Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comrade Popovich wants you should vote for chaos & communism. Sick bas . Can we move him to Brooklyn for Levert and a bag of Funyuns? I won't be voting for Trump but Pop's lost his ing mind with all his bull & extreme liberalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America and your guns. They are shooting their brother and sisters, and their little children at schools. They think their invisible sky daddy cares a about them. Their health system is a mess. Your crime and punishment is a mess. Watching from afar has been pretty entertaining. The empire is finally falling.
    Been failing for decades. It's just become so transparent for the world to see it now. Problem is that it's now an unstoppable train with too much momentum to halt before it does its damage.

Either it picks up momentum and does the world in or we slowly and quietly whimper to a lingering slow dissolution here. Either way, the US as you know it has a terminal disease.

Sadly, like a bull in a china shop, I'd count on the end of the world though if I were a betting man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comrade Popovich wants you should vote for chaos & communism. Sick bas . Can we move him to Brooklyn for Levert and a bag of Funyuns? I won't be voting for Trump but Pop's lost his ing mind with all his bull & extreme liberalism.
    Liberalism is but the propping up of capitalism. He's a progressive. The world needs more like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re in luck because Biden and Harris love cops. she was the top cop and they are not for defunding
    She changes positions wherever the wind blows. Not unusual in a politician. The latest I saw on police defunding was a speech where she used the code word "reimagine the police" All the left knows that means fewer police and less enforcement, especially for what are considered by progressives laws aimed at minorities like DUIs , theft under 600$, and immediate release on personal recognizance bonds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund does not mean abolish or get rid of. Some of yall are a dumb. It means stop giving them tanks and armored vehicles and military tac gear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She changes positions wherever the wind blows. Not unusual in a politician. The latest I saw on police defunding was a speech where she used the code word "reimagine the police" All the left knows that means fewer police and less enforcement, especially for what are considered by progressives laws aimed at minorities like DUIs , theft under 600$, and immediate release on personal recognizance bonds.
    That's a distorted view. It means changing the way and manner in which citizens interact with their law enforcement so that it's not immediately adversarial in nature. It means community policing. It means decriminalization of some or all drugs. It means the demilitarization of the police. It means disarming the police. It means turning police into eyes more than clubs, much like the way policing is done in much of the world.

A couple of cops walking the streets with whistles and batons.

It means a lot more than what you said.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Popovich is such a fool.

Let's defund the cops -- make their pay and pensions sh%tty so they can become like Mexico - start taking bribes from the cartels and become corrupt as . You think the PD is a corrupt, good old boy club now...just wait till they defend them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich is such a fool.

Let's defund the cops -- make their pay and pensions sh%tty so they can become like Mexico - start taking bribes from the cartels and become corrupt as . You think the PD is a corrupt, good old boy club now...just wait till they defend them.
    Lol. Decriminalization and legalization of drugs solves part of that made up scenario.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because Pop is to the left of Biden/Harris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like more tents for the homeless, or a clean up crew so they can keep moving around like gypsies trashing up the place. Maybe a dumpster could be put where they camp so they can pile around it instead of in it, until one of them moves into the dumpster itself.
    if you cant provide shelters for the homeless population, having the city designate encampment areas with some incredibly basic needs like water, etc, could go a long way. paying police to tear down tents and shoo people away isn't solving anything. its literally kicking the can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because Pop is to the left of Biden/Harris.
    There's an entire wing of the Democratic party, plus the Green party that is too. , if you want to break it down by the issues, on average about 75% of the Democrats are left of Biden (ex. 87% of registered Dems support M4A, etc.).

It's a sad thing the Dems did nominating such an establishmentarian old moderate hack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh he wants citizens to have guns to Protect us because we have no police

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund does not mean abolish or get rid of. Some of yall are a dumb. It means stop giving them tanks and armored vehicles and military tac gear
    No money means can not get trained

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a distorted view. It means changing the way and manner in which citizens interact with their law enforcement so that it's not immediately adversarial in nature. It means community policing. It means decriminalization of some or all drugs. It means the demilitarization of the police. It means disarming the police. It means turning police into eyes more than clubs, much like the way policing is done in much of the world.

A couple of cops walking the streets with whistles and batons.

It means a lot more than what you said.
    So next school shooting you want the cops to run in with batons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less money=less cops/trainees
    Less cops when you need them and before you say f the cops you will probably be the first to call when you get robbed, threatned, triggered or assaulted. Hope the social worker can help you when they arrive.
    Armored trucks and gear have thier place in a police force.
    If anything i can see more training required which cost money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich is such a fool.

WTF? Their pay isn't going to change. Where do you get this info, it means they won't have military like weapons and they won't have to handle every single situation that comes up because other programs will start to be funded that can cover some of what they do right now. They'll be able to get more places because they aren't trying to get a cat out of a tree or whatever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are such an idiot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/o...nd-police.html

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you cant provide shelters for the homeless population, having the city designate encampment areas with some incredibly basic needs like water, etc, could go a long way. paying police to tear down tents and shoo people away isn't solving anything. its literally kicking the can
    You seem to think the "homeless population" is a static figure instead of people merging from ty low income lifestyle where drugs are the detail of the day to simply being given everything they need while camping and sharing stories with close friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So next school shooting you want the cops to run in with batons.
    Bobbies with whistles and strong condemnation

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You are such an idiot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/o...nd-police.html

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police
    wow so an opinion article from someone at NYT is your source? ing moron this is literally one persons opinion and not the majority you stupid . it literally says OPINION at the very top try again dip
    Last edited by Joseph Kony; 08-18-2020 at 05:18 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    right wingers: "we love our guns! we need them to protect ourselves! we dont call the police we shoot first! MAGA! GUNSSZZZ!!!"

also right wingers "we need the police to protect us when black people are in our neighborhood"

ing pansy ass gots you and your ass police force

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow so an opinion article from someone at NYT is your source? ing moron this is literally one persons opinion and not the majority you stupid . it literally says OPINION at the very top try again dip
    Yes it's an OPINION you dumb ass, that is what we are talking about. Are you really that dumb you can't ing understand that

It's the opinion of a community organizer who is activity working on abolishing the police not some dumb ass poster on Spurstalk worried about police tanks.
    Last edited by cool cat; 08-18-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to solve the problem is you need a of a lot more training as they have the most dangerous job but receive really crappy amount for having to put there life on the line every day. So you want to fix it well that’s a first then focus on mental health which is almost as bad as the drug problem we have going on right now. Third make weed legal legal I don’t think you can make all drugs like meth or heroine legal would have to also vastly increase access to quality Rehab centers.

Then need to totally look at our schools get rid of Teacher Unions actually pay teachers on merit based and definitely increase base salary. All teachers should have free education to pay for Masters or Doctorate and they should also receive more training. Change the whole outlook on school meaning understand that a lot kids don’t want to go to college but when they graduate they have no skills. So a big push would to go back to the old days and have trade schools ie mechanic, AC, Plumbing, IT, Nursing, Housing Construction etc. so these kids can graduate with a skill set to get a decent job in a trade industry they like.

Then focus on the College Scam no way prices should be that high you need to stop these colleges from getting all this free money from the government on all the loans they cover. You give the University no reason to Lower cost when they Know kids have access to loans for 20 grand a year. Also loans should only be for students majoring in something where they can actually get a job when they graduate some of the majors they have out there are ridiculous and students when they can’t find a job with a ty major. Also university should have grades open records how many of there students graduate and how many get jobs after 6 months of graduating and average salary there students are making.

Lastly I think we need to have classes in basic morality in school starting from day one just teaching kids to be kind to each other and understand that life is precious. It’s sad but Teachers are having to be parents so you might as well have some classes they can teach to help theses kids through school - yes if your gong to make drugs legal you should have students take anti drug classes so they know how ed up there life will be if they get addicted to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to solve the problem is you need a of a lot more training as they have the most dangerous job but receive really crappy amount for having to put there life on the line every day. So you want to fix it well that’s a first then focus on mental health which is almost as bad as the drug problem we have going on right now. Third make weed legal legal I don’t think you can make all drugs like meth or heroine legal would have to also vastly increase access to quality Rehab centers.

Then need to totally look at our schools get rid of Teacher Unions actually pay teachers on merit based and definitely increase base salary. All teachers should have free education to pay for Masters or Doctorate and they should also receive more training. Change the whole outlook on school meaning understand that a lot kids don’t want to go to college but when they graduate they have no skills. So a big push would to go back to the old days and have trade schools ie mechanic, AC, Plumbing, IT, Nursing, Housing Construction etc. so these kids can graduate with a skill set to get a decent job in a trade industry they like.

Then focus on the College Scam no way prices should be that high you need to stop these colleges from getting all this free money from the government on all the loans they cover. You give the University no reason to Lower cost when they Know kids have access to loans for 20 grand a year. Also loans should only be for students majoring in something where they can actually get a job when they graduate some of the majors they have out there are ridiculous and students when they can’t find a job with a ty major. Also university should have grades open records how many of there students graduate and how many get jobs after 6 months of graduating and average salary there students are making.

Lastly I think we need to have classes in basic morality in school starting from day one just teaching kids to be kind to each other and understand that life is precious. It’s sad but Teachers are having to be parents so you might as well have some classes they can teach to help theses kids through school - yes if your gong to make drugs legal you should have students take anti drug classes so they know how ed up there life will be if they get addicted to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to think the "homeless population" is a static figure instead of people merging from ty low income lifestyle where drugs are the detail of the day to simply being given everything they need while camping and sharing stories with close friends.
    i didnt say its a static figure or imply that poor life choices didnt contribute to their predicament, but they are there nonetheless and are a non-insignificant portion of our population. but addressing an issue that impacts a large group of people would ordinarily have to be done systemically.

Thread Information