Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar with a monster game. 41/7/4/2/2 on 50% shooting tonight. Huge performance to steal Game 2 and I think Chicago wins this series now that Middleton is like out for the the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar with a monster game. 41/7/4/2/2 on 50% shooting tonight. Huge performance to steal Game 2 and I think Chicago wins this series now that Middleton is like out for the the series.

Nah, wouldn't shock me if the Bucks don't lose another game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

after watching raymond green mug joker at will over and over…
    and get away with it

while joker was getting called for touch fouls

i was not happy to hear another suns player getting injured…

i was sure chris paul would be injured (and he probably still will get injured)
    but now their star scorer is out

warriors and brooklyn i guess

fml
    You mean Boston? Brooklyn isn't getting out of round 1.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, depends on severity of the sprain but those are usually a few weeks minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caruso is so good man. Perfect role player at the 1-2 spot. Can even play the 3. Lakers ed up letting him go. Real good defender, tough, smart, can shoot, athletic.
    I watched the game from mid 3rd Q and it was Caruso and Demar that won it. Vucevic was terrible, lack of hustle and no effort with rim protection. I realize his shooting stats looked good but he was nowhere to be found when it mattered. He has no fight in him. Lavine was invisible at the end of the game.

The game was won by Caruso and Demar. Have to give credit where it’s due.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way man. Middleton is extremely important to their success. They’ll at least split their next 2 home games but I think they win both without him. Milwaukee really struggles to score with him out cause teams pack the paint against Giannis and force other players to beat them. They should be up 2-0 in this series already. DeMar, LaVine, & Vucevic all had a l terrible Game 1 and they still almost won on the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago is irrelevant. Without Middleton the Bucks don't repeat and that's what matters, not whether they make the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the game from mid 3rd Q and it was Caruso and Demar that won it. Vucevic was terrible, lack of hustle and no effort with rim protection. I realize his shooting stats looked good but he was nowhere to be found when it mattered. He has no fight in him. Lavine was invisible at the end of the game.

And still, some virtual GMs would give second banana Lavine spurs max, just because det star power.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Boston? Brooklyn isn't getting out of round 1.

i see that series going 6-7 games and i see durant getting coddled by refs in brooklyn

i wouldnt mind the celtics winning-

But i wont be surprised if the nets win all their home games and then game 7 becomes a toss up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i see that series going 6-7 games and i see durant getting coddled by refs in brooklyn

i wouldnt mind the celtics winning-

But i wont be surprised if the nets win all their home games and then game 7 becomes a toss up
    what happened with Lamarcus? 0 minutes from him in games 1 and 2. is he done for good?

also dwhite had 27 minutes in game 1 but only 13 in game 2. Boston only playing 8 players in both games.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And still, some virtual GMs would give second banana Lavine spurs max, just because det star power.

Man, you are so right. I mean, it couldn't be that over a 4 year span, he's averaged 25+ PPG, 4.7 RB, 4.5 AST, all while shooting around .385 from the 3P line on big volume AND getting over 7.5 trips to the FT line. I mean, it couldn't be any of that, so it must be "det star power".

Or maybe you just don't like him 'cause he's bleck?

When Lavine was inactive this season, I think they only beat teams like Houston and OKC, and lost to all the good teams they played. Chicago is a playoff team, unlike the Spurs, and they were much better when he played. He's a better player, currently at least, than anyone on the Spurs' roster. But the moment the Spurs start hiring talent based on any of the "virtual GM's" here on ST, feel free to let your anger show again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their young players are set up so much better positionally too at this point. Trey Murphy is 6'9" with a 7' wingspan and able to play 3 positions, and Herb Jones is 6'7.25" with a 7' wingspan, a perfect height & length for a perimeter defender who can also switch onto bigger players. Compare that to KJ at 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan and Primo at 6'5" with a 6'9' wingspan. Ingram is close to 6'10" with a 7'3' wingspan. The Pelicans have more length at SG & SF than the Spurs do at PF, and that's not even including their potentially best player Zion, who is considered their undersized guy with his 6'10" wingspan.
    The Celtics have become the standard for how to build a team defensively. Bereft a small guard whose a superstar/star and not overly loaded with length/athleticism, they're instead loaded with players who are just good enough across the physical tools spectrum (height/strength being the others) that they have no weak spot in their top 7.

Contrast that with the Spurs, who in addition to lacking length, are loading up on players who lack the strength to excel defending on ball/switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t watched Chicago at all this season before this game so I am lacking context of how they played all year.

Demar was the one taking most shots, and the one with the ball in his hands. I wonder if they are just using Lavine to space the floor for Demar, or if Lavine defers, or if it’s caused by roster construction, since once you have Demar, to play him off the ball is the worst possible use for him.

Lavine didn’t get enough shots, and didn’t do much at all on defense. The hustle man, and really smart player was Caruso and the aggressive offensive player was Demar. If I hadn’t known Lavine previously I would have thought he was just a roleplayer and nothing special. Maybe the coach isn’t maximizing what his roster can do. At any rate, I can’t say much about it without some context. Chicago looked like Derozan’s team, I can tell you that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Every team DeRozan is on looks like that because he's useless off ball, so the true best player (Lowry, '19 Aldridge, LaVine) inevitably ends up having to space the floor for him. LaVine's knee(s) also aren't 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you are so right. I mean, it couldn't be that over a 4 year span, he's averaged 25+ PPG, 4.7 RB, 4.5 AST, all while shooting around .385 from the 3P line on big volume AND getting over 7.5 trips to the FT line. I mean, it couldn't be any of that, so it must be "det star power".

Or maybe you just don't like him 'cause he's bleck?

When Lavine was inactive this season, I think they only beat teams like Houston and OKC, and lost to all the good teams they played. Chicago is a playoff team, unlike the Spurs, and they were much better when he played. He's a better player, currently at least, than anyone on the Spurs' roster. But the moment the Spurs start hiring talent based on any of the "virtual GM's" here on ST, feel free to let your anger show again.
    everyone like this!
    Last edited by KingKev; 04-21-2022 at 06:20 PM.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vucevic really annoys me as well. He has no fight is a good way to put it. Always been an empty calories guy. I always wonder how a 7 foot guy can be so pitiful and embarrassing T defending the rim. Wouldn’t want that guy anywhere near my team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies looking awful on the road, hard to watch tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T'Pups

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quin Synder still has no plan for getting the jazz three point attempts. The went from leading the league to getting tripled up by the mavs. I hope the pop successor rumor is just bs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just end the Grizz/T'Pups series now. Minny doesn't deserve to play another game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic choke job by the T-wolves. Hard to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic choke job by the T-wolves. Hard to watch.

I was yelling at the tv watching it; haven't done that since the 2019 playoffs. Crazy how stupid the entire team is.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick a fork in the jazz. That team is completely checked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the TPups and Patrick Beverley and his fans that defend his ty behavior on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Wolves what a meltdown. That was tough to watch at times ugly basketball. Did not think Grizzlies were going to win yet here we are wow.

Thread Information