Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be too much of a homer take to say he’s actually an upgrade over Lamarcus?
    Not at all - on paper at least (fit and play with the team still TBD), he's a LMA 2.0, tbh. Shoots the 3 pretty well, much better rebounder, much younger (31 vs 35yo), a bit better defensively just in lieu of not having paste for knees, that kinda stuff. If you watched the Memphis Massacre this season, he was killing us, raining 3's over our players like nobody's business

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Dieng have a 19 PER for the Grizzlies? Calling R. DeMurre
    He's shooting 47% from 3 this year. That's good. That's like Paige-Bueckers-good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be too much of a homer take to say he’s actually an upgrade over Lamarcus?
    Not at all. Of course, 31 year old LMA>>>>>>>>>>>Dieng but that LMA waved bye bye a long time ago.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is def on to something but it wasn’t Silver, more likely the spirit of David Stern for fking us all those years. I also think because we traded Rodman for Will Perdue to help solidify Jordan’s legacy Stern fixed the ball drop so we could draft Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news! This is an upgrade to our roster. Wonder how many minutes he'll play in the rotation.

Gas up the riverboats!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great signing.

Could it be that LMA actually did give up more money and the Spurs have used their MLE to offer him a decent 3 year deal or something like that?

Bonus points for ing Miami, Boston and LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely feel like Dieng is a much better fit than pretty much every proposed scenario from the deadline thread. I feel like he plugs the hole of roster needs pretty snug and is the type of player pop can juice for more production than other teams got. I really like this move. Extrapolate development from the core around Dieng moving forward and assume improvements there, Dieng complements that development and gets us through as a decent stopgap till future options arise. Yes, that brightens the immediate future slightly moreso than 3rd stringer Eubanks or "broken leg guy"

Yes, I am a little su ious of the quick development from recent picks compared to 2010-2015 and think it's a slight uptick from talent levels we are accustomed to seeing. You don't like my theory that we got certain allowances as a make up for busted contracts? Lol just getting a little CIA pop here but 2019 was a incredibly efficient draft for SA and Vass is right behind slightly less robust yet still with more immediate upside than historically typical. I sense a little favoritism but it's just a notion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m happy with a poertl dieng rotation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're on the hook for the full amount after he clears waivers.
    Hum, no. When a team claims a player off waivers, it assumes his current contract and is on the hook for the remainder of his salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so 2 days ago pop was saying only good things about chriss and today spurs waived him just to sign an old slow ass from minnesota...pathetic
    Please provide a link to anyone of PATFO saying anything about Chriss, positive or negative. Your certainty means you can surely provide one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. The guy is 31. That makes more sense. Felt like he was 28 or something. Quite a good fit. He can probably play alongside Poeltl in bigger line ups and the ones where we okay 3 guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against suspecting that Keldon, Luka, and Vass were essentially "given" to the team like a free selection of your choice to make up for the rug getting pulled out from under them.
    He is def on to something but it wasn’t Silver, more likely the spirit of David Stern for fking us all those years. I also think because we traded Rodman for Will Perdue to help solidify Jordan’s legacy Stern fixed the ball drop so we could draft Tim Duncan.
    Delusional, conspiracy theory Spurs fans are an interesting branch of this fandom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this hole being filled and assuming he does a good job, Spurs only need to worry about finding a big wing and/or depth at the four during this upcoming off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two games where he killed us:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delusional, conspiracy theory Spurs fans are an interesting branch of this fandom.
    so are sub par beat writers who don’t understand sarcasm

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this hole being filled and assuming he does a good job, Spurs only need to worry about finding a big wing and/or depth at the four during this upcoming off-season.
    Yeah, this is a perfect fit. Hopefully he signs something like 10/2 in the summer. Couldn't ask for a better backup in this market, tbh.

We definitely need a big wing, but everything else is unknown until Demar situation is resolved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no good future where DeMar is involved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is surprising and welcome news!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic duncan2k

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually agree.

I think he's a good player, but a terrible fit with the rest of the roster. And doesn't fit the timeline.

There won't be much cap space available in the summer and a good S&T deal for Demar should be PATFO's top priority.
    I can't see 32 year old Demar signing a team friendly deal and he surely isn't worth anything more than low 20s per year.

Right now our starting C has absolutely no range, Demar refuses to shoot, DJ and Keldon are subpar at best. Simply can't work in 2021.
    And starting lineup stats prove it. One of Lonnie or Vassell has to start. Since Keldon is the only one who has size and doesn't play like a pussy, that means either DJ or Derrick will have to be benched.

That can change if we get an actual floor spacer in Demar's place. It's up to PATFO to decide if they want to stick with no-3, no-D guy in 2021 and beyond, or they want to play modern basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is right
    DDR is not the answer especially for the $

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news! This is an upgrade to our roster. Wonder how many minutes he'll play in the rotation.

Gas up the riverboats!!
    No way he chose the Spurs to ride the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite as pumped as some of you. I see a 31 year old 6ppg and 5 rbg player about to get resigned by a size starved Spurs team this off-season for 3 years 45 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way he chose the Spurs to ride the bench.
    Uh, he’s only started like 40% of his games played for his entire career. He’ll be fine coming off the bench, unlike Mah Touches...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Essentially we traded a disgruntled LaMarcus Aldridge who the team didn't really want to play, anyway, and Cady LaLallane, for a vet who can protect the rim and hit outside shots, a chance to evaluate a semi-bust in Chriss, and some straight cash for a team who doesn't have any ticket receipts for the entire season?

How many of y'all already jumped off that cliff?

Thread Information