lower undead parish -> Depths. same with bloodborne and finding my way out of the forbidden woods.

tho some bloodborne chalice dungeon bosses, to steal a quote from honest trailers, felt like trying to break bricks with a flaccid penis
    I never found any chalice dungeon bosses nearly as hard as Orphan of Kos. Kos was so fast and didn't telegraph his attacks anywhere near as much as every other boss in the game when I was fighting him. That's the one boss I did take hours of failed attempts to figure out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never found any chalice dungeon bosses nearly as hard as Orphan of Kos. Kos was so fast and didn't telegraph his attacks anywhere near as much as every other boss in the game when I was fighting him. That's the one boss I did take hours of failed attempts to figure out.
    Kos was insane but also the very last thing i did, so i was pretty adept at combat by then and was fairly leveled up. i was doing chalice dungeons to completion almost as soon as i unlocked them. amygdala in the defiled dungeon where you have half health was rough. abhorrent beast was absurdly aggressive giving you virtually no windows to heal. the fire watchdog thing was also a lot of one hit kills. and the electric darkbeast thing (harder version of the one you fight outside Yarghul unseen village)

ive also had weird experiences in games where i struggle against enemies that arent considered hard and have an easy time through supposedly harder challenges. when i played Dark Souls Remastered i beat Ornstein and Smough in like 3-4 tries iirc, Capra Demon on my first try. hardest battles i fought there were in the DLC portions, artorius and manus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you haven't played the hard part of Bloodborne.
    Hopefully they release that on PC at some point or remaster it for PS5 otherwise I never will tried to go back and play it awhile back and I just couldn't. The ty framerate hurts my eyes now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbidden West is so in good though. Just the prologue was fun as and the embassy mission...awesome. just barely scratching the surface at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just sold my PS4 on marketplace for more than i bought it for in 2018 (and it came with Spider-Man when i bought it too)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just sold my PS4 on marketplace for more than i bought it for in 2018 (and it came with Spider-Man when i bought it too)
    One of the few decent things to come out of the pandemic was the increased demand for gaming has kept PS4 demand pretty high. I sold mine in 2021 for the same price I paid for it new in 2016. That plus getting BC with much better versions of PS4 games made upgrading to PS5 a no-brainer IMO. Loving being able to play everything at 60 fps now. Can finally combine PoorStation exclusives with PoorC performance to get the best of both worlds.

Thread Information