Page 41 of 169 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4205
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you already have insurance it's nothing.
    If it benefits friends, family members and lowers costs for everyone, that's not nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Democrats now more educated than Republicans, Pew survey finds

Democrats are now the party of college graduates, especially those with post-graduate work.

Meanwhile, people with a high-school degree or less, by far the larger group, slightly lean toward Republicans.

Both preferences are the reverse of what they were in the 1990s.

54 percent of college graduates either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic,

compared to 39 percent who identified or leaned Republican.

One-third of Americans have a college degree.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/22/democrats-more-educated-republicans-pew-research-c/

2.1M federal employees whom Trash just screwed by cutting their annual pay raise below inflation.

And I suppose they see how Trash is abusing their colleagues in NatSec, Dept of State, IRS, and all Exec branch agencies.

Even Repugs are worried about AGW, and Repugs policies are making AGW worse, while allow BigCorp to poison air, land, water, and reducing Toxic site cleanups.

but, never underestimate the stupidity and ignorance of people

America is the Developed World Champion for %age who don't even vote

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it benefits friends, family members and lowers costs for everyone, that's not nothing.
    and the guy who has insurance get's nothing, if their friend makes 110 bucks and they don't get any of it they got nothing, if their family got 110 bucks and didn't give them anything they got nothing, if the cost gets lowered from something they weren't going to pay anyway they got nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you have better information, by all means share it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his scheme passes, your medical bills would be paid for too, do you consider that nothing?
    Of course that’s something. The fact there there’s some return doesn’t erase the exchange being grossly inequitable in my case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if anyone contests that benefits may be spread. But for those who end up paying into the system, what say you to the increased tax burden they pay? Cost of doing business?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you have better information, by all means share it
    the information, is that it's an online poll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if anyone contests that benefits may be spread. But for those who end up paying into the system, what say you to the increased tax burden they pay? Cost of doing business?
    Offset by lower health care costs and reliable access to care, whenever it's needed.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s the cost you’d be paying in most other modern countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offset by lower health care costs and reliable access to care, whenever it's needed.
    Which is great, but not really necessary to a thirty something professional i.e., those who bear the brunt of paying for all this.

Bernie doesn’t even support gestures like raising the SALT cap. He’s got his target audience.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the college graduates ( a notorious dem vote that they somewhat lost with hillary) with already good health care in the swing states, that the Dems need to worry about. Bernie is so far, giving them nothing but a tax hike.
    Well Texas and Florida have lousy health care and these are swing states, and a tax hike wouldn't be a huge deal there because there's no state income taxes.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is great, but not really necessary to a thirty something professional i.e., those who bear the brunt of paying for all this.

Bernie doesn’t even support gestures like raising the SALT cap. He’s got his target audience.
    SALT income taxes should be completely eliminated. It's bogus that a person should relocate within the same country but automatically lose disposable income right off the bat for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the cost you’d be paying in most other modern countries.
    Irrelevant though. The point is that young earners end up shouldering the cost. I just want Bernie bros to be honest about the fact rather than dressing it up as a social good. It’s great to feel that way when you have others shouldering a disproportionate amount of the load “modernizing” the health system.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Irrelevant though. The point is that young earners end up shouldering the cost. I just want Bernie bros to be honest about the fact rather than dressing it up as a social good. It’s great to feel that way when you have others shouldering a disproportionate amount of the load “modernizing” the health system.
    The way I see it is I’m paying more and in exchange living a more stable country with a stronger, healthier and more educated middle class that’s not always one c_unthair away from another recession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it is I’m paying more and in exchange living a more stable country with a stronger, healthier and more educated middle class that’s not always one c_unthair away from another recession.
    I get that but literally my only problem is that he wants to eliminate 1.8 million jobs. And his plan to help those people is to give them money to train them to do other stuff, but now you're expecting 40 year old career workers to start over, compete with new college grads, for wages because you just flooded the market with 1.8 million job seekers. Only reason i support a medicare buy in with tax break for the poor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 30 or 40 years, those "burdenened" Medicare for All 20-30 year olds will be 60+ years old.

Works just like social security.

A huge component of Medicare for All is cost reduction, like regulating prices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had my druthers, there’d be a candidate who would take the BBs we’re putting into defense and do a modern New Deal in infrastructure and IT. Warren is the only one I’ve heard of who has a plan like this. The way I see it, creating or further developing new economic sectors by the government is a way to directly promote growth and stability and while providing a more direct benefit to those who end up shouldering the burden.

But in reality, we have comrade free . I get the impulse to pay for social well being. My personal opinion is that Bernie asks for too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the information, is that it's an online poll.
    So you got nothing, not even a criticism of the methods used.

To be fair, there aren't any other recent SC polls at RCP. The You Gov/CBS poll is the most recent. Seems odd that landline polls seem to carry so much more weight with you -- who has a landline nowadays?

If you look at the betting markets, they favor Sanders even more strongly.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...20_nomination/

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If I had my druthers, there’d be a candidate who would take the BBs we’re putting into defense and do a modern New Deal in infrastructure and IT. Warren is the only one I’ve heard of who has a plan like this. The way I see it, creating or further developing new economic sectors by the government is a way to directly promote growth and stability and while providing a more direct benefit to those who end up shouldering the burden.

But in reality, we have comrade free . I get the impulse to pay for social well being. My personal opinion is that Bernie asks for too much.
    Yeah go check what tax rates were in the New Deal era and tell me if you still think Bernie wants too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you got nothing, not even a criticism of the methods used.

To be fair, there aren't any other recent SC polls at RCP. The You Gov/CBS poll is the most recent. Seems odd that landline polls seem to carry so much more weight with you -- who has a landline nowadays?

If you look at the betting markets, they favor Sanders even more strongly.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...20_nomination/
    if you look at steyer over there with the .4 odds of winning yet somehow he pulled the same percentage of voters Biden lost. That poll is clearly flawed

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I get that but literally my only problem is that he wants to eliminate 1.8 million jobs. And his plan to help those people is to give them money to train them to do other stuff, but now you're expecting 40 year old career workers to start over, compete with new college grads, for wages because you just flooded the market with 1.8 million job seekers. Only reason i support a medicare buy in with tax break for the poor.
    Yeah I have no sympathy for those in the healthcare industry who have made a career out of screwing Americans with private insurance bureaucracy and finding creative ways to deny people coverage. If someone like Sanders and Warren puts them out of work they can go get a real job like the rest of us.

Btw the fact that $1.8 million people get put out of work should show you how much cheaper healthcare gets. Right now healthcare in this country is a jobs program for millions of people who have useless and unnecessary job and the result is all of us paying way too much for healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah go check what tax rates were in the New Deal era and tell me if you still think Bernie wants too much.
    I don’t see why the New Deal era is relevant now (we’re not in the midst of a catastrophic economic collapse) or relevant to my point either.

The surest way to get back to the New Deal era is to force corporations to give stock to their employees. That’s a pretty sure fire way to instigate another economic collapse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you look at steyer over there with the .4 odds of winning yet somehow he pulled the same percentage of voters Biden lost. That poll is clearly flawed
    Eh, we'll see how it lines up with the polls to come and the SC primary itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have no sympathy for those in the healthcare industry who have made a career out of screwing Americans with private insurance bureaucracy and finding creative ways to deny people coverage. If someone like Sanders and Warren puts them out of work they can go get a real job like the rest of us.

Btw the fact that $1.8 million people get put out of work should show you how much cheaper healthcare gets. Right now healthcare in this country is a jobs program for millions of people who have useless and unnecessary job and the result is all of us paying way too much for healthcare.
    That’s cutting off your nose to spite your face. They may be massive assholes, but you can’t set fire to 1.8 million jobs and think it’s going to turn out well

Thread Information