Page 744 of 745 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745 LastLast
Results 18,576 to 18,600 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there something about the whole thing that made the Spurs not so innocent after all. timvp has enough time passed for the story to come out? who was the mystery man?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS AND POP LITERALLY WANTED TO DECLARE HIM OUT FOR THE SEASON to protect him from the media... you really think a lifelong professional like Manu would throw a guy, a clear #1 in Kawhi, under the bus unless Kawhi was doing some shady that got on people's last nerve?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes still ting on us
    And he still can’t wipe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are we still on this?

TP talking and then PATFO not defending him is what led to his departure. His group whispering in his ear didn't help but I think TP's comments convinced him that the team didn't have his back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TP talking and then PATFO not defending him is what led to his departure. His group whispering in his ear didn't help but I think TP's comments convinced him that the team didn't have his back.
    It started long before that. It also wasn’t TP, it was LA. He was always going there, from the moment he started faking his injury extent, to when he ran away to NY. That was months before TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha. Left Toronto after a ring with his uncle asking for unreasonable and illegal but he went to LA because the team is good to him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow you are really that re ed. He wanted to go to LA way before TP said anything. He had sat out for several months before TP opened his mouth with a bogus injury. He's a star player if he was truly offended by what TP said he could have gotten him traded and stayed but he didn't want to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that he left Toronto where they treated him like royalty and bent over backwards to give him special treatment after winning a ring should tell you all you need to know. Dude was always leaving SA, he just accelerated his departure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs biggest mistake was not trading him immediately when he started pulling this stunt. They should have traded him around December of 2017 instead of wanting until the summer of '18 which gave him time to sabotage his value. They also should have done the rebuild immediately in the summer of '18 instead of committing the next several years to being a low playoff seed to borderline playoff team. They didn't do it because of Pop's massive ego of wanting to chase the all-time coaches win record but I have to say the last 4 years were a complete waste that could have gone into rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was TP's comments before or after Nephew hid from the team in NY?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    744 pages

Leonard is living RENT FREE here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still hung up on the autist. move on already
    Actually it looks like it’s him who can’t move on, he’s the one who ted on the Spurs again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was TP's comments before or after Nephew hid from the team in NY?
    It was after he hid in NY. It was in March 2018 when he made those comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine, HOTS being responsible...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the year 2072, there will be old senile men in San Antonio nursing homes, foaming at the mouth, and young nurses asking co-workers, "who the is Kawhi?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be an unpopular opinion, but so be it. The guy grew up in L.A., his childhood wasn't easy, his father was murdered, and he's almost certainly somewhere on the autism spectrum with Asperger's Syndrome... it's not all that shocking that he wanted to return to the familiarity of home. The fact that he didn't feel as close as some others did to an elderly white coach with a military background, a caustic wit, and an obsession with $2000 bottles of french red wine from the Bordeaux region just doesn't seem that hard to believe. Did he handle it well with deft diplomacy? No... most people with Asperger's don't handle social awkwardness well. It's kind of a given considering the specific cir stances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be an unpopular opinion, but so be it. The guy grew up in L.A., his childhood wasn't easy, his father was murdered, and he's almost certainly somewhere on the autism spectrum with Asperger's Syndrome... it's not all that shocking that he wanted to return to the familiarity of home. The fact that he didn't feel as close as some others did to an elderly white coach with a military background, a caustic wit, and an obsession with $2000 bottles of french red wine from the Bordeaux region just doesn't seem that hard to believe. Did he handle it well with deft diplomacy? No... most people with Asperger's don't handle social awkwardness well. It's kind of a given considering the specific cir stances.
    Agreed I got over him leaving after the spring of 2021. I felt after he tore his ACL that he's already been embarrassed the last few years. Especially the choke job in the bubble against the Nuggets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It stilllllll hurts.

I’m over Kawhi, I actually still enjoy watching him play when healthy. Big when, but still.

Maybe in time i’ll forgive PATFO for the next 4 years of ery that ensued after he went dip on us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares. He was always going to leave. And if he hadn't we would have had to supermax him. With his injury history we might be in even worse shape with him now. Imagine having a trash team AND you paying a guy who can't play back to back's 40 + million a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs biggest mistake was not trading him immediately when he started pulling this stunt. They should have traded him around December of 2017 instead of wanting until the summer of '18 which gave him time to sabotage his value. They also should have done the rebuild immediately in the summer of '18 instead of committing the next several years to being a low playoff seed to borderline playoff team. They didn't do it because of Pop's massive ego of wanting to chase the all-time coaches win record but I have to say the last 4 years were a complete waste that could have gone into rebuilding.
    totally agree with that assessment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    totally agree with that assessment
    So knowing how close Duncan was to signing with Orlando, you would trade him prior to that? Because the odds of duncan bolting were as high as kawhi forgiving whatever happened and taking the supermax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So knowing how close Duncan was to signing with Orlando, you would trade him prior to that? Because the odds of duncan bolting were as high as kawhi forgiving whatever happened and taking the supermax.
    Stupid comparison. Duncan didn't sit out a year before free agency. He was rational and was willing to keep contact open. Kawhi wasn't willing to do that. He cut off contact the moment he went to NYC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah right, Duncan was hiding in NY with his uncle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah right, Duncan was hiding in NY with his uncle
    Correct he was on a plane to Orlando ready to play with Grant Hill. It was over for the spurs. Better to get a pick off duncan, for sake we let him play out the contract. Absolute clown front office. You can't play favorites as a small market team.

I'm obv joking, in real life duncan should ghosted that wife and feasted on Orlando pussy . Yeah grant hill sucked but Orlando gets enough free.agent support to get him to the HOF in the weaker east. Easily correct hindsight choice

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so tired of this excuse.

First, it's no longer referred to as "Asperger's Syndrome" as that was deemed offensive, so it's now just considered "on the spectrum".

Second, many with autism, particularly of the high functioning variety, aren't mentally deficient. On the contrary, they're often exceptionally intelligent in certain ways, they just see the world differently and can be socially awkward.

It's disparaging to those people to pretend that explains his actions.

Agreed I got over him leaving after the spring of 2021. I felt after he tore his ACL that he's already been embarrassed the last few years. Especially the choke job in the bubble against the Nuggets.
    This will be an unpopular opinion, but so be it. I hope he suffers a career ending injury which in this day and age virtually guarantees it being something that will affect his qualify of life going forward.

Thread Information