Post Count
    Spurs will sell pick for cash )))
    no cap space and 120.000.000 now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the move I was referencing at 9:27:

He uses the glass, too. That's an ELITE move. None of the prospects so far I've watched has that.
    It's pretty legit.

One thing that stands out to me is how, like Doncic, he can go full speed and move anywhere while dribbling and passing on a string or going for his own and does it naturally. Doing that at speed and under control isn't easy, Dejounte Murray has played 4000 NBA minutes and can't match it.

Obviously he would need to work on his shooting, and I worry that he may not be able to guard SFs or bigger his first few years, but there's a lot to like.

By comparison, Bolmaro is like a discount Deni. Close on the playmaking, but the lack of vertical pop just limits him. I think I've seen every highlight clip of Bolmaro on YouTube including when he was a minor in the Argentine domestic league and I don't think he ever had a clean dunk, he managed to catch rim even when he scored. When a guy is 6-7 and can't clear rim and isn't a 3 point marksman, that's a worry.

No problem there with Deni, he can get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His speed is the gamechanger. Also, his offensive arsenal seems advanced. Making an MJ fadeaway made me go whoa. But finally, his will to win. There's simply players who know what it takes to win and these guys always end up setting themselves apart from others.

To DAF86: Strength and length isnt the reason I want Deni. It's his surefire s om in the NBA is why I want him. Whereas with you, you constantly preach about us needing a player to defend SFs in the NBA and then end up desiring a player who clearly doesnt have the traits to do so.

ive just come to accept you and I have different eyes for these things. I was where you are at years ago. Maybe if you take this seriously, in a few years your eye for these things will develop. In comparison, objective knows his . This guy has great insights and really pays attention to detail.

Instead of stats... Tell me, how is he scoring? How fast does he look? Where does he like to shoot? Does he have good ball handling? What do you notice about his ball handling? Spacing? Does he hustle to get rebounds? Does he box out? There's so much more to pay attention to that's important to scouting a player.
    lol son, don't dare patronizing me. I have more correct calls in hindsight in this site than you have takes in general.

I seriously doubt you have watched Avidja play more than me. In fact, have you even watched an entire game of him? Be real son.

I'm not saying "don't draft him". In fact, on my list of players to draft I think I have him at 4. I'm just stating the many, many reasons why he could be a complete bust on the NBA. He is a high ceiling, horrible low floor player. If he's available at 11 you probably have to take a shot at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty legit.

One thing that stands out to me is how, like Doncic, he can go full speed and move anywhere while dribbling and passing on a string or going for his own and does it naturally. Doing that at speed and under control isn't easy, Dejounte Murray has played 4000 NBA minutes and can't match it.
    Avdija is a nice prospect, but he's nowhere close to Doncic. Doncic outplayed a prime Goran Dragic in a Euro Basket finale while only being 19-years old. It was clear as day that he's a superstar. Avdija on the other hand is 19 and averages 4 PPG in the euro league. Huge difference
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 08-17-2020 at 05:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question: anyone drooling over Avidja has even seen 1 complete game of him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question: anyone drooling over Avidja has even seen 1 complete game of him?
    Don't know if I'm considered to be drooling over him, but I think I watched a half of one of his limited minute games before the shutdowns and don't remember much. Probably against Olympiakos while watching only Milutinov minutes. I tend to find out a player then watch some and only get back to them closer to the draft if they are supposed to be in the general Spurs range. I tend not to want to see a lot of early season games from players that young, I want to see the late games after they've had the opportunity to incorporate their coaching and improve.

The bubble games are on my to-do list, and if I can find copies and see enough to change my mind, I'll change my mind. No big deal. If you have any youtube links to his bubble games, please share as I'd appreciate the chance to watch them.

Avdija is a nice prospect, but he's nowhere close to Doncic. Doncic outplayed a prime Goran Dragic in a Euro Basket finale while only being 19-years old. It was clear as day that he's a superstar. Avdija on the other hand is 19 and averages 4 PPG in the israeli league. Huge difference
    I was comparing his command with the ball, how Avdija can come closer to making those kinds of plays than an experienced player like Dejounte Murray can. Obviously he can't score like Doncic and that's why I called him a Discount Doncic. , call him a homeless, toothless, disabled Doncic if you want.

This draft doesn't have a top tier player like a Doncic or even an Ayton or a Trae Young. The players available are the players available, and I don't think Avdija will make it to 11. If he's there I would be happy if they picked him over say, Saddiq Bey or RJ Hampton or the likes that are currently mocked in that range.

Would I want him over Patrick Williams? Hard to say, I think Williams has a scoring potential that others don't believe in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the move I was referencing at 9:27:

He uses the glass, too. That's an ELITE move. None of the prospects so far I've watched has that.
    That's a turnaround fadeaway off the glass. I can do that. He has skills though, in the post and good shooting numbers already, which makes him an intriguing prospect. His passing is overrated though, he averages 2.6 assists on 1.9 turnovers. That's far from a good ratio
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 08-17-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avdija does get a lot of turnovers so that's one more reason why I'd like to see his bubble games in full. Though I do feel better in the abstract about a ballhandler trying things and committing turnovers than a non-playmaker who somehow racks up the turnovers (Samanic).

Scoff if you will, but I became more interested in Avdija in his bubble game clips on YouTube. Yes, the Israeli domestic league is pretty bad, but I've seen worse. I watched a bunch of Argentine domestic games to scout Luca Vildoza who was draftable a couple of years ago, now that league is real bad.

But he went from being a mostly bench player pre-bubble to starting every game in the bubble (12 game sample size), winning MVP, and one of his major red flags, free throw shooting, went up to 71.7% in the bubble from the trash it was pre-bubble.

I was more impressed by his bubble clips than before, though of course they're just clips and not full games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avdija is nothing like Samanic... Their games are nothing alike.

Precious' appeal is his potential as a strong forward and to be a Kawhi/ Giannis/ LeBron stopper. His strength is unmatched. I go in-depth about this way back in this thread. I'm aware of his current weaknesses.
    Agreed with that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing about avdija is that he was good in euroleague a really good compe ion at the age of 19.

He was also the MVP of the euro u20 last summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have found some full bubble games of Avdija to share that I will be watching this week. Make up your own minds on his play, no one needs to take my opinions for anything seriously.

First one I just started watching began with a great play. But I'll have to save the rest for some other time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the intriguing thing about Avdija is that he has a very advanced skillset at a very young age. He has good footwork in the post, a hook shot, can run in transition, finish with both hands, has great court vision, high Bball IQ, has playmaking ability, is long enough to play decent defense, is a good shooter, has improved his free throw percentage already and plays against grown men. Give him 3 years of development and he might be something close to Doncic if everything goes right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol son, don't dare patronizing me. I have more correct calls in hindsight in this site than you have takes in general.

I seriously doubt you have watched Avidja play more than me. In fact, have you even watched an entire game of him? Be real son.

I'm not saying "don't draft him". In fact, on my list of players to draft I think I have him at 4. I'm just stating the many, many reasons why he could be a complete bust on the NBA. He is a high ceiling, horrible low floor player. If he's available at 11 you probably have to take a shot at him.
    I feel like this is one of those lines of questioning where anti-maskers are trying to find a "gotcha!" moment to find small victories in these arguments, while ignoring the rest of what's relevant to the discussion (like the points i shared to you in an earlier post which you *unsuprisingly* ignored). I dont feel like i need to engage with you further, since you're so stubborn in your ways. Like I said, we can talk again once you have things that aren't so basic ("he has a high chance to bust derp" yeah, well no , a lot of other prospects do too) to share, like what objective and a few other posters have brought to this thread.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-17-2020 at 07:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the intriguing thing about Avdija is that he has a very advanced skillset at a very young age. He has good footwork in the post, a hook shot, can run in transition, finish with both hands, has great court vision, high Bball IQ, has playmaking ability, is long enough to play decent defense, is a good shooter, has improved his free throw percentage already and plays against grown men. Give him 3 years of development and he might be something close to Doncic if everything goes right.
    See, i dont think Avdija should be compared to Doncic at all when we're talking about style of play. Doncic is more like Magic Johnson on offense, while Avdija is more like Ginobili --a do it all scorer type, More speed, more upright body, will have electrifying passes here and there (but hes not an assist machine or a "general"/ head of the snake), hasnt learned to slither and finesse around as much but he's 19, and everything else about his play screams an offensive-give-it-his-all juggernaut.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-17-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think in this draft more so then many some of these high picks will turn out to be bust just as long as it’s not our pick. Lol. And For The Love Of God can ya fools wait more then one game before you start claiming his is a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When on Thursday is the lottery? At halftime of one of the games? If so, which game? Thanks in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone seen that pic of Pop shaking Deni's hand a few summer's back? I think it's on his IG account. I'm sure PATFO has had their eye on him for a while. I think there is a good chance he's #1 on their board, just depends on what pick we get. Also, on one of the bubble games, they did an interview with someone ( i can't recall his pos ion) but when asked about the draft, he said they feel like they are going to come away with a very good player. Could just be a vanilla answer but yeah..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone seen that pic of Pop shaking Deni's hand a few summer's back? I think it's on his IG account. I'm sure PATFO has had their eye on him for a while. I think there is a good chance he's #1 on their board, just depends on what pick we get. Also, on one of the bubble games, they did an interview with someone ( i can't recall his pos ion) but when asked about the draft, he said they feel like they are going to come away with a very good player. Could just be a vanilla answer but yeah..
    David Telep, director of player personnel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Telep, director of player personnel
    Thanks brah..did you see it? What do you take from it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks brah..did you see it? What do you take from it?
    Yep, i made a post about it. Same as you. I get a sense that theyre confident that whoever they pick, theyll be happy about it. Probably means there's multiple players that they believe will be available at 11 that they view as equally good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also seems willing and able to stick his nose in the paint and battle with some power for rebounds and nifty footwork for layins off the glass. I haven't seen a lot of other players that could be on our draft list, but if they have better skills and development potential I'd like to see them. he might have the potential to be the mythical SF with all the skills that we have been looking for. Wish list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When on Thursday is the lottery? At halftime of one of the games? If so, which game? Thanks in advance.
    I was wondering the same thing myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the lottery was today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, i dont think Avdija should be compared to Doncic at all when we're talking about style of play. Doncic is more like Magic Johnson on offense, while Avdija is more like Ginobili --a do it all scorer type, More speed, more upright body, will have electrifying passes here and there (but hes not an assist machine or a "general"/ head of the snake), hasnt learned to slither and finesse around as much but he's 19, and everything else about his play screams an offensive-give-it-his-all juggernaut.

I also saw glimpses of a big Manu in that clip you posted.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight, so if the 11th pick comes and goes and still no Spurs ping pong ball, that means we are picking anywhere from 1-4?....I will be watching and wearing my lucky Manu jersey in hopes of a top 4 pick......Go Spurs!
    Last edited by spurs50_; 08-17-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Thread Information